[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Across the board PC market price hike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: weredoomed.png (62KB, 648x481px) Image search: [Google]
weredoomed.png
62KB, 648x481px
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170322PD207.html

http://www.thebitbag.com/supply-chain-warns-consumers-pc-price-hike-2017/231676

http://www.crn.com/news/storage/300084307/channel-partners-struggling-with-crippling-ssd-shortage-see-little-chance-of-relief-in-2017.htm

https://www.dvhardware.net/article66250.html

http://www.crn.com/news/data-center/300084309/intel-warns-partners-expect-tight-ssd-supply-through-2017-with-shipment-priority-on-data-center-ssds.htm
>>
File: LeHappyMerchant.gif (12KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
LeHappyMerchant.gif
12KB, 501x504px
>>59599103
>>
Also this one posted days ago

>Samsung, Hynix, and Micron, which TrendForce reports have "opted for co-existence as the best way to maximize their own profitability." They are, therefore, "turning away from aggressively competing for market share through price reduction and capacity expansion."

https://www.techpowerup.com/231768/pc-dram-pricing-increased-20-sep-oct-2016-will-continue-rising-in-2017-trendforce
>>
File: 1462902809855.jpg (195KB, 791x568px) Image search: [Google]
1462902809855.jpg
195KB, 791x568px
>>59599116
>>
demand has grown continually for the last several years, but now is the time for price increases? They barely spiked drives when fucking thailand got rekt so I'm having trouble seeing how they have decided to do it now.

What this really smells of is fucking collusion between manufacturers to increase their profit margins.
>>
>>59599203
The prices increasing due to factory fuck-ups I can almost understand, but this collusion bullshit with DRAM and NAND makers is fucking despicable and I bet someone can make a case for anti-trust law to be appiled
>>
File: 1485265679078.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1485265679078.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>59599103
Will this stop the pajeets from getting into technology?
>>
what a time to keep my 2690v3 until it melts
>>
>>59599252
If anything this will make pajeets make websites that don't need 8gb of ram to fucking render since they can't afford it
>>
>>59599103
as long as hdds and psus dont go up in price, i don't give a shit
>>
>>59599340
HDDs already went up in price.
Its time for RAM and SSDs prices to go up because companies are fixing prices now.
>>
>>59599116
>opted for collusion, no competition
Imagine my surprise when I learned that companies guilty of price-fixing are still price-fixing.
>>
>>59599116
>when companies can literally release public statements that they are doing price-fixing and colluding to keep competitors out of the market and nothing happens

fuck
>>
>>59599400
>Its time for RAM and SSDs prices to go up because companies are fixing prices now

You mean they fucking were NOT fixing in the last year or so when RAM almost nearly doubled and SSDs got expensive again?
>>
Guess I'll just OC my 8320 to 5ghz.
>>
>>59599503
Atleast you have a nice heater that can render marginally better than an 3rd gen i5
>>
>pc-market still declining despite new CPU-launches
>Hey, let's fix prices!
laff

I guess they couldn't burn down another factory without people finally noticing.
>>
File: just laugh it off bro.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
just laugh it off bro.webm
2MB, 480x360px
can everyone fuck off about the SSD meme?

seriously, you can live without paying for extremely overpriced storage space.
>>
>>59599579
You can live without any computer too.
>>
>>59599579
There is no need for you to live, either. So please fuck off.
>>
>>59599116

>We are now at the point where companies can freely admit to collusion and price fixing and nothing will come of it.
>>
>>59599579
This is that new spinoff of harvest moon isn't it?
>>
>>59599460

Last year RAM prices soared because all 3 major producers, Samsung, Hynix and Micron all opened massive production contracts with mobile phone makers and ended up allocating the majority of their production capacity to phone memory contracts. Less actual desktop DRAM coming off the line = higher prices.

Now they're just price fixing.
>>
>>59601227
are they really abandoning the consumer PC market now for the sake of mobile?
>>
>demand is dying so we're losing cash
>lets make things more expensiv xddd
i hope they make phones that are strong and open enough so i can switch totally
>>
>>59601244

Yes, the consumer desktop (and even laptop) markets are shrinking at lightning speed while mobile is STILL continuing to grow. More and more people are joining the "buy the new flagship model every year" market segment and profits have no stop in sight.

Won't be long before you're paying minimum $500 per part for a desktop as the only market that will still be using them are workstations for film/game/software production.
>>
>>59601266
like I mentioned not so few days ago, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the low-end GPUs will start at $500
>>
ESL, what does "hike" mean in this context?
>>
We absolutely deserve it. Since most of the citizens of this country and the current government considers any kind of regulation on business to be UN-AMERICAN ISLAMIC COMMUNISM then we totally deserve to have our wallets fucked every which way from Sunday.

The Jews won. If you don't plan to vote for someone who will actually change shit then stop complaining.
>>
>>59601285

In a few years there won't be a low-end GPU market. APUs and iGPUs will do it.
>>
>>59601373

Except the guy who actually ran on change managed to change very little.
>>
>>59601489
Two factors:
1.) He was a moderate leftist who knew pushing for any kind of extreme regulatory reform and major reductions to the rights of businesses would be political suicide.
2.) Any attempts made at even the most benign forms of regulation were slapped down by congress almost immediately.
>>
>>59601306
an increase in price.
>>
>>59601557

1) He had a super majority congress, a veritable rubber stamp by the American people to fix this shit hole of a country and still let the republicans roll him for tax cut extensions. He would do this many times through out his Presidency. He was also President of the Mother Fucking United Mother Fucking States. "Political Suicide" is non-existent. He has no more political aspirations.

2) That he allowed the right to sweep congress because of his aforementioned capitulating. Who then promptly redrew districts that were approved by the previous administrations judicial appointments. And have given us nearly ten years of deep anal pounding in the mid-terms.

Voting for change doesn't do shit.
>>
>>59599252
>>59599282

nah, pajeets are buying more and more cheap smartphones, and in that way fucking up supply chain for the rest us.
earth is overcrowded
remember when cashews or chocolate was cheap? well no more
that also goes for nand fabrication
when i type "X smartphone price" in jewgle/ncr it gives me results in RUPEES
FUCKING RUPEES I TELL YOU
pajeets are in games, in movies, in tech companies, in web searches, shitting on a street, in you taxi behind the wheel.
I live in latvia, we are 95% white, and yet every day i see 2-3 indian monkeys in public
we are doomed
>>
>>59601714
but in general, I think ALL phoneposters fucking jacked up the DRAM prices
>>
>>59601825
true, true
but developed world sales have slowed somewhat, due to the fact that every grandma and her dog owns a smartphone now
anyway we are somewhat fucked, too bad old components cannot be easily repurposed into new tech
>>
>>59601896
>repurposed
reused
>>
>intel is planning to release upgraded Kaby Lake processors in the third quarter

10nm Cannon Lake being vapourware is confirmed
>>
>>59599103
Price hike... more like price kike.
>>
Year of AMD.
>>
>>59601478
People have said this ever since APUs became a thing.

They still can't even do 720p 30fps in demanding games, while higher resolutions are becoming more common.
>>
>>59602572
>They still can't even do 720p 30fps in demanding games, while higher resolutions are becoming more common.

They do 1080p60 in dota and lol though, so that's enough for half of steam's userbase.
>>
So how much are the prices going to go up?

Like 10-20% more?
>>
>>59602572
Blame archaic apis
>>
>>59603693
Yeah, for the laptop, price increase is confirmed 15% more
>>
>>59599203
>"Nobody buy desktops anymore!"

>demand has grown continually for the last several years

?
>>
>>59603769
Fanfuckingtastic.

Can't wait to pay 150 dollars for a low end i3.
>>
>>59601569
It's usually used when talking about a significant increase too.
>>
>>59602572

Every APU since Trinity launched could play every new game at the time of it's launch in 720@30-40fps.

https://youtu.be/gSBG8NYw5AY

If that's not entry level GPU performance to you what is?
>>
>>59599458
This wtf. Price fixing has been a thing for a while. The news is they're saying it out loud.
>>
File: Capture.png (162KB, 450x844px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
162KB, 450x844px
>>59601620
>1) He had a super majority congress,
He didn't.

Even if the congressmen followed the word of the president (they often do not) the dems still didn't have the numbers in the senate. Even when you factor in the two independents who caucused with them they still didn't have 60 votes to override a filibuster. Plus one of the independents who caucused with the dems (Joe Lieberman) threatened to filibuster the healthcare reform bill himself.
>>
>>59599103
>2017
>buying new hardware
Gamers fuck off.
>>
>>59604449
Your politicians all look the same. Couldn't pick those two out of a lineup.
>>
>>59604605
A lot of our own citizens couldn't tell you who they are either desu.
>>
>>59603936
AMD can make an APU in the PS4 Pro and is making the Xbone Scorpio yet their highest end APU can't even reach vanilla PS4 levels. I'm not sure if AMD is actively holding back laptop/desktop APU's so they can continue with their console deals or what, but APU's are shit compared to any dGPU. The only good one was Intel's Iris Pro which they're axing.
>>
Oh well, guess i'll wait another 5 years to upgrade my pc
>>
>>59603936
That seems to be an oem part, I didnt even know it existed.

Neither intels best, 7700k(hd 630) nor amds best avalible 7890K can run witcher 3 at above 30fps. Granted the amd APUs run games better than intel, but the cpus are total ass, and thus not very common.

Now you can say tw3 is an unoptimized game, but it looks good and is quite successful.

Sure, entry level is vague but that's actually sub (non-pro) console level. Consoles are at least 900p30, and that's with better upscaling. The standard smallest resolution is now 1080p for desktops and 720p looks pretty bad on those.

I'd say entry level is something like playing most games at 1080p60 and the most demanding games (like witcher 3) at 1080p30, because that's where it's actually worth getting. It's simply not worth cheaping out and getting a amd apu when a system that actually plays games well(and does everything else better) is just a little bit more.
>>
>>59599116
Ayyyooooo the free market at work :^)
>>
>prices go up just in time to gouge the retards going to back to school

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>59605139
nice meme bro
>>
>>59605156
nice shitpost retard
>>
>>59605171
>i can't comprehend this graph
>>
Why have RAM prices risen so fucking much?
>>
>>59606482
See
>>59601227
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.