[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't HATE Microsoft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I just disagree with some of their policies. Bill Gates is actually a real nice guy who gives lots of money to charities and has done some remarkable things for impoverished people.

I just can't help to think of them as somewhat of a dinosaur. I'm not entirely sure if they divested themselves of their Intel and Pentium holdings, or if MS is still owned by IBM as a holding company, but more and more Microsoft is starting to look like a dinosaur.

They two year software cycle on most of their products is an outmoded idea, the pressure to constantly innovate has led them to reinvent the wheel. There is nothing wrong with MS word, excel, and outlook, but there really isn't much left to improve upon. They do their job adequately without the need to pay for yearly updates to Office 360.

I love windows 7. It has so many god damn features that I've been working with it for years and haven't found them all. I just didn't care for the "dumbed down" metro look of windows 8 or the invasive ai assistance in Windows 10.

I don't want to switch to Linux but Windows 10 doesn't offer me anything I actually want, it just cuts me off from support from features I already use or new features I want to implement in Windows 7.

Windows should really just start cashing in on its properties and lobby for government dosh to maintain their programs.

They are already essential to the administrative infrastructure of our government, just like we have sewer mainframes and utilities that still run on UNIX, most contemporary office and publishing software uses MS office products.

The logic is sound, "Why fix something if it ain't broke?"
>>
>>59639947
Also, I don't know why MS hasn't gobbled up Quicken / Turbo Tax
>>
Just to reiterate, I don't hate microsoft, I just wish they would stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
Don't hate Pajeet. Hate the street poo.
>>
>>59640546
They can be trained!
>>
>>59639947
>Bells
Tasteless plebes
>>
>>59640837
Bells and Jameson is where it's at unless you're a pretentious fag
>>
>>59640869
Cheap mass produced alcohol will always be that.
And the taste will always suffer because of it.

You don't need to be a pretentious twat to be able to draw a clear line between a good and a bad whiskey. Or any alcohol for that matter.
>>
Microsoft went to shit when Bill Gates decided to put a Pajeet in charge instead of a Bond-tier Supervillian like every other tech firm. The others may take over the world, but he is more likely to end up as an employee of 7/11.
>>
>>59639947
People WANT new stuff that doesn't add any function. They have to introduce all the new trash or else people stop buying their stuff (they are a company not a charity).

This is a very normal business cycle. You start as the innovative start up but one day you become the stale giant and nobody really knows what to do then.
>>
>>59640909
microsoft went to shit when Bill gates left, period. he was the only one with any kind of vision. I mean he was involved with the code crunching up till the day he left the company. he stepped down as CEO to create his own specific job title of 'chief programming designer" or something like that.
>>
>>59640909
Still an improvement over Ballmer
>>
>>59639947
At this rate they're going to be left only with gaming and server market for businesses. They have to move on to mobile while they're still very much popular, there is no other option for them. That's why you don't like W10, because it's moving towards mobile, and has stuff like the Windows Store.

But the problem they have is, they expect everything to boom instantly and if it doesn't they kill it off. So whenever I think about buying into some Microsoft concept (like Windows Phone) I think twice.
>>
>>59640890
drinking alcohol for any other reason than getting shitfaced makes you a twat
>>
>>59639947
>done some remarkable things for impoverished people.
Free human tests for big pharmas. His foundation isn't that popular anymore aside reddit tier idiots.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.