[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elixir meme language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-03-26-024222_666x239_scrot.png (29KB, 666x239px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-26-024222_666x239_scrot.png
29KB, 666x239px
how can they justify this?
>>
>>59578680
by using a clearly defined set of rules. Oh look, they did. So you're point, and your thread, and probably you, are worthless.
>>
>>59578698
>So you're point, and your thread, and probably you, are worthless.
>getting this emotional over a language criticism
I hope you find a good therapist my man
>>
>>59578680
u"thing" == "thing"
False
>>
Isn't this what every sane language does
? Double quotes for strings, single for characters
>>
>>59578680
it says it right there you retard.
>>
>>59578858
They all have mechanisms in place, some of those mechanisms are purely OOP though.
>"String literal" || 'string literal'
>new String("not literal")
>>
>>59578879
i asked how do the justify it not what they mean, should've finished 1st grade my man
>>59578858
except they dont use single quotes for characters but rather as a fucked up string type and you cant compare the two lmao
>>
It runs on BEAM and not the JVM

that alone makes it a super meme.
>>
>>59578900
the justification is that they need different symbols to represent different things, idiot.
>>
>>59578798
php > $var = "faggots";
php > echo "hi $var";
hi faggots
php > echo 'hi $var';
hi $var
php > $a = "hi $var";
php > $b = 'hi $var';
php > echo ($a === $b ? "true" : "false");
false
>>
>>59579163
PHP is a special needs case.
>>
>>59578680
Well, I suppose char lists and strings are different data structures, and the difference is noted in the "Binaries, strings and char lists" chapter.
>>
>>59579163
>using PHP as base case

Opinion discarded. PHP is the epitome of bad language design. They designed an HTML templating solution first, and then wrapped a full shitty language around it.
>>
>>59578900
Is your criticism simply to do with the syntax, or the fact that they have a type for char lists and a type for strings?
>>
string == char[x]
false
>>
>>59578680
http://elixir-lang.org/getting-started/binaries-strings-and-char-lists.html
Read the doc again, you retard. You clicked on it and still made the thread, It only show us how clueless you are, stop programming right now and kys.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.