[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

technology ethics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: anon finds a laptop.jpg (71KB, 293x288px) Image search: [Google]
anon finds a laptop.jpg
71KB, 293x288px
>help friend move
>people who moved out left lots of junk
>among it an old laptop i assume is broken
>hdd is full of photos

what are the ethics and shit regarding this?
Please share your stories and thoughts

pic related; me looking through "Andrea - Riga 2009"
>>
If there's nothing interesting, the ethics are to wipe it.

If there are nudes or weird shit, fuck ethics post 'em
>>
>>59610544
halfway through 2010 now, all i've got so far is a pic of her mom in the bathtub and hundreds of selfies
>>
>>59610501
>ethics
If someone found your laptop what would you expect them to do with it? A lot of people might be more keen to look for hidden cp or some thing else juicy but not necessarily their business to get their hands on.

I would see if the owner would want it back, because if it were me I'd want my shit back. But most people would at least peak to see what kind of depraved shit might be on it so it's up to you in the end. Do you believe in karma or no, because then "do what you would do unto others and don't do onto others what you would not want done upon yourself" or some shit.
>>
>>59610754
I'd expect them to give up due to encryption, but i see your point.
Seeing how she willingly left it in a literal pile of junk i'm not gonna go through the effort of giving it back.

Might just store the HDD someplace and start a collection.
>>
there are no "ethics" to be explored. just don't be an asshole
>>
>>59610501
If it's boring shit, wipe it. If there's cp, report it. If there's weird but legal shit, post it nibba
>>
I just found a .txt named "passwords"...
Paypal, ebay, google, myspace, you name it.
It's all the same password or a tiny variation too
>>
IT prerogative is to delete it, but you're not exactly doing a job. Still ethically you should delete it but it is up to you
>>
>>59611056
>I just found a .txt named "passwords"...
>Paypal, ebay, google, myspace, you name it.
>It's all the same password or a tiny variation too
It's more secure than what most people do. By the way all those big services like Google will probably trigger alarms if you try to login
>>
>>59611056
update:
Trying to send 20 000 to myself from paypal cause my friend bragged earlier about it and I need it to pay my drug debt plus buy a new car. will report success.
>>
>>59611232
went through. Thanks /g/, Im 20 000$ richer thanks to you
>>
good luck anon!
>>
>>59611285
Woah thats ebic dude haha!
>>
>>59610501
>"Andrea - Riga 2009"
give it back, Giancarlo
>>
You are basically google now
Time to prove how much you hate the botnet by not invading that persona privacy
>>
>>59610501
>Riga
Get out of my city
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>59610746
God damn I hate selfies. How can so many people be so fucking self-obsessed?

Post all that shit for fun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.