[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Market research firm GfK installing cameras on garbage trucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

... to gather data on consumer brand preferences by associating brands computer vision algorithm recognized from the trash with the geographic coordinate the truck was at.

How do you feel about this?
>>
>>59622608
good luck checking the shit inside my black bags, also most of my shit goes to compost anyways
>>
>>59622608
My garbage goes through my homemade compactor and then into a white trash bag.

Good luck finding out what brand of sex lube and dildos I use.
>>
My garbage goes down a trash chute and straight into the apartment's collective dumpster. Good luck finding out how much of an alcoholic I am.
>>
Further proof that one man's trash is another man's treasure
>>
useless
>>
>>59622703
>Not reading your fingerprints off the bottle and cross referencing with a nsa database.
>>
All my food and drinks come in paper bags so i eat the food, then as a dessert i eat the bag, good luck trying to understand a photo of my blood covered shit
>>
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/garbage-truck-cameras-become-powerful-resource-for-police/
>>
>>59622639
>>59622645
>>59622703
>>59623093
>hurr they can't get at me because of my superior technology or bizarre habit

They can analyze all of the normies garbage.

That's what matters to them.

/g/ posters are too much on the fringe in terms of interests and taste to effectively market after anyways.
>>
>>59623184
>Normies garbage
If this is true, its obviously not directed at normies, they are the ones who dont use adblock, they watch a ton of tv with ads, answer stupid surveys, consume the brand with most marketing. This idea is pretty stupid but if it were implemented, it is going to be about how sectors in the cities eat and how people outside the ad ring consumes
>>
>>59622608
ayy burgerland is soon turning into britbongistan. who needs stationary CCTV's when they can be put on utility mobiles
>>
>>59623263
Market research companies don't completely trust their survey and focus group results to accurately reflect consumer spending patterns.

People tend to overstate frequency with which they do or buy something when it's something unusual or something they looked forward to.

Some people may understate some purchases they're not proud of.

For example, upper middle class people may understate how much bottom-of-the-rung garbage-tier frozen pizzas they eat.

This might result in the frozen pizza company not marketing their low-end products in the upper middle class segment where they could have made additional sales.

Garbage recognition system bridges that gaps between self-reported spending pattern and actual spending pattern that they couldn't identify just with the aggregate retailer sales data.
>>
>>59623434
Well that has sense, thanks anon
>>
>>59622608
>How do you feel about this?
I'll have to as Alexaâ„¢.
>>
>>59623184
Everyone bags their garbage, shit for brains. Most civilized cities require it.
>>
>>59623293
Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit smear.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.