[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rpi3 cannot torrent without crashing every 10 seconds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 913XYU1VtjL._SX355_.jpg (20KB, 355x228px) Image search: [Google]
913XYU1VtjL._SX355_.jpg
20KB, 355x228px
Has anyone ever gotten the rpi 3 to be able to torrent, without the torrent stalling then restarting every 10 seconds?

I've tried
-different distros
-different torrent clients
-overclocking

Now the problem seems to be the rpi is a weak piece of hardware which just nopes out if you try to do anything other than nothing.

On qBittorrent I actually could fix the stalling issue by disabling "use OS cache" which however drops CPU usage from 30 to 3% and the download speed doesn't exceed 0.2-0.3 MB/s.

Enabling this allows the speed to shoot up again - that is until it stalls and crashes 5 seconds later and doesn it over again.
>>
>>59571897
I've gotten a pi zero w to torrent without any problems.

The fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>59571928
what torrent client are you using?
and what speed can you normally download at?
>>
It's not the hardware's fault. You're just stupid
>>
I've been using RPI 2b without any issues for torrenting.

Client---->transmission-daemon with the web interface.
>>
>>59571897
brah, just get yourself a decent router. My router is able to torrent to a flash drive. It's an ASUS RT-AC66U. Then I'm able to access it as a network drive or FTP server.
>>
>>59571897

rpi has nothing to do with this
>>
are you using the same flash card every time? use a different card.
>>
Try a different torrent
>>
my worked fine after 1 year
>>
r u using an external hdd ? if so is it getting enough powa ?
>>
>>59571897

Are you downloading to hdd or micro sd?
>>
>>59573248

You can't torrent directly to cheap microsd cards cards, that's huge amount of random writes that microsd is very very slow with.

Use hq microsd (samsung works for me) but you'll still max it out before your connection or raspberry itself.

https://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards
>>
>>59572140
This.
>>
>>59572140
Same here. I had this up using FreeBSD on my rpi2 for months and it worked fine
>>
Most likely you've got a weak power supply
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.