[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CryptoWall 3.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: help_decrypt.html.jpg (120KB, 932x907px) Image search: [Google]
help_decrypt.html.jpg
120KB, 932x907px
Let's band together and fix this stubborn ransomware. It uses RSA-2048 encryption and a good friend of mine needs help getting it off of his parents' PC.
>>
oh and by good friend I don't mean good friend at all, he's just an awesome acquaintance
>>
install gentoo
>>
>lets break RSA-2048, guys!!!!
Sure thing
>>
>>59623772
it's not me with the shitty windows virus it's someone I know
>>
>>59623787
wipe it and install a linux distro
the person/s operating said computor is/are too stoopid to run windows
>if they had to hammer a nail into a pile of dung, they'd brake the hammer, the nail or the dungpile
or maybe even manage to get themselves killed
>>
File: Untitled.png (508KB, 517x982px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
508KB, 517x982px
>>59623863
*break* ffs
>>
>>59623786
/thread
>>
>>59623711
pretty sure no one on /g/ had this virus cause we have an iq of at least 65
>>
>>59623711
Meh what do they have to lose? Some shitty pictures of cats?

Just nuke the drive and tell them to buy a Mac or install Xubuntu for them if they can't afford Apple.
>>
>>59623711
op if you paypal me 100 bitcoin and an uncensored version of the screenshot I can contact the developers and trick them into unlocking the computer
>>
>>59623711
Assuming there are no holes in the implementation (there probably aren't, it's not massively complex) there is no way to break this without a supercomputer (several really). You just better hope somebody releases the key at some point.
>>
>>59623786
the difficult we do today
the impossible takes a little longer
>>
>>59623711
they're fucked. unbreakable encryption.

if the keys are leaked
https://noransom.kaspersky.com

else they need to pay.
>>
>>59623728
Tell your fuccboi your not the super hacker you portrayed yourself as, and just nuke and reinstall.
>>
>>59623711
It's highly unlikely this can be decrypted. What you can do is disconnect the HDD and keep it somewhere until some security company releases a decryptor of some sort.

To avoid future fuckups, keep a regular data backup and employ common sense.
>>
>>59623711
>a good friend of mine needs help getting it off of his parents' PC

That's easy though. Just remove it and restore data from backup.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.