[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats your biggest tech disappointments this year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>phone arrives today
>setup gmail
>OTA update pops out, figure i'll update to newest OS before transfering date from my old phone
>installation failed: reboot now
>stuck on reboot
2h later
>remote support
>guy tries to load the update manually
>system:failure
>md5 checkum: failure
>guy tries again
>modem:failure
>system:failure
>recovery:failure
>md5 checksum: failure

need to ship the phone back, will take about 2 weeks till i get a replacement
>>
>>59636129
>he doesn't know how to update his phone
>he doesn't unlock and flash phone's recovery and ROM as soon as he gets it
>he is an itoddler silver spoon faggot
>>
>>59636169
>implying a regular phone user needs to know all of this

1+ needs to get their shit together
>>
>>59636227
>regular phone user
this is why reddit is cancer
>>
>>59636129
>buys oneplus 3T

>doesn't know anything about flashing and shyt

okay.
>>
I got a scratch on my zte axon 7's screen. Pretty pissed because i need to ship it back to germany, although screen replacement is free
>>
>>59636129
>needing some dude to flash your phone for you
lmao what the fuck
>>
>>59636412

>C U C K E D
>U
>C
>K
>E
>D
>>
The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>59636227
Not sure if you know this, but the 1+ line is mostly aimed at "enthusiasts", who would actually know this. Now get off my board, you iNormie.
>>
>Phone is dysfunctional out of the box
>"I-it's OK because the target audience knows how to deal with it!"
>"It's totally not just a major fuck-up and bad design!"
>>
>>59636129
My ER-4PT broke.

>>59637844
>>59636237
/g/ tier delusions here. Aimed for enthusiasts lmao. Sure fell for the invite only marketing.
>>
>>59637863
This, holy shit. The things this board feels superiority for are baffling. What's more the result of the narrow, higher tier of knowledge is the ridiculing of people who haven't put the same effort into researching some particular problem or task. It's not even the point here but the behavior is regressive. In the more hopeful even they were just baits.
>>
>>59637844
>Not sure if you know this, but the 1+ line is mostly aimed at "enthusiasts", who would actually know this.

>"Never Settle"

>"The OnePlus 3T stays true to our Never Settle approach. Impressive specs mean nothing if you don’t have a great experience every time you pick up your phone. The OnePlus 3T delivers the best user experience, thanks to the latest hardware upgrades and carefully tested software enhancements. It was developed with care, craftsmanship and in collaboration with our community."

Where does it say "This phone is for enthusiasts only; please send your CV and letter of motivation outlining your experience with Android devices in order to determine your eligibility for our product."?

That's like a someone buying a dysfunctional car, but it's OK, some random autist on the internet claims it's for mechanics and enthusiasts that should be able to fix the shambles anyway. Wanna know how I know OT marketing team has paid shills?
>>
BlackBerry stopped making phones
>>
They should sell phones without any ROM or bootloader to trigger normies ITT
>>
>>59638103

Unofficially, it's an enthusiast's phone. New ROMs tend to get ported to Oneplus and Nexus devices before everything else, because nothing is locked down on these phones. If you weren't interested in running a custom ROM, there are phones from other companies with comparable prices and features.

That said, why are you even posting on this board if you are not an enthusiast? Go be a normie somewhere else.
>>
I am about to buy the north american version of this phone, any advice? I was going to just run it as is, and update whatever is provided via OTA, is this a phone you have to manually update etc?
>>
>>59636227
Normie get off my board reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>59638407
Doesn't justify the fact that what OP experienced is a problem that should not have happened. Enthusiast or not, you would not be satisfied if something didn't work as intended from day 0 no matter how hard you try to justify it "logically". Hell, I'd even be pissed off if someone peeled the plastic on a brand new device that belongs to me.

>there are phones from other companies with comparable prices and features.

It's not hard to imagine why a normie might find a device with minimum bloat and an effective way to block adverts appealing, even if they are not interested in running custom ROMs.

>That said, why are you even posting on this board if you are not an enthusiast?
>Reading comprehension.
>>
>>59636129
>Buying a phone with one of the biggest custom ROM communities and doesn't know how to flash ROMs
Stick to iPhones.
>>
>>59637931
>Invite only marketing
What year is it
>>
>>59638407
>phone etutahist decide that certain phone is only for etutahist and not for non etutahist
why haven't you kill yourself anon?
>these phone must run only costume rome
fucking kill your self anon. I swear I will stab you irl.

>be this anon
>fat smelly virgin
>call himself super phone enthusiast
>but really just google everything
>browsing xda how to root his phone
>has bricked several phone
>finally own a decent phone with huge xda community
>decide this phone only for enthusiast
>tell /g/ that they're normie for buying 0neplus 3t and not changing it CyanogenMod after unboxing
>didn't really know anything about developing
>just following some indian tutorial on how to flash
>once there is a bug on his custom rom, bashing the dev in forum, reeeeing for bricking his phone
>haven't kill himself yet
why anon?
>>
>>59636129
Why didnt you do few hours of research how to unlock and flash the phone?
>>
>>59638853
Typical normie response m'non
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-191248.png (88KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-191248.png
88KB, 1080x1920px
>>59636129

The OP3T is fucking amazing you faggot. You were just unlucky with a DOA, deal with it
>>
>>59639950
>7.0
>not 7.1
faggot
>>
Ryzen.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170327-191443.png (155KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170327-191443.png
155KB, 1440x2560px
>>59639950
1080p.

Must be nice living back there in 2010.
>>
Dell. Their motherboards now have proprietary connectors to propietary PSUs
>>
>need to ship the phone back, will take about 2 weeks
Haha oh wow.

You're the type of person who should stick with iPhones.
>>
>>59640297
>4K screen on a fucking phone

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>59640621
Actually waiting for the xperia xz to release so I can upgrade from the y
6p.
>>
>>59636169
pretty much this.

fpbp
>>
File: 1607splclassiccar_03.jpg (559KB, 2000x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1607splclassiccar_03.jpg
559KB, 2000x1497px
>buys the Shelby Ford Mustang of smartphones
>"you expect me to change the oil myself!!??"

you are like every stupid (pic related) baby boomer that tries to live out his classic car fantasy but can't keep the damn thing running himself so he eventually gives up and sells it to an actual person that knows their shit
>>
>>59636169
>>59636394
>>59636412
>>59637337
>>59638717
>>59639023
>>59640408
>>59640812

why the fuck do you care so much that someone doesn't need a custom rom or doesn't know how to flash it?
>hurr durr, it's for enthusiast users only you should buy a new phone
>tips fedora
I bought OP because of the huge memory, minimal bloat and double SIM as i want it double as a work phone and i have a shitload of data/music i need daily.
>>
>>59638853
Wow great shitpost bro, you are really contributing a lot to your life and the lives of others by being completely ignorant, uninformed and inhibiting proper discussion.

Props, m'non
>>
>browses /g/
>needs tech support
You don't belong here.
>>
>>59640835
You also bought it because it's half the price of any similarly-specced phone

the reason it is half the price is because they expect the end user to be semi-knowledgeable and fix their own shit

if you are knowledgeable, then it's a great deal

if you aren't, then you shouldn't buy it
>>
should I just wait for the Oneplus 4? whats the likelyhood of a releas
>>
>>59638853
>these shitty enunciation attempts
kill yourself
>>
>>59640902
>start a company
>sell phones that change into bricks as soon as you set them up
>company motto
>if you are knowledgeable, then it's a great deal
>if you aren't, then you shouldn't buy it
>wait for profit and official /g/ neckeard approval
>???
>profit
>>
>>59640963
OnePlus seems to be doing just fine

You on the other hand are still just a moron
>>
>>59640902
>You also bought it because it's half the price of any similarly-specced phone
sure, one of the reasons
>the reason it is half the price is because they expect the end user to be semi-knowledgeable and fix their own shit
sure, a lot of the target audience might be such people
that still doesn't justify selling phones that get bricked pretty much as soon as you get them out of the box
>>
>>59640963
>start a company
>sell cars with manual transmissions
>company motto
>if you can drive a manual, then it's a great deal
>if you can't, then you shouldn't buy it
>wait for profit and official /o/ neckbeard approval
>???
>profit
>>
>>59640996
>that still doesn't justify selling phones that get bricked pretty much as soon as you get them out of the box

>implying this happens to everyone and not just morons
>>
>>59636129
>md5 checksum error

tbqhfamalam it sounds like your internet connection is shit and has nothing to do with the phone. Your download is just borked.
>>
>>59641020
>sure, my moronic presence disrupted the 1's and 0's thus causing the OTA update to fail
>>
File: iphone7-silver-select-2016[1].png (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
iphone7-silver-select-2016[1].png
48KB, 300x300px
>>59636129
Maybe a phone like the OnePlus is not for you

Return it and consider a phone that you can take out of the box and just use.

May I recommend the iPhone?
>>
>>59636169

Some people like having warranty that isn't voided
>>
>>59640835
>doesn't need a custom ROM
You obviously do if you had to ship your phone away because you're too dumb to flash a ROM yourself. It's absolutely piss easy to do on Oneplus phones as long as you have the reading skills of a fifth grader, don't have an autistic meltdown just because we're trying to help you actually be an informed customer.
>>
>>59641068
your a moron because your story doesn't hold water

if the md5 checksum failed then recovery would not have installed the update to begin with so nothing would have been altered and your phone would have restarted fine

it's very like you did some other fuckery during the update like forcing it to proceed or flashing some other shit or simply installing some shitty app or root before the update restart
>>
>sending a non-bricked smartphone in for 'repair'
>sending a non-bricked smartphone in for 'repair' with an unlocked bootlader
>sending a non-bricked smartphone in for 'repair' with an unlocked bootlader and factory ROMs available for download from the manufacturer

This story just keeps getting funnier and funnier.
>>
>>59636407
Dutch here too. Where'd you get your Axon 7 and how much did you pay? Is the DAC really much better than regular ones? How is the battery? Do you have N yet?
>>
>>59636129
Go back to plebbit, normalshit
>>
>>59640996
It's not a common ocurrence some idiot gets his phone bricked as soon as he gets it.
Besides bad luck it doesn't help you whine about it instead of googling 5 minutes and solve it.
>>
>>59636129
>setup gmail

Do you really call installing an app, "setting up gmail"
>>
>>59640835
Low iq subhuman
>>
>>59636129
I literally flashed my phone like 25 times when i got it, i even bork the hole recovery and os, but its android(linux). you can always recover.
one time i even tried dd the main disk whcih the system is running in and filled everthing with zeros and the system did crash even, but after a shutdown there was no os or partions, sience :)
>>
>>59641201
hey probably meant configure gmail settings on gmail app. give the faggot a break
>>
>>59640835
>i have a shitload of data/music i need daily

Kill yourself you mindless consumerist shill. You can't be bothered to read how to reinstall a factory ROM (since you tried to force install a borked download because your internet is shit) but you need "shitloads" of music/data daily

I hate you.
>>
>>59638447
I run it out of the box fine. I've never had an issue with updates, the updater gives you a notification when you've got something ready. The only thing I had to do was change my locale to get Nougat early since it wasn't pushed to me, but you shouldn't even need to do that now.
I know it's geared for someone who wants to customize, but for me the nice specs + practically zero bloat was perfect. Not to mention the pricing.
>>
>>59642220
And by wasn't pushed to me, I mean they were rolling it out in phases and I was impatient.
>>
>>59636129
my biggest disappointment this year was taking the time to read this post
>>
>>59638853

>browsing xda how to root his phone
You can find tutorials for how to root these things on the Oneplus forums themselves.

>has bricked several phone
I started using custom ROMs with my Oneplus One, which I still use today, and have never bricked. I've bootlooped it once by mistake, but that was a trivial fix. The only bricked device I have is a 2009 Macbook Pro, which is bricked due to a hardware fault, not as a result of any software I've installed on it.

>tell /g/ that they're normie for buying 0neplus 3t and not changing it CyanogenMod after unboxing
LineageOS. CyanogenMod is dead. And yes, you are a normie.

>didn't really know anything about developing
I am in the final quarter of my CS master's degree. Yes, I can develop software. You don't need software development skills to install LineageOS, however.

>once there is a bug on his custom rom, bashing the dev in forum, reeeeing for bricking his phone
There aren't too many serious bugs in LineageOS, nor were there too many in CyanogenMod. Stop applying the old Arch memes about shit not working all the time and having to constantly change shit every day to LineageOS. It is quite valid as a daily driver.

And you still have yet to answer why you are posting on this board with your normie tastes.
>>
>>59641147
Belsimpel, DAC is pretty good but i don't have high end headphones but the ath-m40x from audio technica sure sounds better than on my PC. Battery is decent but i owned a moto x play before which had better battery life but the battery is good enough for one day of use, it's better than my girlfriend's S7. I already have android 7.0 but 7.1.1 with daydream is rolling out at march 31th
>>
>>59641050
>tbqhfamalam it sounds like your internet connection is shit and has nothing to do with the phone. Your download is just borked.
the OTA update was downloaded completly, same with the .zip files for the remote support.

>>59641101
>>59641101
>it's very like you did some other fuckery during the update like forcing it to proceed or flashing some other shit or simply installing some shitty app or root before the update restart

I got the phone out of the box, configured google account, pressed download OTA. did nothing else.
OTA downloaded fine, but failed on installation and then got stuck on boot. i turned it off after 15mins. turning it on again made it get stuck on boot screen

md5 checkum fail started showing after the tech support tried to flash the phone remotely.
>>
I got myself a Moto G4 (not play, not plus) and I have to say I kinda regret things. I updated it to nougat OTA and from what I've heard, even rooting it is a pain now and I shouldn't have done that.

I wanted a better system. The motobloat is wasting precious RAM and the phone ain't exactly that snappy in comparison with my piece of shit chinkphone with 1GB of RAM and a shitty mediatek processor.
>>
>>59643620
>the OTA update was downloaded completly, same with the .zip files for the remote support.
>md5 checksum: failed

pick one
>>
ITT: OP is just a moron.
>>
>>59636129
you only had to unlock it, flash twrp, install stock rom and you're done you fucking weeb.

get of /g/ please
>>
>>59642600
this is the post:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3t-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.475142/
>>
>>59643887
>>59643917

It's easier than that, Oneplus walks you through the sideload on their site: http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3t/oneplus_3t_oxygenos_4.0.3/

In fact it's the first phone manufacturer I've ever seen describe the flashing process to its customers
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.