[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Offline Wallet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: opengraph.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
opengraph.png
14KB, 500x500px
I want to create an offline bitcoin wallet.

Already got a 320gb USB hard-disk.

So, now the question is, which system to install (and not vulnerable to vault 7 attacks)?
Ubuntu?

What program to use as wallet?
>>
Bump for an answer
>>
electrum
>>
>>59595190
Temple OS is the only OS not vulnerable to "vault 7 attacks"
>>
>offline
>not just writing down the actual bitcoin numbers in a notebook
good luck, bucko, anything can be hacked
>>
>>59595190
you shouldnt bundle a os with a wallet.
if you really install anything on it, it is only a matter of time until a exploit is found for it.

if you want to backup a wallet store a encrypted copy of it or create and print a paper wallet.
>>
>>59595190
You need like 4 Kilobyte
>>
File: 1486733541591.png (375KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1486733541591.png
375KB, 375x523px
>>59595393
This
Terry knows what he is doing. Those CIA niggers don't stand a chance!
>>
File: bdGQ9.gif (122KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bdGQ9.gif
122KB, 500x281px
>>59595190
>320gb USB hard disk
You want to store your wallet, or the entire blockchain?
>>
I use this site to generate a wallet (it has a github so you can download the site and use it offline) which generates them based on mouse movements.

Put it on a flash drive with Tails and print that shit out without a network connection.

Don't remember the site and don't currently have access to the flash drive to check so don't ask.
>>
>>59596443
I guess for you, OP, the printing part (cold storage) isn't relevant and you can just store the wallets on the drive.
>>
If you're very wealthy and or paranoid,
you could do a 2-of-3 multisig wallet.
These wallets have 3 keys of which you need any 2 to access the funds.

A single private key is worthless.

Store copies of the keys these in various places, but keep only 1 at home.
Like 1 at home.
1 at the bank.
1 at your parents' house.

That way a burglar can't force you to turn over your Bitcoins at gunpoint and neither the bank nor your parents can easily steal your money.
>>
Somewhat related issue.

I thought one of the pros of using Bitcoin was anonymous transactions, so what's the point if exchange websites require ID verification in order for you to deposit Bitcoins in your Bitcoin wallet?
>>
>USB hard-disk

I think you mean Universal ZIP donglette.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.