[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightweight Anti-Virus for WinShills? kek >lightweight >windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1485097869467.gif (2MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485097869467.gif
2MB, 600x450px
Lightweight Anti-Virus for WinShills?

kek
>lightweight
>windows
and
>Common Sense 2017 best antivirus

but is there a less heavy than say Kaspersky, Bitdefender etc.?
>>
unironically microsoft security essentials
>>
>>59619455
kaspersky on Minimum Performance.
>>
>>59619455

Common Sense 2017.

The GNU/Linux client is better, though
>>
>>59619455
Common Sense 2017: Learn How To Not Click Runnables You Don't Want To Have Control Over Your System-edition
>>
>>59619455
>but is there a less heavy than say Kaspersky, Bitdefender etc.?
>implying that both of those aren't the least heavy.

You want to see heavy, try Norton or Mcafee.
>>
>>59619455

Microsoft software is malware itself..
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

Install GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59619607

I can recommend the "Don't Hide File Extensions" add-on as well.

Did you know that the GNU/Linux version has "Make None Of The Files In Downloads Executable Because Why The Fuck Would I Want Incoming Files The Be Executable By Default"? Also very interesting.
>>
>>59619698
And get a bootable antivirus for when shit goes south. If your system is really fucked, you won't be able to run it from the desktop anyway and you'll need antivirus on a thumb drive.
>>
>>59619607
Actually you only need to download a rar and have a AV accesing it to scan to kill your computer
>>
>>59619788
>using anything other than CS2017 in the first place
Found your problem
>>
>>59619708
But gnu/Linux isn't an os..
>>
>>59619981

GNU/Linux pretty much is.

You can extent it as much as you like but the GNU tools and the Linux kernel make a pretty complete OS already.
>>
>>59619455
I have that Bionicle
>>
>>59619455
F-Secure.
>>
>>59619455
I was using avast for a while. It's alright. Not heavy on resources. But I figured out that its "Web Shield" was interfering with my browsing. (When I opened a new browser, the internet connection was cut-off for already running browsers.)
Also after the latest update the "Mail Shield" stopped my Thunderbird from receiving e-mails altogether.

So would not recommend.
>>
>>59619455
MSE and sandboxie.
>>
>>59619455
install gentoo
>>
>>59619470
This. With CommonSense 2017 you don't need anything more.
>>
Windows it self is malware.
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
>>
>>59619455
MSE if you want super-bare and only you use the PC and you're not an idiot

Otherwise:
Avira + BGPKiller or
Avast with custom install (nothing but AV)

Or if you have idiots on the computer:
Kaspersky
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.