[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New pentium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How good exactly are the new Intel Pentium processors?
My brother asked me to assemble a pc as cheap as possible on which he could play some basic games, and he refuses to buy 2nd hand parts.
As I found out the price difference between Intel Core processors and Pentium ones is huge, and I remember /g/ was pretty positive about the G3258 which supposedly was some overclock wonder, but this one shouldn't be overclockable.

In short, is it worth it or not?
>>
>>59625569
no, stick with an i3, or buy an FX-6300 and overclock the fuck out of it

alternatively, sounds like he doesnt know shit about components. just buy second hand parts behind his back and tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>59625569
>pentium is the new i3
>hyper-memeing
Here we go boiiiii
>>
>>59625594
i3 sell for ridiculous amounts of money too. Like what an i5 costed about 4 years ago.
>>
G4560 is the way to go for turbo poorfag builds, the i3's serve no purpose whatsoever nowadays because it's retarded to spend more than $100 on a dual core desktop CPU. You're not going to see any notable improvements in performance until you reach the i5.
>>
>>59625641
>>59625605
Well desu I can get him the Pentium and he can buy an i5 later. They have the same socket
>>
>>59625594
>no, stick with an i3

Why the fuck would you do that? The G4560 makes i3s obsolete. The 7350K is the only one worth a fuck in terms of extra performance, but costs nearly as much as an i5.
>>
I'm looking at the Dutch version of ebay right now. Is ~€155 for an RX 470 a good deal?

Also how come people seem to sell sealed GPU's?
>>
>>59625812
>Also how come people seem to sell sealed GPU's?
Their box fell down and they are worried the card might be broken. It's safer to resell such a card rather than open the box and discover a broken card.
>>
>>59625812
Unwanted gifts, unfulfilled builds, warranty replacements... there could be any number of reasons.
>>
>>59625856
>>59625868
I see. Do you think it's worth the hassle?

Also I'm looking up benchmarks right now and I'm kind of worried about how AMD seems to be fucked over by some developers. It performs very inconsistently compared to the GTX 1060 and 1050, which tend to be like 15-20fps apart. How often is this the case on non-AAA titels?
>>
File: blow_it_up_ugly_americans1.gif (939KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blow_it_up_ugly_americans1.gif
939KB, 400x225px
>>59625569
CPUs never wear out.
>buy used cpu
>pocket the rest
>you're a jew now
>literally profit
>>
>>59625895
There's zero risk as a buyer on eBay now. If you say anything's wrong, even if it isn't, you're getting your money back. Sellers can't even leave negative feedback any more.
>>
>>59625909
I know. Bought a pre-build desktop, to strip the CPU, for €80, which supposedly had an i5-4460 but turns out to have an i5-4690. Pretty good deal.
>>
>>59625911
Plus he lives in tiny Dutchland so he probably lives in the same neighborhood as the vendor.
>>
Now with even more NSA backdoors!
>>
>>59626014
I live as far away as possible from where 80% of our population lives. That's why I'm anxious, if I could pick it up in person there wouldn't be a problem because I'd have their adress, but having some 'sealed never used, no receip' GPU send to my place by Mr. Anonymous just doesn't seem safe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.