[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About privacy in mobile OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 4chan.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
If you are concerned about your privacy, maybe you've researched about what offers you (and what they take from you) each mobile OS. As I'm no hacker and have no access to Apple's, Google's or Microsoft's servers, all I can do is read about what they say they do.

Google's would be the most invasive of the three. They provide a lot of services for free because their main business is to sell information to their advertisers
Apple's approach is to take as little information as they can (as they say), but some CIA backdoors and iCloud breaches have been shown in the news and wikileaks report.
Microsoft does not support encryption of the device and with all the spying stuff they installed with the express installation of windows 10, I have not read much more about them.
It's a shame that Mozilla OS is discontinued.

What are your thoughts about privacy in mobile OS?
>>
>>59615250
Use gentoo
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
how to root vivo v1 max
>>
>>59615250
It doesn't exist, it basically can't exist. If you want security on a mobile device step 1 is throwing the mobile device in the trash.
>>
>>59616709
this
>>
File: 1407265873691.jpg (56KB, 454x558px) Image search: [Google]
1407265873691.jpg
56KB, 454x558px
>>59616743
>the quality of posts is extremely important
>>
There is no security in mobile OS. Firstly the networks that the devices are built on are specifically designed to strip your security, for marketing and 'national security' reasons.
Secondly, the primary function of the device is to collect your information and fuck you with it. The more functionality they deliver to consumers, the more information they can leverage out of consumers by use of these functions. The maximal smartphone is wired straight into the brain and just sends a complete record of all your brain activity.

And thirdly, the code itself is written by the severely underpaid and is not written for security in mind.
The iPhone actually being an exception, where it's written by the severely underpaid but IS written with security in mind.
>>
>>59618060
Blackberry tried to be "secure". Maybe symbian too, but no one cared about it enough.
>>
>>59615250
Alphabet is a data mining company. They use Google, Android, Chrome and YouTube to collect data for statistics and then they use statistical inference for targeted advertisement. Facebook has a similar model but they use social networks for that.
>>
>>59618105

Instant FX Chat/Open Federated Chat is supposed to be secure but absolutely nothing can scurry away from the prying claw of the law
>>
>digital privacy
>21st century
Pick one and stop making these threads
>>
>>59615250
Start a petition for the renewal of Ubuntu Phone.
>>
>>59618276
I pick privacy.
>>
Buy a Nexus 6P and install Copperhead OS on it, otherwhise you won't archive a lot of privacy/security these days
>>
>>59615250
The only way you can have privacy on a mobile device is by either breaking it so that it no longer powers on, removing the battery, or not carrying a mobile device at all.

Every Microsoft product has been compromised for years now, since about the time of Vista. If you use Windows 7, 8, or 10 you are being spied on. I have no doubt about that.

Apple devices are just as bad. They are closed off blackboxes that have next to zero documentation. Everything we know about how they function comes from the iOS hacking community. Anyone who trusts these devices blindly because Apple promises something is a fucking idiot.

Android looks great on the surface. You unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM which gets rid of all Google spare and carrier crap. You should be safe then, right? Wrong. The boot ROM and first bootloader is still non-free and no one knows what they do. The biggest problem is poorly isolated (and closed source) cellular modems. Those pose a huge security risk because they could allow an attacker to remotely control your device. This has been shown to be possible in certain Samsung devices.

There are no safe phones. Buy something with a removable battery and be sure to remove said battery when the phone is not in use.
>>
File: tmp_17583-serveimage1501962491.jpg (20KB, 329x320px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17583-serveimage1501962491.jpg
20KB, 329x320px
>>59615250
> concerned about your privacy
> mobile OS
> smartphone
>>
>>59618105
Blackberry and BBM are backdoored by CSIS, Google it.
>>
>>59615250
>doesn't speak proper English
>Mozilla OS
>implying you can't use Android without Google services
>>
>>59618105
RIM allowed the Indian government access to emails and messages back in the day, makes you wonder what wont they have done for bigger players when they were going down the WC.
You can't trust leafs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.