[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is this and why does it exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: wtf.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
what is this and why does it exist
>>
>>59639655
Does shit like this even work?
>>
>>59639655

DB9 to 2.5mm jack.

In my experience it was used for serial data transfer from something like a barcode scanner to a computer.
>>
>>59639655
Underage b&
>>
>>59639655
Fuck I need one of those! Tape to Serial for Tandy CoCo 3!
>>
>>59639655

Some devices used the audio jack for data. Off the top of my head graphic calculators.
>>
It's a wire that streams information. I'm assuming it takes video from one end and blasts information that a audio jack can pick up from the other end or vice versa.
>>
>>59639679
Still used in manufacturing. A factory that I supported used this to transfer instructions to a welding robot from an old ibm thinkpad running w2k
>>
>2017
>Not seeing your sound
Stay pleb.
>>
It's a butt plug
Its butts your plugs
>>
It is, in fact, an Universal Serial Bus cable.
I'll aim to explain it to you within a while.
>>
You'll know soon
>>
>>59639655
>why does it exist
"it's not dead if there's still one pin left standing" mentality
>>
>>59639801
That's not a d-sub plug, tard
>>
>>59639655
Fucking keds get of my tech weeb board reeee

Some devices carry data over 3.5 jack, ie ipod video/ipod nano

I used to put Lost episodes on my 60gb ipod video circa 2007 and watch them with this chick before i shoved my dong down her throat
>>
>>59639655
yes it works fine.. serial output to a device that has positive, negative and digital data
can be used from thermal probe a simple device to big machinary to read any type of probe
>>
Rs232 cable used to send serial data to devices. It's useful for communicating with a device when you cannot connect over ethernet
>>
>>59640125
>That's not a d-sub plug, tard
Wrong
>>
>>59640125
It *is* a D-sub plug, fag.
>>
>>59639655
Why do you exist, you godless sack of shit.
>>
>>59639655
Coincidentally I was looking at one just like that today. Still in it's package, lying on a colleague's desk. I was wondering the same thing. Didn't bother to ask though.

>>59639679
That could make sense. Still plenty of barcode scanner usage here..
>>
File: IMG_0042.jpg (107KB, 1090x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
107KB, 1090x802px
>>59641072
>>59641097
Bzzzt

>mfw retards can't even tell the difference between a plug and socket
>>
>>59641374
Okay cis scum, my cable end can identify themselves what they please. Literally shaking right now, I don't even
>>
>>59641374
To be fair on them it IS a bit confusing, serial plugs are mounted on the case, and you use socket wires to attach devices, and since people usually think of sockets as the fixed part it's understandable that they mess up with serial, as it has the roles reversed
>>
>>59641374
Wow did you just imply that a FEMALE D-sub can't have a penis?
>>
>>59639655
I have worked on some server storage shelves that use that to interface with the control modules
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.