[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTX 660 Crash Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: azaazaz.jpg (48KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
azaazaz.jpg
48KB, 700x466px
I bought an used card to wait for VEGA since I bought a freesync 4k screen that's not supported by my hd6870.
The card works well during msi kombustor stresstests, wont go over 52°C.
However, any game I launch makes the whole computer crash. So far I tested Crysis 3, CSGO and BF3. The system wont crash instantly, it's randomly minutes after the game starts. I already updated the drivers to the latest version. Uninstalled and reinstalled again. Used DDU to clean the old AMD drivers. What do now ? Also can't seem to find anything on the event log. when the system crash, EVERYTHING crashes. Have to manually press the restart button on the case to go forward.
>>
Now I even tried a downgraded driver, still the same crashes..
>>
bait would be better if you didn't jump right to "yeah my gt660 can't into 4k battlefield and crysis"
>>
>>59589181
Why wouldnt it run 4k ? Before the crash occurs it's around 25fps on crysis 3 (low settings), 35 on BF3 low settings and 60 on csgo avg settings, and like I said the card doesnt overheat at all, never went past 52°C
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE
>>
>>59589181
Not everybody on the Internet is out to epic trole xD you, mate.
>>
>>59587962
If your card is from Asus try to install MSI afterburner and turn on the option force constant voltage.
>>
>>59589181
>>59589227
Still OP here
You seem to be right about something though, when I run crysis 3 in full HD, the game doesnt crash. But why would I crash in 4k when it's not crashing in 4k msi kombustor stresstests ?
>>
>>59589391
It's this card http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique/msi-geforce-gtx-660-twin-frozr-3-oc-2-go-81673.html
>>
>>59589415
nvidia and amd drivers detect when furmark is running and throttle clocks
>>
>>59591477

mmmh..makes sense but I still don't know what do
>>
>>59593042
What PSU do you have? Try lowering GPU clock and adjusting power target in msi afterburner
>>
>>59593327
Corsair RM850i bought it in replacement of an older one I put on an alt computer. Overkill for now but in prevision of my new build (probably R5 1600x + VEGA, since I play on 4k the extra FPS provided by kabylake wont even show)
>>
>>59593327
Gonna try 110% power limit
>>
>>59593327
Okey so with 110% powerlimit only the system crashes when the card reaches 60°C. Tried the same powerlimit with manual fan speed (75°C); the card stayed around 50°C and no crash occured. Seems bound to temps, maybe the sensors are faulty and 60°C are actually 90°C. would be weird though I just changed the thermal paste (I know how to apply that)
>>
>>59594374
manual fan speed (75%*)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.