[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the blackberry playbook safe from the CIA niggers? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: BlackBerry_PlayBook.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BlackBerry_PlayBook.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
Is the blackberry playbook safe from the CIA niggers? I think it's a pretty /g/ tablet. Since "muh apps" is more of a reddit meme.
>>
>>59610775
Build the tablet urself from transistors and LEDs u CIA nigger shill.
>>
>>59610775
doubt it is, if anything its probably less safe than BB10 devices
it's slow, app selection is shit, web browser is shit by today's standards, struggles to do even basic tasks (video playing, ftp, irc) and has weird power issues where they randomly decide to never charge again.

My workplace made the mistake of buying a bunch and what a waste they were. Some we had to return 3 times just until we'd get one that worked right. Even after they pulled them they couldn't even give them away to employees. I had a 64GB one for a while but trashed it after a while, it's where it belongs.

imo webos was the superior alternative OS. Better apps at the time, better multitasking, chroot into linux installs, not to mention could run android if you really wanted.
>>
The only thing that abomination is good for is security through obscurity
>>
I heard it's a pretty good tablet if you've got a BB10OS BlackBerry to go along with it. If you care about CIA niggers though then you probably don't have a cellphone.
>>
File: 1485922530818.jpg (65KB, 361x440px) Image search: [Google]
1485922530818.jpg
65KB, 361x440px
>>59610775
>Is the blackberry playbook safe from the CIA niggers?
No. It runs proprietary software and the source code is not offered to the general public for review. It should not be trusted to hold any important files. If you buy one, physically disable the mics and cameras and never treat it as more than a toy.
>>
>>59612076
how many source codes have you reviewed for privacy?
>>
I owned one of those. It sucks at literally everything. I kid you not, and because it is unmantained, all of its available apps are unmantained as well, and it just lacks 99% of what's available for android/iOS.
Now I know you said "muh apps are a maymay" but if not for applications, what the hell would you use a tablet for?
That tablet is literally garbage, and no, it's not a misuse of the word "literally", it really is.
>>
>>59612100
Watch video, listen to music, browse the web
>>
>>59612084
Quite a few. I've reviewed a lot of pieces of systemd as well as the init system of Devuan and a few BSDs, since it's part of my job. The company that I work for depends heavily on GNU/Linux for stability, security, and flexibility.
>>
>>59612161
>LARPing this hard
>>
File: pb.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pb.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
I can't even whitelist them now. Never bothered and now its too late. I have 2 others somewhere in the house. They are only good now for 4chan and reddit browsing, it cant handle more bloated sites cuz this came out in like 2011.
>>
File: froggie.gif (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
froggie.gif
45KB, 499x499px
>>59614083
Just because you still live with mommy doesn't mean that everyone else on this board does.
>>
>>59614211
>still LARPing this hard
>>
>>59612076
Shut up Stallman go back to you're basement
>>
>>59612100
>"maymay"
kill yourself
>>
>>59612076
>never treat it as more than a toy
like you can use tablets for anything else...
>>
>>59616828
xD
https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewstibbe/2013/05/03/american-airlines-pilots-lose-40lb-with-apple-ipad-electronic-flight-bag/
>>
I have a second gen Kindle Fire that was given to me as a gift, it's one of those $50 ones that Amazon always sells with ads built-in. You're greeted with ads on the lockscreen whenever you boot it up and Amazon's appstore is completely fucking dogshit with most apps being ad-ridden moneymaking schemes.

However, shortly after getting it, I rooted the device and put a vanilla build of Cyanogenmod on it. No more Amazon or Google services on it. I strictly use F-Droid to acquire apps. Nobody on my tablet has ads and it's so snappy to use due to no bloat on it of any kind. I love it. I watch streams on it, I draw, I read comic books, listen to music, and occasionally do light webbrowsing on it.

I really want to upgrade to a better tablet though, I want one with stereo speakers. This thing only has one mono speaker on the side.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.