[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KDE can't into clipboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: KDE.sh.png (30KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
KDE.sh.png
30KB, 650x650px
>copy something from program
>close program
>now you can't paste copied content from program :^)
>have to open the clipboard, edit the copied content, select all of it, then copy it
>now you can paste it
just werks™
>>
openSUSE tumbleweed here
what you said is untrue
>>
openSUSE tumbleweed here
what you said is true
>>
manjaro kde here, works with me too
>>
>>59603786
i got that on gnome ubuntu and xubuntu too...
>>
>>59603786
Nice b8 m8 r8 it 8/8
>>
Apple mac os here
Do you have penis for me to suck?
>>
>>59603834
Try with CTRL+C and CTRL+V.
>>
File: you're wrong.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you're wrong.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59603786
stop spreading fud

>>59603886
that's an issue with Gtk based DEs and programs. I'm not 100% sure but I think a Qt based DE like KDE fixes that issue because of how they handle the clipboard
>>
>>59603960
>using kwrite
>not kate
>>
>>59603786
PEBKAC
>>
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=219868
>it's a feature not a bug
>>
>>59604018
>year old forum post

how about finding a relevant thread. KDE has had plenty of updates since then.
>>
>>59603786
0/10 bait made my try and made me reply
>>
>>59603786
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>59603984
oh snap. I didn't now kate existed. I was using geany before but now I can ditch that gtk cancer and use pure holy Qt
>>
>>59603834
Also Tumbleweed here, OP is right. At least with the default KDE 5 Plasma desktop I just installed a week ago.
KDE4 and earlier always came with a clipboard manager that persists the contents of selections.
GTK applications have some weird shared memory clipboard that only breaks once you exit the last of them.
>>
>>59604289
>KDE4 and earlier always came with a clipboard manager that persists the contents of selections
KDE 5 still has this and it's enabled on any fresh KDE install I made.
>>
File: 1484554823294.png (171KB, 664x945px) Image search: [Google]
1484554823294.png
171KB, 664x945px
>>59603786

KDE on Arch. Wrong.
>>
>obscure problems that even vary within distros
Sounds like loonix to me.
>>
>>59603786
tested on gentoo, synced, not true.
btw anyone else use clipboard actions?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.