[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every one think Apple is so secure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: thread for g.png (41KB, 634x454px) Image search: [Google]
thread for g.png
41KB, 634x454px
What's your opinion /g/
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/845337324577853445
>>
File: 1445994419274.png (81KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
1445994419274.png
81KB, 800x509px
>>59558523
Because they were told so by le marketing and le advertisements xD
>>
Nobody thinks that.
>>
Going against Apple gets you banned from Apple events and that means you miss out on ad clicks and become irrelevant like Gizmodo.
>>
File: 1459497237986.jpg (375KB, 677x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1459497237986.jpg
375KB, 677x1294px
>>59559364
this desu senpai
>>
>>59558523
Commercial exploits for iPhones are substantially more expensive than exploits for Android phones. If the FBI wants to get into your iPhone it's going to cost them a lot more than your shitty Galaxy.

Obviously that doesn't make Apple products secure, it just means Android phones are especially shitty.
>>
>>59558523
Because of the available options, they are 2nd only to the most secure distros of Linux.

"Most secure" NEVER MEANS "100%" secure and you are a fool if you believed otherwise. Never the less, a system which faces a handful of exploits per year is far and away better than one which faces a dozen a week.

Reviewing the info released so far:
* macOS and iOS have had comparatively few exploits. And yes, most of what Wikileaks published in regard to Apple is old info that was already patched.

* Many that the gov has used required physical hardware access where other systems (Windows; Android) could regularly be compromised remotely.

* Apple's Secure Enclave in iPhones/iPads is a real bitch. Basically if you don't use iCloud and password recovery, never leave your phone whereby someone could get extended physical access to it (to try and load spyware), and never get suckered into downloading a trojan app from the app store (which is rare itself), nobody is getting your data off that phone. It's AES encrypted with part of the key embedded in the silicon. And unlike Microsoft, Apple does not grab your info regardless of your settings.

I have a lot of annoyances with Apple of late, but they really have done a good job on security. Better than anyone else in the valley, with the exception of a few Linux distro teams whose single purpose is security.
>>
I like how WikiLeaks is shitting all over mainstream media.
Do they do this regularly?
>>
>>59559532
>>59560078
SeLinux plus Cynagonmod self compiled / harned without google + IpTables
CIA niggers GTFO

Also new vault says that macbook have permanent backdoors ablity
>>
>>59560187
If you're talking about the firmware issue, Apple says it has been fixed and what independent info is out there seems to agree, including leaked shit (like the Italian gov spyware company dump).

If you're talking about hardware, EVERYTHING has a theoretical "permanent backdoor" because of Intel's fucking ME and other SoC coprocessors. I sincerely hope that Apple addresses coprocessors like ME and cell phone networking chips in the future, because they are bad news for privacy.
>>
File: 1475896081758.jpg (217KB, 1224x972px) Image search: [Google]
1475896081758.jpg
217KB, 1224x972px
>>59558523
Because Apple users are the most gullible brain dead morons on the planet, and the easiest to manipulate/control.
>>
When a tech company is approached by the government who says "build this backdoor and do not mention this to anybody", they have to comply. Not complying means you can be thrown into prison for treason.

The govt loves it when they go back and forth with companies like Apple while the public is watching. "Let us into your iPhones!" "Never! We will never betray our customers!" it's all just theatre. The backdoors are already there. They're in your EFI, your firmware, every piece of software you run, everything.
>>
File: 1467668406309.jpg (222KB, 751x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1467668406309.jpg
222KB, 751x1386px
>>59560348
this desu senpai
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.