[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get it how some people are in the cult of progress and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: artificial_intelligence.jpg (757KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
artificial_intelligence.jpg
757KB, 1400x1050px
I get it how some people are in the cult of progress and how they worship technology as a means to civilizational upgrade but isn't striving to replace human intelligence with artificial intelligence getting it a bit too far?

>inb4 artificial intelligence is a means to help humans
Humanity has existed for thousands of years without some Silicon Valley hipsters trying to play God.
>>
>>59627578
Someone made exactly the same argument against steam power 150 years ago.
>>
>>59627578
I want to live forever.
>>
>>59627608
With a reply like that I can see how artificial intelligence can replace some human intellect.
>>
>>59627578
>implying anyone in Silicon Valley is capable of developing an AI
>>
>>59627578
quite possibly. The machine always needs to be transparent to the user and be controllable, otherwise we're not helping ourselves.
>>
File: Rare_a41f3a_5507279.jpg (67KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Rare_a41f3a_5507279.jpg
67KB, 780x780px
>>59627578
Life in the early 2000's was quite comfy, I don't know why they want more shit on top of what we already have.
>>
>>59627755
THE PROGRESS

WE ALWAYS NEED TO STRIVE FOR MORE AND BETTER OR ELSE WE WOULDNT BE WHERE WE ARE

EVERY SINGLE PERSON MUST STRIVE FOR MORE EVERY DAY IN EVERY GENERATION
>>
>>59627608
/thread
>>
ghost in the shell implants will become a reality and everyone without one will be left behind. imagine having a dumb phone while everyone has a smart phone. sure, you get hacked more often, but you can do so much more.
>>
>>59627578
No. There's not enough human intelligence to go around so we need to supplement it. Just like the industrial revolution supplemented human manpower.
>>
>>59627578

nah, there is no such thing as AI right now. It's more like a buzzword people slap to anything that analyse large dataset of informations.

Also, lots of tech are falling on the ground right now, like wearables, ereaders, etc... The novelty is wearing off and people realise that "Analog" is usually the way to go.

Did you know that every single projects to use laptops and tablets in school for teaching were a miserable failure and detrimental to learning ? Even the kids prefered going back to books. There were many reasons behind this and the fact that screens are slow and laggy is a big one. Yep, people hate lag.

ok, going to bed now so gn
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.