[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mPCIe? eGPU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: questionmark_o_1263659.jpg (16KB, 585x421px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark_o_1263659.jpg
16KB, 585x421px
I've got an old Lenovo DAGC8EMB8D0 mobo that I'm going to bring back to life and my autism is kickkking in trying to optimize this build.

The M.2 slot already has a wireless-n card in it and I've got an SSD and the DVD-RW drive that came with the laptop installed in the sata ports.The plan is to have a chinky Expresscard54 USB3.0x2 adapter in it.

Currently it has an [email protected].

I could use the mPCIe slot for a USB3 connection or another ssd and use Expresscard54 for eGPU, but i'm not sure how much of a difference that I'll see. I feel like eGPU won't get me very far because the i5-2540M isn't very good. I could upgrade to the i7-2640M 2.8ghz, but looking at the benchmarks it's not much of an upgrade for ~$200.

Two questions:
- Is there something else I can do with this mPCIe slot, other than stick my dick in it?

- Will attempting eGPU really matter if I am bottlenecked @2.6GHz, or even 2.8GHz?
>>
Wireless m.2 slots are key E or something useless like that. You can't do shit.
>>
Have you seen this site?
https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2017/
>>
>>59580373

I haven't come across that yet. Good find. Will eGPU make that much of a difference in quality on this old machine?
>>
>>59580471
>i5-2540M
>4Gbps (2nd-5th gen i-core CPU)
You need to buy an adapter and the card itself.

I don't know how far 4Gbps is going to get you.
One of the pages on the site might have said something about bandwidth.

If you already going to get a new card for some other build you're going to do, then it might be worth getting the adapter to try this out just for fun.

If not then I think there is a real risk of spending a lot of money for not a lot of gain.
>>
>>59580648
alright, you've convinced me
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.