[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/videochat/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: drahotas.png (558KB, 657x603px) Image search: [Google]
drahotas.png
558KB, 657x603px
I know most of you guys have crippling social anxiety and don't make eye contact and get mad if somebody adds voice or video chat to your messaging applications because you might have to appear on video in front of another human being and have a panic attack but...

What is the /g/ approved method of 1to1 video chatting with other people?

inb4 upset neets get mad at this question.
>>
File: robertdowneyjr.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
robertdowneyjr.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>>59566901
I honestly would rather see the people in person. I haven't used anything like Skype in ages. I have no desire to show my face in the internet.
But again, I am not really a extreme neet as I still go and take hikes and actually has a minimal social life.
>>
>>59567265
>I honestly would rather see the people in person

ok but let's assume that is not feasible due to geographical distance.
>>
>>59566901
why do you care what /g/ uses. use what ever the people you are going to talk to use
>>
Is that your white trash family?

Facebook messenger is good if you don't care about botnet because almost everyone has a Facebook account. Google's Duo is solid for phones. Hangouts for cross platform I suppose.
>>
>>59567285
I want something good and secure so I can give it to the person I'm going to talk to. We usually talk in person but they are going overseas for an extended period of time so I told them I would find us a good way to videochat during that time.
>>
The iOS devices, iPads and iPhones, have the only really reliable video chat system I've seen
>>
>>59567331
>white trash family

Open your eyes, nigger. That's not white trash.
>>
>>59567284
I honestly don't know. I tend to keep it at text based for such instances. I haven't felt bad about it in that way. But I am barely on any mainstream platform, the ones who know me actually keep contact using XMPP. And they don't seem to be bothered about it as normies.
>>
>>59567345
Yeah but I have a PC and Android phone.
>>
>>59567365
Google Hangouts? That's what I see folks using for their YouTube video chats a lot.
>>
>>59566901
I also kinda want a good open source video chat program with linux/windows/mobile clients. p2p or using a vps would be ideal.
>>
>>59567374
Not really /g/ approved.
>>
>>59567338
your new fag is showing https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Tox
>>
>>59567365
Maybe look at the only helpful reply in the thread then. Or are you so white trash you can't read?

>>59567331
>>
>>59567385
/G/oogle are /ourguys/
>>
>>59567390
>The project is still in its pre-alpha stages.

I don't need to deal with that. I'm going to chat with a normie.

>>59567395
Your "helpful" reply wasn't /g/ approved. Maybe you can't read?
>>
>>59567331
>if you don't care about botnet

The OP already said he does, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>59567413
it works and it is /g/ approved or maybe your are too stupid to look for your own alternatives
>>
>>59567413
Good lucking finding something this autism riddled place can agree on. Maybe do the research yourself you dumb mongoloid.
>>
>>59567431
It's alpha, dude. Not going to put my trust in alpha software. Try again or just leave my thread.
>>
>>59567449
>implying you own this thread
>>
>>59567459
I don't need your obnoxious replies. Just go to another thread and let other people help me.
>>
> /g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>59567469
>>59567475
maybe you should create a thread not asking to be spoon fed
>>
>>59566901
>>59567284
>>59567338
>>59567365
>>59567385
>>59567413
>>59567449
>>59567469
> /g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>59567475
>>59567489
>>59567494
Such autism
>>
>>59566901
I use jitsi with a google talk account. Don't know if there is something better.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.