[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls halp me /g/ you are muh only hoep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Black Mesa.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Black Mesa.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
/g/ I've had some unusual wifi activity lately and people logging into all kinds of accounts of mine

Today I noticed another network titled exactly like mine, but without a password. I suspect this is an asshole hoping my devices will connect to this so he can leach/steal etc. I'm not techy at all so is this a thing? Can scammers steal my info if I simply log onto their network?

For the record I usually have good passwords, all security features on etc etc. I use AVAST, malwarebytes (Scheduled scan only), Spybot and Peerblock and I don't fall for phishing scams so I'm trying to figure out what these assholes are up to since nothing seems to have happened other than prime asshole activity
>>
File: wallpaper-266516.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-266516.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Also if this is just an asshole, can I connect to his network and fuck with him? How do I confirm who/where he is physically? Is that even possible?

Please /g/, think of the possibilities
>>
Yeh there is a good chance that that wifi is there so you will connect to it and he can get your info. Best bet is to just ignore it or confront him.
>>
>>59566181
Also change passwords
>>
They can monitor or spoof data.

I recommend that you cease and desist using Internet and start living in the countryside
>>
>>59566212
already done, any other advice? is it possible to narrow down an address? How do I collect info if I let's say connect a laptop with none of my own info on it
>>
Stop accepting untrusted certificates
>>
>>59566478
>any other advice
punch him in the face retard
>>
>>59566478
You could try to find a program that will find the location of the wifi but i would personally just block and ignore it. If you are serious then you could get the ip and report it.
>>
>>59565580
Take the shielding off a microwave, run.an extension cord out to the street, and let it run for a few hours. Maybe set up an array of them on dish reflectors. Ymmv
>>
>>59565580
Change your passwords, only use https, don't skip the warnings about your unprivate connection.

You could potentiality fuck with whoever this is if they have anything connected to that access point. However, since you're asking this question, I dont think you specifically could do much.
>>
>>59566520
>Stop accepting untrusted certificates
I live in an apartment complex, how do I figure out exactly who he is? I'll just tell him to stop.
>>
>>59566732
>Change your passwords
Already done
> only use https
Already done
> don't skip the warnings about your unprivate connection
Can't skip em if you don't get em

>You could potentiality fuck with whoever this is if they have anything connected to that access point. However, since you're asking this question, I dont think you specifically could do much.
I have 0 experience in this area. As far as I knew avast/spybot, not clicking stupid links and falling for dumb emails, and using a large variety of strong passwords would protect me (Plus 2 step verification). I was wrong. I have no clue what this guy has. The extent of my abilities here is building a PC, but I don't browse tech forums/threads at all and I don't stay current.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.