[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my setup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: vpn.png (51KB, 1441x1440px) Image search: [Google]
vpn.png
51KB, 1441x1440px
After lots of thinking I believe I do have figured out a fully anonymous (or let us say 99.99% anonymous) setup in theory. I want to know your input on why this WILL NOT work.

Why won't you just get 2 different world renowned VPN services that claim they don't log clients by paying them with mailed cash or Monero (since Bitcoin can be traced even when using tumblers).

1. You setup VPN1 service on your main machine. Of course with additional program to prevent internet flow in case of disconnect and the stop DNS leaks feature enabled.

2. You setup a virtual machine with a secure OS on your main machine.

3. You setup the second VPN2 on this virtual machine. Use this virtual machine to browse anonymously.

Of course all the machines, OS and drives are encrypted with strong passwords as well as use secure browsers.

You can hide the virtual drives using steganography if you wish.

From what I see, even if VPN2 on virtual machine turns out to be a honeypot or keeps and gives out logs they will still only detect the IP from the first machine. For this not to work both VPNs have to be honeypots with log keeping policy.

Theoretically you can add a third VPN, but the network speed might really suffer from this.

Questions:

1) What are flaws in this setup?

2) How would you improve this setup?
>>
>>59583961
All of the public VPN services are secretly monitored by NSA, and even if not, it is still vulnerable to timing attacks, just use TOR.
>>
>>59584304
Tor is ALSO monitored by the NSA, CIA, and FBI... What good dose that do? It's still a fuccton of agencies collectively breathing down your neck (-1 your local PD...). Just deal with them watching and be a decent human like everybody else...
>>
>>59584304
>All of the public VPN services are secretly monitored by NSA

The top ones are not located in USA.

Also, what do you mean by "monitored by NSA" exactly? What can they monitor if they don't keep logs?

>even if not, it is still vulnerable to timing attacks, just use TOR.

What are timing attacks?

Also, regarding TOR. Aren't the TOR nodes controlled by NSA?
>>
>>59584345
Yup
That what I was saying.
>>
>>59584345
The VPN service doesn't keep logs, the NSA does, after getting backdoor access to the servers by hacking. I'm not saying TOR is 100% secure, but it is definetly as secure, or more secure than what you are offering.
>>
File: fbi-is-kill.jpg (123KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
fbi-is-kill.jpg
123KB, 1050x591px
>>59584333
>Just deal with them watching
nice try fbi terrorist cuck. maybeiwe should deal with them shooting them up like any other terrorists?
>>
>>59584385
So you are saying TOR is more secure than VPN?

What if you run VPN on machine 1 and then TOR on virtual machine 2?
>>
>I want to know your input on why this WILL NOT work.
browsing habits can be tracked

the only way to be anonymous is to not use the internet
>>
>>59584454
It will be more secure than vpn or tor alone, but also slower. But it's not like it matters, three letter agencies won't waste their valuable backdoors aganst a random paranoic. Also the most likely way you are going to be deanonymised is browser/OS fingerprinting, viruses and >>59584536
>>
>>59584536
>the only way to be anonymous is to not use the internet

Stop with this meme. We all know it is not true.

If you are 99.9% anonymous, it as good as it gets.

Tell me again, how the hell do you get tracked if you go connect to a public wifi via encrypted device and then go through 2 reputable VPNs paid by cash in mail and then go through TOR?

Very interesting to find out how you will be tracked in such case.
>>
>>59584392
More likely to shoot yourself with that lack of trigger discipline
>>
>>59584586
Fingerprinting, browsing habbits mostly.
Those are a thing, they can be somewhat prevented, but not perfectly.

Without additional security measures, getting pwnd by driveby stuff.
The effort required here is enormous.
>>
>>59584618
>Fingerprinting, browsing habbits mostly.

This is a meme. If you are not a total retard you can easily circumvent this.

>Without additional security measures, getting pwnd by driveby stuff.

Elaborate please.

Also, those who say BTC is anonymous - it is not, even when tumbled. You have to use Monero with ring signatures for that shit or cash in mail (use gloves when sending the mail letter).
>>
Also, I guess Bitcoins can be pretty damn anonymous if you buy them in cash via localbitcoins.
>>
>>59583961
You could also use one that takes Gift Cards that you buy with cash. Your other problem is the host OS has to be secure too. If you're on anything closed source, your setup is invalid.

Sounds good in general though, since it takes two honey pots to get you screwed. Could also be done better if you make them to separate machines. Otherwise, an update to either honey potted OS could compromise the other.
>>
Why not use Whonix as the virtual machine OS? it was created specifically for that purpose and works with TOR.

Then use no-log server hopping VPN on the main machine paid by cash taken from change (not ATMs).

This way you get server hopping VPN (basically double VPN) + anonymized VM with Wonyx TOR gateway.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.