[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web Development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Cszs-dhWAAA16kL.jpg (199KB, 675x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cszs-dhWAAA16kL.jpg
199KB, 675x800px
Why is Web Development considered "shit-tire" here around you weebs? its literally the best way to get rich without much hassle.

A friend of mine is a Web Developer and he started a business to create web pages for 450 Dollars.

Domain and web hosting is included (he puts all websites into one VPS, im not sure how that works but nvm). He simply uses wordpress themes and thats it.

400 Dollars earned for 1 hour worth of work. He also get a shitload of costumers who just say "I want a website".

Why again is "Web Development" bad, dear /g/??
>>
I think part of it has to do with the obnoxious SJW "affirmative action" agenda that has become common in the "web dev" community and runs counterpoint to the archetypal personality that is drawn to computers or gaming. take gamergate for example.
>>
>>59609980
How does he find customers?
>>
>>59610144
Facebook page and SEO which puts his website on the top results on google.
>>
>>59609980
>He simply uses wordpress themes

Isn't this against their Terms and Service?
>>
>>59609980
Anything that is popular is shitty according to 4chan.

Web Dev is very popular, and a lot of people, who are not necessarily knowledgable, can do it. They hate that, that their little world is not so special anymore. So they stick to obscure tech.
>>
>>59609980
>you can be a talentless hack and be a webdev
>why don't you like webdevs???
Nothing wrong with making easy money, but you can only talk about conning the elderly for so long.
>>
>>59609980
I find the front end stuff repetitive and boring and while the back end can be mildly interesting it too, in my very limited experience, usually devolves into making an interface that handles the connection of the underlying database and the front end. I'm sure modern webdev is so much more with all the data aggregation and what not, but I just don't feel like it is what I want to do. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I loathe the idea of native applications moving into the web.

I also don't consider getting rich a very important goal, but I'm sure I'm in the minority in that regard.
>>
what's happening with Drupal?
>>
After living and breathing the LAMP stack at a webhost support job for a year, I've considered quitting. Taking my VPS and Reseller account and handling 50 users each could be a solid source of income when you get alot of business websites and offer things like SSL (lets encrypt docker service), managed hosting, and domain services.

PHP developers make bank, and after learning PHP I gotta say, its god damn useful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.