[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/ i need a little help Can i install Lineage OS (former

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lineage.jpg (16KB, 696x387px) Image search: [Google]
lineage.jpg
16KB, 696x387px
Hello /g/ i need a little help

Can i install Lineage OS (former Cyanogenmod) on my Huawei P9 Lite even if it's not on their list of supported devices?

Thanks for any help
>>
>>59620030
>it's not on their list of supported devices
You've answered your own question.
>>
You csn port it easily, there are a lot of guide on nternet
>>
>>59620152
So what exactly does that mean for me? Will i just encounter some issues down the line if it's not supported, or i won't be able to install that rom at all?

If there's no way of getting Lineage OS on Huawei, what other alternatives do i have?
Is there anything i can do to fix the performance? Because right now EMUI is absolutely horrible.
>>
>>59620513
I think if you try installing a rom from another phone it either won't install or it will corrupt the partitions and render it useless.

>Is there anything i can do to fix the performance?
Use a different launcher, disable any apps you don't need, maybe check if there are any roms for the phone on XDA but those are a mixed bag.
>>
>>59620513
Not supported means no download which means you can't install it. How dense are you?
>>
>>59620513
You have to port it which is a pain in the fucking ass. And it will never really work alright.

Because the core part - the most important - the drivers will be closed source. You will have to grab some buggy mess you find on the internet (someone who have and shared them), and put them in your build.
>>
>>59620513
>So what exactly does that mean for me?

It means that the Lineage team has no maintainer for the device, but unofficial builds might be available (I doubt it tho, Kirin devices are quite a pain to develop for)

>What other alternatives do i have?
You might be able to find some alternative ROMs or in the worst case some modded stock ROMs on the XDA section for your device (but again, don't get your hopes up)
>>
>>59620595
i already switched to Google Now launcher, and uninstalled some pre-installed apps, but still can't get rid of most bloatware. It did help a tiny bit, but it's still a shitty experience.

>>59620627
>in the worst case some modded stock ROMs
why do you say modded stock ROM is the worst case? I would love to have a stock android on my phone, or get as close to it as possible (used to have a nexus before this chink)

anyway thanks for all your help, i guess my quest for custom ROMs continues...
>>
>>59620772
Install a launcher that isn't botnet and stop apps from connecting to internet except the ones you need the internet for (browser, system, social media). Download AFWall+ for this. If you're not rooted use NetGuard from f-droid, and NOT google store because the new version has ads. You can also patch it up with a hosts file to block ads.
Enjoy a better android experience.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.