[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Systeme /d/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (12KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 237x212px
Poeterring is producing a very dangerous malicious software known today as the "System D", it is incredibly evil badware that will integrate itself into your system in such a manner that it becomes almost impossible to remove conveniently. It disobeys the Unix philosophy by making the booting of the system take place nearly 75% too fast, preventing you from visually keeping track of everything that is starting on the system via the console. It also includes unnecessary bloatware such as a QR code reader, an http server, and utilizes a bizarre journaling system to record logs in pure binary, which cannot be read by anything. Imagine trying to figure out why your system crashes at boot, and reading a log file made up of nothing but 1s and 0s, that's where systemd wants to take us.
>>
>>59559315
It's pronounced as one word, freetard.

systemd. As in, "sis" and "temmed".
>>
Agreed, anon. Also it runs in PID1 (the last place where you want software to run!) and it's huge and written in millions of C (especially dangerous, nobody who uses Linux should be using software written in C

Why does my init system now order stuff directly from Amazon without my input? Why does my fucking init system require me to register with a valid email address before it will let me start services? It's just insane how poorly it is coded, it's almost underhanded. Just running systemd (with the icons and animations turned on to Mid) makes my fans spin up to 100%
>>
>>59559349
Cant you see its bait
>>
the binary log shit is blown out of proportion

just use journalctl and work with stdout
>>
SystemD is fine
>>
>>59559653
get out
>>
UNIX is proprietary and systemd is free software.

Fuck UNIX.
>>
>>59559929
He's right though. The "bloat" is due to the fact that it's an active init system that monitors the state of services, instead of just running some scripts when the runlevel changes. It's bigger because it does more things.

Those happen to be useful things that are good for an init system to have, too. Systemd can notice when a service fails and restart it (or take some other action), for instance. SysV can't.
>>
>>59560083
It does all of those things far better and faster than some shitty bash fork as well.
>>
>>59560083
Is systemD performance actually better compared to something like OpenRC?
>>
>>59560470
Well if by performance you mean boot times, then yes. systemd went to quite a bit of trouble to parallelize starting things at boot time.

But the main benefit isn't performance, it's doing more/better things than legacy init.
>>
was there any basis for the spyware fearmongering? I still don't feel safe using systemd.
>>
>>59560541
If your default DNS doesn't work, it falls back to Google's.
>>
What does Stallman think of systemd? I would think that he endorses it since it is licensed under the GNU GPLv3
>>
>>59561251
He said that it's free software so he won't say anything against it.
>>
>>59560506
>it's doing more/better things than legacy init
and thus the confusion was perpetuated.
>>
>>59560633
this
i was about to try finding out how to fix this, any tips?
>>
>>59562316
What's wrong with Google DNS? Got something to hide, fucko?
>>
>>59562436
>Got something to hide, fucko?
Everything is something to hide from Google as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>59559349
Damn, I've been saying system-dee the entire time.
>>
>>59560124
you're my favorite trip do you have a website or gnu social or anything?
>>
Fighting back is simple, why aren't you using one of these?

https://gentoo.org
http://www.voidlinux.eu/
https://alpinelinux.org/
crux - 4chan thinks this link is spam
>>
File: systemdresolv.png (24KB, 1086x159px) Image search: [Google]
systemdresolv.png
24KB, 1086x159px
>>59560506
>it's doing more/better things than legacy init.
except you know, providing functionality that the legacy stuff was able to do without any problems, like routing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.