[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brain Computationnal Data Transfer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: brain-computer-interface.png (411KB, 1200x595px) Image search: [Google]
brain-computer-interface.png
411KB, 1200x595px
I have read that scientist are already working on a system that would allow computers to add information to our brains.

Do you think this is even possible? why?
>>
>>59633823
>google tripcode
>one result
Filtered.
>>
no dear OP it doesnt work without buying our Exocortex™.Exocortex transcodes all your information you want into analog beta-theta waves in those waves we add our own drm system that will ensure you dont download pirated wetware into your skull.
>>
>>59633823
It won't work simply because the brain is not a computer, it's not a simple matter of "translating" data either because that would require that we know the brains "language", which doesn't work like that given that brains in different humans have different ways of connecting hundreds of thousands of neurons through synapses, sure, you could follow patterns for basic things and identify regions where certain fuctions ar3 controled, but assuming that acquiring knowledge will always have the same ocilation patterns for the everyone is silly.
Any person that had to relearn a skill after an accident is an example of how the brain canto around and follow very different ways to achieve the same goal, even goals that the very same brain already achieved once.

It would be cool though, wouldn't it?
>>
>>59636217
So you think computer cant emulate brain? I think the only way to transfer consciousness to a machine is a brain scan and some type of emulation. Can be difficult, but possible.
>>
>>59633823
It's most certainly possible in theory but current technology isn't close to be able to effectively do this

Currently a dirty phone poster so I can't send a link but look up

"Super Intelligence Paths, Dangers, and Strategies" by Nick bostrom
>>
>>59633823
mark of the beast
>>
You'd probably throw up from the sensation
>>
We have EEG headwear that can read brain waves. But that technology is pretty shit because its trying to detect brain neuron signals with a skull in between. There are some who've drilled a hole into the skull and had a more closer and successful implementation of this technology. However that's expensive and very invasive.

Current experiments are using injecting method to inject wireless "nanobots" (in essence an amplifier) in the brains and letting it amplify with outside receiver. The nanobots would be powered by peizo-electric mechanism. These nanobots would be placed near either ontop of the brain or inside the brain. It would be a safe material ofcourse(as these studies are being done right now). The outside receiver will then receive much more accurate brain readings which can then be used to connect with computer devices via bluetooth/wifi/etc.

And this is just the beginning of the phase. The next step is to make an actual nanobot without needing an outside receiver (other than the computer).

Once we know more about methodology, our understanding of brain waves and translation technology will make it much faster to communicate directly with more complex commands/words/etc.
>>
>>59633823
I sure hope it isn't possible. I can't wait to see people defending "The government should be allowed to read your thoughts to prevent terrorism, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear".
>>
>>59633823
Is it a question from the school? lol
>>
>>59633823
lmao I know kung fu
>>
File: 1489751489772.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
1489751489772.png
139KB, 917x871px
>tfw can't install new knowledge because IQ doesn't meet the minimum specs
>>
>>59641575
knowledge is useless without the ability to process it
>>
>>59642365
>look on calendar
>it's not obvious day
>>
>>59635699
You forgot to mention the anonymized thoughts collection and Ad-thoughts that are compulsory as part of the terms of use agreement users would be required to sign.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.