[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unlock oses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170125_164906.jpg (84KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_164906.jpg
84KB, 1080x810px
Which is easier to unlock when stolen iOS or android?

We debating for an hour with my apple fanboy brother and I tend to believe that android is quite more secure.

Pic unrelated
>>
Give it back, Jamal.
>>
>>59622289
Just give it back Tyrone
>>
niggers xDDDDD
>>
>>59622289
>I tend to believe that android is quite more secure.
then you're wrong
I'm not an Apple fanboy, in fact I fucking hate new iphones, but hacking a stolen android phone is trivial
>>
You have to give it back.
>>
>>59622289
When secured both are not so easy to get into. Android with USB debugging turned off and encryption is a bit harder to bypass but iOS with all that account integration is just annoying/
>>
Dudes i just bought a xiaomi note 3 instead of the iPhone se (same price here) and my brother goes berserk because all Chinese mobiles are filled with backdoors and spyware.
>>
>>59622289
in general, a standard iPhone is harder to unlock than a standard Android. But if the user puts some time into it and knows what he is doing, Android can be more secure.
>>
>>59623813
yes
>>
>>59622289
Apple has closed source everything and to crack my already jailbroken ipod touch I had to fucking read a master thesis on iOS forensics.. Not to mention iCloud that sticks even after factory / recovery resets.

Android must be easier or equally hard.
>>
>>59622467
Not rooted and my android phone is locked from being accessed 4 different ways. There's a pattern lock for the phone, pin lock for reset or restore, can't use the phone for the first time without logging into Google and Samsung account
>>
So in general if you don't mingle with roots/jailbreaks they seems secure correct?
Android wise since there is android security and vendor doesn't that means more secure?
>>
>>59622724
> all Chinese mobiles are filled with backdoors and spyware
I guess he shouldn't buy iPhones then.

Mostly made in China AND they even reserve the right to do what they do with the very extensive privacy invasion policy & more that you at least superficially agreed to.
>>
>>59622289
Apple: Need DFU and iTunes to reset
Android: Just use the recovery menu

Android is easier if your not trying to steal data and just want the phone
>>
>>59624977
> Android: Just use the recovery menu
You might still need a Google login to gain access to the phone after resetting - happened on my Chinese smartphone.

On a rooted & unlocked recovery you can circumvent it, but if the phone isn't yet unlocked & rooted then it may not be so easy.
>>
>>59625041
I've had several android phones I've found in places and every single one was able to be used again with a full reset trough the recovery menu
Maybe I just haven't got one that wanted a google account after the reset
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.