[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>current year >not using DNScrypt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Dnsleak.jpg (42KB, 475x284px) Image search: [Google]
Dnsleak.jpg
42KB, 475x284px
>current year
>not using DNScrypt
>>
>>59607770
You ISP can track everything you do, this is the nature of the internet.
>>
>>59607793
No, that isn't the nature of the internet if you use proper encrypted protocols, dumbass.
>>
>>59607793
DNScrypt isn't meant to protect against tracking, it's meant to provide security. It's like HTTPS but for DNS.
>>
>>59607825
And the messages are still in plaintext with DNScrypt. Who's the dumbass?
>>
Once again the CIA Niggers win.

The uberhyped DNS leak meme has been applied out of contest on many shitposts netwide.

WELL DONE CIA NIGGER
>>
File: shark.png (60KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
shark.png
60KB, 398x409px
>>59607976
>encrypted
>in plaintext
okay. I am lost now.
Also, not the guy you were replying to.
>>
>>59607951
So it's only good against people on your network?

In anycase, I use OpenNIC so I don't need to make a faggy ass DNS account and have it be tracked.
>>
>>59608489
It's end-to-end protection between dns server and you, preventing anyone in between impersonating the server. Several OpenNIC servers enable dnscrypt
>>
>>59607976
No, they arn't. At least from client to DNScrypt server.
>>
File: pihole.png (27KB, 504x464px) Image search: [Google]
pihole.png
27KB, 504x464px
But i do, and so does everyone on my network.
>>
>>59608710
So while it may prevent spoofing, it doesn't provide privacy. So anyone that could intercept your traffic would see what domain names are being rquested.
>>
>>59609505
No. It works the same way http and https does.
Due to the nature of udp and tcp it obviously will prevent spoofing, since it uses a tcp connection instead of the classic udp one.
>>
why doesn't it just werk?
apt-get install dnscrypt

why do I actually have to set shit up?

what DNS should I use?
I'm going to just set dnscrypt up on my pihole cuz it's fucking easier to do than it is on debian
>>
>>59609781
you probably didn't set up your dns, which should be loopback
>>
>>59609809
what?
I haven't done shit. my pi hole works fine though
>>
>>59609859
i was saying in case you installed it on your local pc you'd have to configure the network settings so it asks 127.0.0.1 instead of 8.8.8.8 or whatever you have currently
>>
>>59609909
I've used 8.8.8.8 a few years ago but it interefered with some piracy sites, cannot recommend.
>>
>2011
>not memorizing ip addresses
>shiggy diggy doo
>>
>Not running your own DNS and pulling DNS records from a logless site through a VPN or TOR.

Are you even trying?
>>
>>59610082
How do you do that?
>>
File: .png (211KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
.png
211KB, 1366x768px
>>59607770
But anon, I am
>>
It increased load times slightly so I'm back to plain Unbound DNS
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.