[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux wont be relevant in 5 years anymore. Aww, you dont like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Linux wont be relevant in 5 years anymore.

Aww, you dont like?

Guess what: Microsoft will embrace and extinguish Linux.
Open source is great, isnt it? Hahahaha suckers!
Microsoft literally makes Linux an app. It will run from the microsoft appstore just like candycrush.

Let's take a moment to look at the pie in the sky. Let's assume, just for argument's sake that Linux will somehow manage to gain up on Microsoft's marketshare.
The second that happens in a noticeable manner, Microsoft can always just make their serverside free, open source their OS or do any number of things to immediately make Linux dead.

So not even in a theoretical scenario can Linux ever succeed.
>>
yeah well that's just your opinion
>>
>>59611226
Microsoft and GNU/Linux are not even direct competitors though. This in my mind is more a publicly stunt to get younger people who think Linux is cool back on to microsofts side and also steal some developers if they can. My two cents
>>
File: provemewrong.png (364KB, 702x877px) Image search: [Google]
provemewrong.png
364KB, 702x877px
>>59611226
Nice blog anon, where do i subscribe?
>>
>>59611226
>Implying VMs don't exist and people can't just run a Linux VM from their windows machine already
>Implying I'd want to use Linux if I can just get a Windows distro customized to my needs without spying or ridiculous reliance on legacy software like IE
>>
>>59611226
>>59611271

To add also that GNU/Linux isn't a buisiness maybe some forks are paid for but in large it depends on the community rather than a paid workforce
>>
Desktops in general won't be relevant outside of business/school in 5 years
>>
>>59611226
Microsoft is the world's second biggest IaS provider in the world with Azure.

They make more money out of Linux than RedHat.
>>
>>59611226
i see you are out of autism pills
>>
>>59611226
0.5 rupees have been deposited in your Microsoft™ account Rajeesh.
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>59611284
>he believes in being able to disable telemetry on windows

Oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>59611305
Perhaps but business is huge, as is education. Might as well say all bad weather outside of hurricanes and tornados won't be relevant soon.
>>
>>59611226
>implying it's relevant now
>>
>>59611226
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you are calling Linux is actually. ...
>>
>>59611226
Microsoft is very wise to look into linux. I've been running windows in a vm for a long time. That makes windows a kind of app. A wrapper around the app I want to use.

I think microsoft would have less work to do if they built there system on an encrypted linux. Windows would then sit on it and run virtually but with an easy interface. There would be possibilty of several windows windows machines running at ounce and batching of jobs in applications.

The only downside is then the linux kernal would be more on the target list for exploit with widespread adoption. It would also further reward the ignorant (not saying all are ignorant) windows user with better security and make a much stronger idiot.
>>
File: 1437616526625.jpg (126KB, 666x728px) Image search: [Google]
1437616526625.jpg
126KB, 666x728px
Windows 10 is a fucking abortion and every single thing that has been done on open source that Microsoft try to embrace they end up fucking up, look at their virtual desktop solution for fucks sake, what a fuck up that is.
And how about having a working media playback package. For a company as large as Microsoft to fuck up so many brilliant ideas you really have to wonder how many crayons the executives have shoved up their noses.
At this point if you told me that Microsoft's mission statement was
>To do absolutely nothing of worth after 2010
I'd believe you
>Pic related is OPajeet
>>
>>59611226
>companies will make a major, unnecessary migration within 5 years
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.