[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire HD 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fire_hd_8.jpg (204KB, 620x567px) Image search: [Google]
fire_hd_8.jpg
204KB, 620x567px
Is the Fire HD 8 tablet worth buying for the 90$ price tag? My Kindle broke and I am looking for a tablet to use for reading and general usage. The alternative was the Nvidia Shield K1, but I thought that I would like a device with good battery life and decent performance. The Fire tablet seems like a good fit.

What do you guys think? Is it possible to install a custom ROM instead of the Amazon one? Any recommendations?
>>
>>59571004

I have a shield K1. It's pretty exceptional all around. Battery life is uh, yeah, it's "portable" sure, but with screen and wifi on it's literally like two hours full charge.

Does run everything emulate able pretty damn well though and the screen is 10/10.
>>
>>59571659

Also some of the Shield only stuff is pretty neat, like the fakewacom app.
>>
>>59571672
Damn, the battery life is my main concern for it, since I do want to keep it without the need of a charge for as long as possible.

Is it still possible to optimize the Shield tablet so that it at least manages to stay a couple of days without a charge? I've heard that you can control to clock speed of the CPU, and I imagine that would help keep it running longer.
>>
>>59572089

I have a Shield K1 and I can assure you battery life is not noticeably bad.

I charged mine to 90% at 11am and have been using it pretty much continuously through the day to play pocket Minecraft, cast YouTube videos and browse this godforsaken website. It's now 4:15pm where I live, and the charge is down to 51%
>>
>>59572492
I might start considering it then. Thanks for the input.
>>
for the money the zte k88 is the best spec'd 8" tablet available as you can find them all over ebay and online for half retail which ends up ~$75 in the us

k1 is best $200 8" tablet.
>>
>is a tablet worth buying
"No!"
>>
File: meh.ro2857.jpg (345KB, 806x1200px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro2857.jpg
345KB, 806x1200px
tell my dad that who needs it for presenting info to people

remember there's a real world outside your autism station
>>
>>59573139
>zte k88

Wew, this tablet seems really nice for the price. I live in Europe though, and I can't seem to find any place where it would be shipped or sold to here.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.