[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you using non-free software?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1489531388445.jpg (46KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489531388445.jpg
46KB, 462x500px
Why are you using non-free software?
>>
File: 1484392274344.png (332KB, 552x538px) Image search: [Google]
1484392274344.png
332KB, 552x538px
brat thread
>>
cuz I don't care about
> muh privacy
>>
Death to free software!
>>
free software is baka desu senpai
real otakuniichan use master race os with kawaii waifune :333
-nnnnn -^.^-
>>
>>59626593
spooky eyes
>>
Because I use what's best instead of restricting myself to free software
>>
>>59626580
Because for a long time I didn't know better and now the inertia my current setup has is pretty hard to defeat. I'll get there, in time.
>>
>>59626580
graphics card firmware
>>
File: 1485187299820.png (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485187299820.png
64KB, 500x500px
>>59626730
This

$ ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE" emerge -uvpDN --complete-graph @world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 KiB

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- app-arch/unrar-5.4.5::gentoo (masked by: unRAR license(s))
A copy of the 'unRAR' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/unRAR'.

- app-arch/p7zip-16.02-r1::gentoo (masked by: unRAR license(s))
- sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.10.6::gentoo (masked by: freedist license(s))
A copy of the 'freedist' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/freedist'.

- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20170314::gentoo (masked by: freedist license(s))
- media-sound/mac-4.11.4.5.7::gentoo (masked by: mac license(s))
A copy of the 'mac' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/mac'.

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
>>
>>59626580
Because sometimes the free alternatives don't completely suit my needs. Sadly.
>>
File: flame.gif (1024KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
flame.gif
1024KB, 500x354px
>>59626580
because it's the only thing that brings me joy after working 10 hours every day.
>>
>>59626580
idgaf
>>
>>59626887
kys desu senpai.
it's because of sheep like you this world is shit
>>
Because after spending an entire afternoon trying to configure a fucking graphics card and only having the open-source drivers work I came to the startling conclusion that I was neither using free software for privacy nor for personal liberty, but rather because I'd been meme cucked by /g/.
>>
>>59626919
>posted from windows 10
>>
sometimes closed source alternatives are better
for example: 4chan > reddit

...that's the only example I got, unless you also want to throw AAA games and shit like nvidia blobs in there

there's that, and when you're vehemently against closed source to the point of not using, not knowing anything about what they got to offer, you are limiting and setting boundaries for yourself

I'd love to live in an open source world, but I don't. So the best thing I can do for myself is pluck the greatest things they came up with and use/exploit the shit out of them
>>
>>59628240
futaba > 4chan

FOSS wins again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.