[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason to become a programmer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (165KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
165KB, 352x395px
Give me one reason to become a programmer.
>>
you hate yourself and wish to develop crippling alcoholism. you want to waste your best years on meaningless work that benefits no one and creates nothing of value.
>>
You're a NEET with no chance to do anything else with your life
>>
>>59574825
To be better informed for when you want to shitpost on /g/
>>
>>59574846
Sorry about your wasted life bro.

>>59574825
That feeling when it runs right the first time is like no other.

That feeling of standing back and looking at your accomplishment is like no other.

That feeling of possibly living forever throughout your work, distributed among millions of PCs in uncountable places the world..

..is like no other.
>>
If you spend most of your time in front of a computer being unproductive, you can now spend all of your time in front of a computer being slightly less unproductive.
>>
>>59574825
300k starting
>>
>>59574825
It lets you automate a lot of tasks that would be tedious to do by hand.
>>
>>59574825
give me one reason not to sage
>>
only reason to become a programmer is actually enjoying programming.
>>
>>59574933
No it also pays a lot.
>>
>>59574825
see
>>59574846
>>59574858
don't see >>59574863
that's just a phase
/thread
>>
>>59574825
there aren't any
>>
File: 1413151150365-0.png (66KB, 255x161px) Image search: [Google]
1413151150365-0.png
66KB, 255x161px
>>59574964
>10 years
>loving my work
>a phase

Sorry you took a job in a field you hated, anon.
>>
>>59574945
That's not a valid reason. If you do this, you are actively contributing to the fall of the industry
>>
>>59575157
But I am getting lots of money.
>>
>>59574865
>>59574933
These.
>>
Don't become a programming, becoming. Network architect you get to work with computers all day and it isn't insanely hard work.
>>
>>59574846
about to hit 10 years. this is me.

i do make over 100k in the midwest so i just shoot guns, and drive a nice car so i feel good more days than not. you just have to learn to say "no" when you're over worked and expect to get passed by for promotions so they can hire brown slaves.
>>
>>59574825
I get mad over games devs that they make shit ass sjw games in my beloved genres. So I make motherfucking game that will show them how to make good fucking games.
>>
>>59574825
Source of the furry?
>>
>>59574825
kill yourself furfag
>>
>>59574825
Easy and high pay
>>
>>59575804
>hard work

It's hard work for dumb people.
>>
there is none
>>
You should find another profession!
>>
>>59574825
it's an oversaturated field
in 5 years you won't be able to find a job if you're average
>>
>>59574964
You're just dumb, lol.
>>
1) Money
2) It's fun:

Why is programming fun? What delights may its practioner expect as his reward?

First is the sheer joy of making things. As the child delights in his mud pie, so the adult enjoys building things, especially things of his own design. I think this delight must be an image of God's delight in making things, a delight shown in the distinctness and newness of each leaf and each snowflake.
Second is the pleasure of making things that are useful to other people. Deep within, we want others to use our work and to find it helpful. In this respect the programming system is not essentially different from the child's first clay pencil holder "for Daddy's office."
Third is the fascination of fashioning complex puzzle-like objects of interlocking moving parts and watching them work in subtle cycles, playing out the consequences of principles built in from the beginning. The programmed computer has all the fascination of the pinball machine or the jukebox mechanism, carried to the ultimate.
Fourth is the joy of always learning, which springs from the nonrepeating nature of the task. In one way or another the problem is ever new, and its solver learns something: sometimes practical, sometimes theoretical, and sometimes both.
Finally, there is the delight of working in such a tractable medium. The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination. Few media of creation are so flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of realizing grand conceptual structures.
(...)
The magic of myth and legend has come true in our time. One types the correct incantation on a keyboard, and a display screen comes to life, showing things that never were nor could be.

Programming then is fun because it gratifies creative longings built deep within us and delights sensibilities we have in common with all men.

-The Mythical Man-Month
>>
>>59578156
How can i make programming easy?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.