[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dum fone / feature phone thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: nokiass.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
nokiass.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have been using the old Nokia 3330 but today I acquired this newer Nokia-branded one for free. I think the model is 212.

So far, compared to the really old one
The good:
>interface isn't quite as simple, however
>obviously more functionality, need to try the audio player out
>having a shitty camera is better than nothing for taking pictures of things like amusing oddities I might encounter
>can have a waifu wallpaper once I find a small microSD card to put in

The bad:
>the buttons really don't feel as good
>not sure if its gonna last as well, but it does seem durable enough - the screen might be a weak part?

Can't comment on battery life just yet.
>>
Why can't they put a decent camera into a dumbphone? SE phones had better cameras than le 2017 budget phones
>>
look up the nokia 515, you poor fucking nigger
>>
File: cat b100.jpg (84KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
cat b100.jpg
84KB, 630x420px
Oh yeah, forgot one of the biggest pluses for the 212

>charges through microusb so no need for a dedicated, special charger anymore

>>59624318
>not just buying a Cat B100 if going for "premium" feature phones
has 3G and probably a decent enough camera
>>
>>59624406
being that bulky isn't a premium for me, at least
i like my 515. metal body and gorilla glass screen, even tho' it's not a touchscreen. it still looks like new since 2013
>>
>>59624461
Yeah, it does look really good. Just seems to be pretty expensive in most places where it can still be bought.
>>
File: Nokia-5310-XpressMusic-0.jpg (54KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia-5310-XpressMusic-0.jpg
54KB, 500x650px
So, Nokia general?
>>
File: motorola-razr-v3-silver_10.jpg (37KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
motorola-razr-v3-silver_10.jpg
37KB, 770x433px
>>59624582
I so want to own a Razr (maybe v3, maybe something newer) but I'm really I have suspicions about their UI. I've heard bad things and it does look stupid in pictures.

Now that I think about it, I have never used/owned a dumbphone that wasn't a Nokia. I always liked the aesthetic of Motorola phones back in the day, but I wanted the functionality of Nokia smartphones (communicators), so no luck for Moto.
>>
>>59624582
I used one of these until all the buttons fell off. I think it lasted at least 6-7 years. I miss it tbqh.
>>
>>59624692
Let me add before anyone tells me I could've just replaced the keypad that the phone was just coming off all over the place. The charger socket kept malfunctioning, the red panels on the left side came off along with the buttons and the right side was getting ready to fall apart too. I finally stopped using when the some shit inside the charger socket just broke and came off.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuSED7qu9g
>>
>>59625377
THAT seems to be the right model, yeah. Don't know where I got the 212 from.
>>
File: 47054506_p7.jpg (234KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
47054506_p7.jpg
234KB, 400x600px
>>59624138
I'm gonna visit Japan in a few months.

Can anyone recommend me a good feature phone to pick up there?

Hopefully one that works in the states.
>>
File: nokia 225.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nokia 225.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
I wish I had this.
>>
>>59626876
They won't work outside of Japan unless you get an expensive as fuck HyperSIM. This is because they are locked to a certain network and different frequencies.
Also, a lot of their Domestic Android phones by Fujitsu, Sharp, Panasonic, etc are garbage stuck in versions 4.12-4.4.
Japan is now 50%+ iPhones.
>>
File: 1447028335857.jpg (27KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
1447028335857.jpg
27KB, 365x444px
>>59628273
Can I get a hypersim card for a flip phone?

I've always wanted one of those comfy looking phones from animes and if I can't get one I'm literally going to kill myself.
>>
> need to try the audio player out
Well, I've done it and jesus fucking christ how did anyone think this was a good one?

It does not let you browse your music by artist or album or playlist or anything. You only have an "all songs" option, in which songs are displayed by folder but this doesn't help shit since it displays titles rather than filenames (so you get a fucked up abc order rather than the proper 123 order of the album)

What the Fuck, Microsoft/Nokia? This would be a great function if it wasn't for this. Now it is only really usable if you want to throw in a folder full of songs and shuffle it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.