[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok 4chin what came first the compiler or the language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: iu.jpg (61KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
61KB, 601x600px
ok 4chin what came first the compiler or the language
>>
>>59585541
Assembly is interpreted.
>>
>>59585557
and in regards to languages above assembely? is a spec drafted first and then compiled? surely a compiler is changed alongside the spec during testing
>>
>>59585541
Language, how else would you know what your compiler is supposed to compile?
>>
>>59585541
The language. First compilers were supposed to be humans, not programmers.
>>
>>59585557
Bullshit. You're not allowed to post in this thread any more.
>>
>>59586416
>programmers are inhuman
>>
The assembler
>>
>>59587938
Real shit here, couldn't assembly be interpreted? It's a one to one (or close to) representation of machine code. I understand that it can be compiled, but so can PHP; why can't assembly be interpreted?
>>
The grammar of the language...
>>
>>59588067
Holy shit is that THE Jordan? Used to drive a shitty pickup?
>>
>>59588360
The real Jordan is me yes
>>
>>59588694
God damn. We used to hang out in #/g/tv back in its heyday (2009?). I went by person, although I don't expect you to remember me. Glad to see you're still around.
>>
>>59585541
>ok 4chin what came first the compiler or the language
that ambiguous
do assemblers count as compilers?
does machine code count as a language?
>>
>>59589191
I will always remember you, person. You had a chat with me once that stopped me from running away and becoming homeless.

You made a legitimate positive difference in my life.
>>
>>59589643
Kill yourself
>>
>>59588054
of course it can- anything can. it's just stupid to translate a final form to itself
>>
File: Screenshot_20170326-122329.png (250KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170326-122329.png
250KB, 1080x1920px
>>59589695
Why would I kill myself? Here's my reasoning on why I wouldn't: If I live, there's always a chance of having good feels. If I die there is zero chance of having good feels. Easy choice to not kill self
>>
>>59588054
>couldn't assembly be interpreted?
Theoretically, but why?

>I understand that it can be compiled
No, you need to understand that it's assembled.

>why can't assembly be interpreted?
Interpreted by what into what?
>>
>>59589643
Wow. It really is you.

Jordan, I always liked you and looked up to you. You were so damn smart and cool in my eyes. This sounds cheesy, but you were the cool big brother I never had. You were a role model to me. Always know that you made a positive impact on my life as well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.