[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /g/ use a scanner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: DSCN1810.jpg (286KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1810.jpg
286KB, 1600x1200px
Does /g/ use a scanner?
>>
>>59566211
I want to buy one of these but the ones with decryption are so expensive.
>>
why not just use an SDR? i'm pretty sure you can even pick up trunked signals with one. and is there anything actually worth listening to?
>>
>>59566237
Yes.
>>
i was using some basic app which shows a bunch of local channels but i cant find my local precents. Are they trunked?
>>
>>59566237
Depends. My dad carries his scanner with him all the time and I remember one time when I was a kid we heard gunshots over it and so we hopped in his truck and he drove to the location of the gunfight and we literally watched a gunfight between some guy and the cops
>>
>>59566211
I wish. Sometimes I want to pull a Nightcrawler and just catch some sketchy shit going on
>>
What would I use it for?
>>
>>59566639
Listening to police/fire department/ambulance/amateur radio people
>>
I have a Uniden handheld, I live next to two airports so I mostly just listen to them.

EMS all pretty much use P25 encrypted digital so slim to none hope listening to them here.

RTL-SDR is interesting, I need to learn more about it and make some antennas.
>>
A what? are you tyrying to do illegal shit wtf

get the fuck out fucking criminal
>>
>>59566669
The cops in my country are terrorist pedophiles, i.e. they encrypt their communication.
>>
>>59566260
What an irresponsible father.
>>
>>59566778
Forgot to add, you can decode pager messages easily, either with SDR or just plugging your scanner into the mic jack of a laptop.
>>
>>59566860
Nah, it was pretty awesome
>>59566798
What country?
>>59566785
No, it's legal. I set one of the frequencies to a local ham radio so i can listen to truckers
>>
>>59566887
>What country?
Sweden :^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.