[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Java Programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: HQpVox5.png (210KB, 1464x1100px) Image search: [Google]
HQpVox5.png
210KB, 1464x1100px
What do you think of Java Programming /g i want to become a Java developer , would like to start my career being a java dev
what other options should i look into
>>
>>59615079
maybe try banging your head against rocks for a while, and give up on hope of ever being an individual or notable person. really go for a deep dive, mentally, on what it would like to be an ant in a colony, a meaningless part of a larger superorganism that's consciousness is a matter of philosophical debate

then spend a few years learning java and get a job writing enterprise software in a massive corporation
>>
>>59615079
https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

As Java is the most popular language to code in, You are sure to get a job in it.
Java, C# - big, scalable projects
Python(Django), Ruby(Ruby on Rails), PHP (Symfony 2, LaRavel) - smaller projects

Take one or two of them. But to be great developer You'll need to take a grasp and make one or two simple projects in most of them.
To find differences and have ability to argue why one is better than other for specific solution.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (1KB, 50x50px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
1KB, 50x50px
>/g
>start my career
>java dev
>osx screenshot
>>
>>59615079
>what other options should i look into

As you many options as you can. Employers like flexible people.
>>
Start small

Download the source code for something like limewire and play around with it
>>
>>59615119
That's fairly accurate; however, if you are good at what you do and earn a lead position you can eventually make your way into a meaningful and creative role. The odds of it happening aren't good, but then again the average developer in most settings is doing drone-like work on things he didn't spec.

The only true escape from that is not a language, but a lifestyle. Freelancing and self-employment; however, are extremely hit or miss and make life the kind of "excitement," that a lot of people don't want.

I work 3-4 days a week in my corporate job and fill in with contracts at home. I've been meaning to quit since I have enough connections to make the latter a full-time gig, but it's scary as shit to think of being the only one in charge of getting myself paid with four kids and a mortgage.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.