[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its only me that thinks /r/Futurology/ became a piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Crystal-01.jpg (213KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal-01.jpg
213KB, 700x479px
Its only me that thinks /r/Futurology/ became a piece of shit?
I used to lurk there to know about the latest tech advances but nowadays if you scroll past the frontpages the only topics are:

- Elon Musk cock slurping
- muh clean energy
- muh universal basic income
- hurr robots will replace ALL jobs
- other political shit in general
>>
>>59632681

>Elon Musk cock slurping

He's a pretty central figure in futurism today, what with the affordable spaceflight, electric cars, renewable energy, Martian colonization, mind-machine interfaces, etc. You know?

>clean energy

Again, kind of a big deal. There's a reason people are talking about it. The human race kind of can't survive without it, and having it could mean a brighter future for the entire species.

>universal basic income

They're not wrong, it's more or less inevitable.

>hurr robots will replace ALL jobs

I'm not sure why you have a problem with this. They may not replace literally all jobs any time soon, but it's going to be a square-root function, where it levels off after an initial burst, but still keeps rising slowly toward 100%.

One in three jobs in the finance sector is already endangered by automation. At Wal-mart, you can see, on any given day, one employee managing six automated checkout lanes. At McDonald's, you can see freestanding kiosks that can take your order, reducing the number of employees necessary at any given time. Experimental robots enforce laws, deliver packages, harvest fruit, build houses, and more. If you don't see where we're ultimately going with this, you're blind as shit.
>>
>reddit
>>
>>59632681
>>59633471
Both of you fucking niggers needs to go back to and stay there.
>>
>>59632681

The picture of Ray Kurzweil tells you everything you need to know about /r/futurology.
>>
>reddit
>>
>>59632681
>futurology
most of the sci-fi shit has been brought to reality and not a single one of them has been awesome, except MAYBE smartphones, or maybe it is me being a jaded fuck that can't see the appeal anymore.
>>
>>59633491

Tell me how I'm wrong, shtibird. I dare you.
>>
>>59633471
>The human race kind of can't survive without it
meme, you dont have a constant flow of wind except maybe in deserts, which would require desertification, in turn, ENCOURAGING desertification of HUGE unhabitated areas, but hey, looks like very few people post about it on the internet right? that leave us with the other """""""""""""""clean"""""""""""""" alternative, nuclear reactors, lets not forget about chernobyl and fukushima shall we?

>They're not wrong, it's more or less inevitable.
there is a thread debunking this meme right now
>>
>>59632681
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>59633471
I'm not saying I disagree with those topics, I'm saying that the subreddit turned to shit because people can only talk about them. I want to see new exciting stuff, not the same shit everyday
>>
>>59632681
You have to go back.

>>59633530
No one here knows because this is not reddit.

>>59633497
>>59633530
>>59633471
These are some beautiful reddit newlines.
>>
>>59632681
>>59633471

obvious samefagg is obvious.
>>
Elon Musk needs to be in prison, if not executed.
Guy was already worth hundreds of millions, if not billions, yet he still got billions in tax payer money for high risk ventures.
On top of the fact he is an elitist that wants humanity to "merge with technology" and kill off all commoners such as pretty much everyone in this thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.