[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

* was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18

File: Bicycle Soldier.jpg (43KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bicycle Soldier.jpg
43KB, 450x300px
What do you unironically think was a mistake when it comes to computers?
>>
AMD
>>
>>59557027
systemd
>>
>>59557027
Smartphones
>>
>>59557068
>AMD buying ATI
ftfy
>>
>>59557027
Anything MS has ever created
>>
>AMD
>Smartphones
...this...omg...so hard this!
>>
>>59557027
Eternal September
>>
iPhone

I would be perfectly happy with Blackberry being on top and Android phones having physical keyboards.
>>
The "cloud" and social media
>>
I forgot: 16:9!
>>
Ditching Plan 9
>>
Transistors
>>
>>59557027
The clipper chip.
DOCSIS.
>>
the internet
>>
>>59557027
19th amendment
>>
Restrictive operating systems.
>>
Software as a service (office 365, Adobe CC, windows 10, anything apple)

Actually anything that ends up owning you instead of you owning your PC but that's just not possible anymore.

Also ISPs. The internet should be in hands of the government like roads and railways, not in the hands of telecom companies.
>>
>>59557027
Web 2.0
OOP
ditching unix philosophy for """""""UX""""""""
>>
>>59557185
>OOP
What is wrong with OOP? Don't just come with a meme comment actually answer what is wrong with it
>>
>>59557027
Trying to turn JavaScript into the new C++
>>
File: 1489754943613.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1489754943613.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>59557027
>Flash
>systemd
>PHP
>Telemetry
>GPLv3
>Intel ME
>JavaScript-based GUI in desktop programs
>Index starting at 1 in some programming languages
>WebApps
>DRM
>>
>>59557115
Dw about that. We now live in an enchanted kingdom of eternal summer
>>
>>59557221
It solves 5 problems while introducing another 25.
It's grossly overused in places where it just bloates the program design.
In most cases it's just unnecessary.
>>
Java as an intra platform language. It would have been great as a compiled-only language. The only reason is hasn't died yet is because of android
>>
Software hiding complexity, instead of simply automating it.
>>
>>59557027
GUIs
>>
Html5
>>
>>59557027
>What do you unironically think was a mistake when it comes to computers?
Intellectual property law

Le amazon one click
Rounded corners
copyrighted/illegal numbers (CSS encryption key)

all forms of intellectual property law are shit.
>>
Computers
>>
>>59557342
Fuck off chink.

IP and copyright laws are the bedrock for scientific innovation.
>>
the internet in its modern form.

i wouldnt want to live without it, at the same time, it is utter cancer
>>
>>59557027
inventing them
>>
>>59557372
>IP and copyright laws are the bedrock for scientific innovation.

They're the cancer that holds us back.
>>
>>59557372
when things as simple as multitouch gestures and round icons get patented / copyrighted that's retarded imo
>>
>>59557372
>IP and copyright laws are the bedrock for scientific innovation.
lol

you think that intellectual property law is going to stop a chink from stealing your ideas?

nope.

but it will stop you from stealing his.
>>
>>59557104
Except paint. Wish i could get that on Mac.
>>
>>59557027
putting them in schools, or giving every student a computer, OLPC project, intel classmate. anything to do with k-12 education and computers.
>>
>>59557342
THIS^
>>
>>59557104
I use win 10, and even I think this.
If there was no windows, everything would be made for GNU/Linux and everything would just werk™ on a free and open source platform
>>
File: Large Image_174.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Large Image_174.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>59557342
Russian blochead. (Not really, obviously.)
Guessing that you don't believe in patent either. Well if you live in a failed communist state, you're gonna be there forever if you hate international IP laws as without them, the only people that can afford to exploit innovate are the all-powerful government.
Rounded corners prevent chipping and improve fit.
>>
File: domney.png (126KB, 315x357px) Image search: [Google]
domney.png
126KB, 315x357px
>>59557027
x86 and directX
>>
>>59557027
Making Internet available to everyone
>>
>>59557426
Paint is a garbage hellhole. Even paint.NET is trash.
>>
>>59557499
xbox existed as a loss investment to get the ball rolling on that shit. But it's extremely well made in modern forms. You have probably never seen a dx caused glitch, only amateur game programmers fucking up usage of it. It's not the technology's fault that M$ are insanely long-haul-goal crooks.
>>
>>59557498
>Russian blochead. (Not really, obviously.)
I'm american but whatever lame ass

>Guessing that you don't believe in patent either.
Nope. Why should someone get a monopoly just because they have better lawyers than another person working on the same thing?

>Well if you live in a failed communist state, you're gonna be there forever if you hate international IP laws as without them, the only people that can afford to exploit innovate are the all-powerful government.
wrong. the high cost of intellectual property and patents is a barrier to entry, preventing new technologies from coming out and making everything more expensive.

>Rounded corners prevent chipping and improve fit.
but only apple can have rounded corners because they claimed dibs and have more money for better lawyers.

in short, intellectual property law is the antithesis of capitalism
>>
>>59557027
Becoming too accessible
>>
>>59557372
Then why do they come from academia and not industry?

>>59557498
Rounded corners do not prevent chipping in software UI/UX.
>>
>>59557089
this
>>
>>59557027
Multi core CPUs
>>
Wireless devices (all kinds)
Social media platforms (all kinds)

Also the "it does less than old programs but consumes 10x as many system resources."
>>
>>59557303
Unironically starting to get really pissed with a lot of modern UIs.
>>
File: 1460353567668.jpg (32KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
1460353567668.jpg
32KB, 480x369px
>it's another "why people use shit I don't like" episode
>>
Chiclet keyboards. Even rubberdome is better than chiclet/scissor whatever the fuck.
>>
>>59557417
>some things are abused
>THE ENTIRE CONCEPT IS SHIT

>>59557421
It will stop that chink from making profit in multiple markets.
>>
>>59557781
They come from everywhere.
>>
Null pointers
>>
The idea that web browsers should be able to run code or other """active content"""
>>
>>59557303
this
>>
putting cameras in phones was probably the biggest mistake in the history of technology
>>
File: index.jpg (3KB, 120x144px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3KB, 120x144px
>>
> Everything is a file.
>>
The biggest mistake ever made in computing history is allowing the US government to ever stick their greasy jew fingers on anything.
>>
>>59558096
>It will stop that chink from making profit in multiple markets.
wrong.
foreign governments will force US intellectual property rights holders to sue in every country to prove that they own the intellectual property. By virtue of every countries legal system (and the strings pulled behind the scenes) this can go any way the government of that country wants

All it does is tie up and waste resources.
Children squabbling over who gets the ball
>>
>>59558293
Absolutely incorrect and I have no idea where the fuck you got this from.

US copyright law cares about the US. They could give a rats ass what han in China is doing.

Substantiate your claims.
>>
>>59557027

I think the single most harmful event in all of computing was the near-absolute domination of Microsoft in the 90s and 00s.

Their dominance, and the stifling lack of innovation that it caused, set back the advancement of computing by probably about 15 years.

For example, Internet Explorer reigned absolutely supreme from 1997 to 2009, with a peak at 2003. During that time, Microsoft deliberately halted all innovation on web-browser improvements and JavaScript performance. This is because Microsoft believed that the web platform posed a long-term existential threat to the Win32 platform -- and for that reason, web technologies must always be engineered to be significantly inferior to native Win32 execution.

Microsoft has also taught an entire generation of computer users to accept poor design and mediocrity. To take one example: All Microsoft file systems have a bug that prevents files from being reliably renamed or deleted -- in general, it requires a power cycle to ensure that a file can be renamed or deleted -- and therefore, the installation of new software on Windows usually requires a power cycle to do any necessary renaming or deletion. We now have a very high percentage of the population who believes that a power cycle is a "normal thing" to do when installing software -- completely unaware that it's not necessary in a correctly-designed system.

It's hard to estimate how much the indoctrination of low expectations has hurt the quality of software in general. It causes the general public to be less demanding of software, and a resigned feeling of inevitability sets in when people see generation after generation of poor design. We've never really experienced this before at such a large scale. (We have seen small-scale examples of this -- for example when everyone was "taught" that an incandescent light bulb should normally last about 1 year, even though for an additional 2% increase in cost it could be engineered to last 10 years.)
>>
>>59557027

strcpy(), strcat(), and similar poorly-designed C functions.

Thes are responsible for a significant percentage of all buffer-overflow bugs -- which, in turn, are responsible for many of the security problems found in software.
>>
>>59557068
I actually kind of think AMD was a mistake too. Seems like they've just been riding the coattail of Intel all these years
>>
>>59557243
Intel ME isn't a mistake, it's serving exactly the purpose it was supposed to. Same with DRM.
>>
>>59558418
So only the US market cares about US copyright law.

Currently it's not quite true, since most profitable markest will tend to pander the USA over china, but that may change in the future.
>>
>>59558676
They do what they are designed for, but that's are still a big mistake.
>>
>>59558685
Except it's not just the US, the EU has extremely similar laws.

the only places with shit tier IP laws are shit tier places.
>>
>>59558738
EU has similar laws, but doesn't care about what's decided in the USA.
So the company would have to proove again that they have the rights to something in the EU after they got a court settled in the USA, which was the original claim.

Also IP laws in general are the worst.
>>
>>59558612
Not to mention "new versions of OS require an upgrade" yet have no discernible difference in real-world capabilities.

And no, visual bloat is not a capability, any more than a nice looking car inherently has better fuel economy.
>>
File: 5stars.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5stars.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>59558612

KEK
>>
>>59557161
This
>>
Web 2.0.
>>
>Hey, we have this piece of software designed to render hyper-TEXT mark-up language recieved through the hyper-TEXT transfer protocol, on this thing called the web, which is described by the creator as a "universe of DOCUMENTS"
>MAKE IT PLAY GAMES AND RUN VIDEOS AND BE ITS OWN OPERATING SYSTEM

I'm not adverse to web apps (well...) or videos on the net, but the method clearly wasn't intended for it. Which is the ongoing theme of computing these days, what with home computers being powered by old server OSs.
>>
File: 1475201856579s.jpg (2KB, 125x81px) Image search: [Google]
1475201856579s.jpg
2KB, 125x81px
>>59558612
Well, how would we now the "right" way to do things if MS hadn't shown us the "wrong" way?

There is surely value in learning from the mistakes of others.
>>
>>59558762
Yes, because IP laws are market based.

>So the company would have to proove again that they have the rights to something in the EU after they got a court settled in the USA, which was the original claim.

If that person could prove it in the US he most assuredly could do it in the EU.

>Also IP laws in general are the worst.

As you use a intellectually protected website, hosted on an intellectually protected cloud based server.

ip laws serve as the foundation of commerce, technological advancement, and law.
>>
>>59558849
Except that things have gone too far now to ever go back.
>>
>>59557027

Facebook was a mistake. The collective drain on human productivity is staggering.
>>
Social media
The Cloud
Windows 10
Chrome, because Firefox won't stop trying to become a Chrome clone
>>
>>59558647

Well after Intel's shady ass practices, how can they not just ride their coattails?

Seriously, look up what Intel did, it's pretty fucked up.
>>
Software patents
>>
File: 1426655613335.jpg (126KB, 736x512px) Image search: [Google]
1426655613335.jpg
126KB, 736x512px
>>59557027
Proprietary software
>>
Javascript. Supposedly, Netscape looked at using Scheme as an embedded web language first, but they thought that would scare off all the C++ and Java developers they wanted to attract, so they ended up rolling their own quick and dirty language instead, and now we're stuck with it. Had they gone with Scheme, computing in general would be in a very different place today. A much better place, and it makes me sad for what might have been.
>>
>>59557027
The obsession with backwards compatibility and legacy modes of operation.
>>
>>59557115
>>59557271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNu9JuURXL8
>>
File: ok.png (109KB, 623x904px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
109KB, 623x904px
>>59558994
>what did intel do
thanks that clears it up
>>
The invention of "null" as a programming concept, or as Tony Hoare called it, his billion dollar mistake. Also, that Kernighan and Ritchie didn't add range checking for array access in C, at least as an option.

Shit, the topic of this thread could fill an entire book.
>>
>>59557027
The constant onslaught of new technologies and a failure to bridge the digital divide
>>
File: 1490148983435.jpg (77KB, 1080x695px) Image search: [Google]
1490148983435.jpg
77KB, 1080x695px
The web becoming the be-all-end-all of computing, to the point where it takes over any and all aspects of what makes a good computer or operating system.
>>
Pretty much any UI prior to material design was a mistake.
>>
>>59558647
Yeah, but without AMD's competition, we would be paying $350 today for a processor that would probably have the performance of a 2005 Celeron.

I actually think AMD is the single most important company in all of tech. Not because their products are the best, but because they alone prevent Intel from screwing us 100 times harder than they're screwing us now.

I used to think that both AMD and Apple were the two most important companies in tech, because they both served as a competition check against their heavyweight counterparts (Intel and Microsoft). But in recent years, I don't think Microsoft needs much serious competition anymore -- because they've done such an outstanding job of fucking themselves. They lost the server market. They lost the mobile market. They're dropping fast in the embedded market. They don't have a prayer in the emerging IoT market. Companies like Google and Amazon are killing them in the cloud. And they aggressively fucked desktop users with Win8 and Win10 so much that it's now an accepted cultural norm for even casual users to have a seething hatred of Microsoft.

But Intel still has enough power to be a true monopolist. All of their products have 5 eggs at NewEgg. Half of /g/ loves them like crazy. They're in a good position to screw us big time, and they have proven again and again how much they relish doing so. You can't build a serious desktop or server with ARM -- and so AMD is really the only company that can stop Intel from abusing their market share.
>>
File: macfag.png (5KB, 217x233px) Image search: [Google]
macfag.png
5KB, 217x233px
>>59559127
ARM would have a better chance of competing with Intel if AMD was dead and gone.
>>
>>59558849
>Well, how would we now the "right" way to do things if MS hadn't shown us the "wrong" way?

That's a valid question.

In the open-source ecosystem, we use a bazaar model: the user has lots of choices, some good, some bad, and we let the collective choices of the users determine the difference between the "right" and "wrong" way to design things.

For example, Shuttleworth inflicted his awful "Unity" desktop on Ubuntu users -- but it did no real damage, because we had so many other desktops to choose from.

The harm of Microsoft isn't that it makes mistakes. The harm of Microsoft comes from the fact that we have no choice but to guzzle down those mistakes, and to pay $250 for the privilege of doing so.
>>
>>59559139
ARM would need a desktop/workstation solution before that would happen.
>>
>>59559139
>ARM would have a better chance of competing with Intel if AMD was dead and gone.

I don't agree. Microsoft would need to make a commitment to support the ARM platform fully before ARM could compete head-to-head against Intel.

The only way that could happen would be for Microsoft to switch everyone over the "fat binaries" -- executables that are built with both x86 and ARM code embedded within them. Microsoft hasn't shown any inclination to do that.
>>
>>59559228
The problem is that all these "solutions" still follow the MS model. Outside of fringe efforts like WindowMaker or AmiWM everything is distinctly adhering to MS conventions.
>>
>>59559311
Microsoft being the deciding factor on whether an entire range of computers being viable was a mistake.
>>
>>59557027
Putting microcontrollers with embedded firmware in absolutely fucking everything.
>>
>>59557161
>Also ISPs. The internet should be in hands of the government like roads and railways, not in the hands of telecom companies.
yeah just cut the middleman and hand all our info directly to the government
>>
>>59559122
You have consistently the worst posts of any tripfag I've ever seen.
>>
>>59557027
Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8.x, Windows 10
>>
>>59557372
You are without a doubt the most misinformed person I have ever personally come into contact with.

Either that or you have some corporations dick so far up your ass that it's affecting your brain.
>>
>>59559459
Not an argument.
>>
File: wb_09_2.gif (5KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
wb_09_2.gif
5KB, 640x400px
>>59557303
I agree, and I wish I didn't.
>>
>>59559334
>distinctly adhering to MS conventions

Well, MS did get some things right.

I use both MATE and KDE -- both of which inherited MS's start menu design. That was something that MS pioneered with Win95, and they happened to get it right. That's not surprising, because: (1) they spent a bunch of money doing a lot of usability testing, and (2) their engineering department wasn't (yet) under the thumb of their marketing department, so they were under no pressure to screw the users with marketing-retard shit like blinking Metro tile ads and a telemetry botnet that steals the user's identity and privacy.

MS did a great job in the early years, culminating in the pretty impressive Win2000. Then the evil forces took over, and forced more and more nonsensical shit on the UI paradigm. FOSS took the best MS had to offer (Win2000), and advanced the desktop from there.
>>
>>59557139
DOCSIS is here to stay unfortunately.
ISPs won't spend the money to roll out real cabling as a result.
>>
>>59559665

This. I'd rather piss glass than use windows, but win2k was a great OS.
>>
>>59557027
>What do you unironically think was a mistake when it comes to computers?

I believe that, in retrospect, the IoT will turn out to be a far bigger mistake than anything that has happened so far.

We're going around today bitching about little things like "flat UI" and "ads in Win10". But wait until the IoT seriously rolls out. The IoT will truly be a motherfucking catastrophe, the likes of which we cannot possibly imagine today.

You can see it coming from a mile away. ***Literally*** nobody is asking for an internet-connected dishwasher that can automatically place an online order when it detects you're running low on detergent. And yet, there's a whole industry ready to spring into action to make damn sure that every single consumer item that costs more than about $20 USD will connect to the internet, to serve as an excuse to jack up the price by 10%. And not a single participant in that fiasco will have the slightest idea about the security nightmare they are about to unleash on the public.

This is gonna be big, people. Get out a tub of popcorn, sit down, and watch the whole IoT thing turn into a huge clusterfucked shitshow in slow-motion right before your eyes.
>>
>>59560011
Just wait until the IoT gets compromised and turned into a DDoS botnet.
>>
>>59557027
Apple
>>
>>59560011
Agreed. This is what I wrote about a year ago:

--------

I demand that they adopt a doctrine that says:

"It should always be easy and natural for the user of the Thing to disable all IoT capabilities, and it should always be easy and obvious to verify that those capabilities are in fact disabled."

What I'm afraid of is that at some point in the future I will have no choice but to buy a necessary appliance (say, a refrigerator or stove)
that contains IoT technology in it. As a paying customer, I demand to always have an easy and natural way to disable all remote control and telemetry, and to easily tell that it's disabled.

I believe this doctrine will eventually become far more important than Asimov's laws of Robotics. Asimov's laws apply only to robots, but
the doctrine I am demanding will eventually apply to everything. (Even computer operating systems, where the wide-spread abuse has already begun, thanks to Windows 10.)
>>
>>59558685
>So only the US market cares about US copyright law.
Nope
You think (((Intellectual Property Rights Holders))) will just sit back and let some chinese entity infringe on their rights in another country? Nope. They'll have to either have their local division do it, or they'll do it.

>>59558418
>US copyright law cares about the US. They could give a rats ass what han in China is doing.
That's totally not true. See KimDotcom.

Now get fucked retard.
>>
>>59559647
>>59558160
>>59557303
I don't necessarily think that GUIs are bad, but the move away from a text-focussed (not so much text-based like a TUI, but just text-focussed) was a massive mistake that still confuses me. Computers, for decades came with computers attached to hard-wired keyboards (from the micro-computers like the Commodore 64 Apple ][ and through to the Atari ST and Amiga, then on to laptops which continues) so why would the main method of control and interface (and display, for continuity of media) not be based on text?
>>
>>59559411
>yeah just cut the middleman and hand all our info directly to the government

> be current year
> be still unaware of the way a National Security Letter works
>>
>>59557082
This.
>>
>>59560463
>be 2160, year of the androids
>still thinks everyone in the internet is an amerifag
>>
>>59560402
So the company has to get their rights in every individual jurisdiction.
Which was the orignal fucking argument.
Why is /g/ becoming more illiterate by the minute?
And the area they want to enforce any copyright in, also has to have suitable laws.
>>
Internet for normies.
>>
File: 64bithurr.png (129KB, 1148x393px) Image search: [Google]
64bithurr.png
129KB, 1148x393px
WOW64
>>
>>59559665
and vista's search based interface still leaves them all in the dust

MS' biggest mistake was nerfing the search box in 8/10
>>
>>59560700
>MS' biggest mistake was 10
FTFY
>>
>>59559729
>>59559665
<3
>>
>>59559139
wow u r dumb
always

What's it like to be stupid your whole life?
>>
>>59557027
Don't equate computers to your conception, anon~
>>
>>59557089
this so much
>>
intel management engine
mac os x 10.6+
windows 8+ (except server editions)
systemd
directx 11
>>
Internet "culture"
>>
>>59557027

Touch screens as a primary interface. I hate it so much. Makes a computer fucking unusable.
>>
>>59557027
proprietary software
>>
>>59558994
What Intel did? They played capitalism?
>>
File: jyhtjt.jpg (54KB, 750x929px) Image search: [Google]
jyhtjt.jpg
54KB, 750x929px
>>59557027
Lack of regulation. This is the biggest failure.

Insecure software, buggy systems, sloppy programming, iot idiocy, web tracking, invasive advertisement, data mining - every fucking problem we have with computing is caused by lack of regulation.

Basically, software engineers can fuck around because there aren't any real laws preventing them from doing so. And turns out, silicon valley is just as greedy and unethical as any other big business.

When an oil tanker shits oil all over the coast the company pays. When a car has fucked up engines the company pays. When a burger poisons people the company pays. Every big business - they fuck up, they pay.

Silicon valley fucks up? Nothing fucking happens.
>>
>>59557027
GNU + Linux
>>
mandetory tabs in makefiles
>>
>>59557027
Websites designed for mobiles.
>>
>>59557122
The "cloud" is just a bastardazation of cloud computing which is not just storage online. So we'll need a new term for cloud computing once that becomes more prevalent.
>>
>>59562197
There is no internet culture anon. It's human culture.
>>
>>59557221
Nothing. Anyone who's ever programmed a gui, done graphics programming, or made a videogame can tell you it's necessary.
>>
File: oopmanifesto.jpg (32KB, 450x668px) Image search: [Google]
oopmanifesto.jpg
32KB, 450x668px
>>59557221
difficult to reason about
highly inefficient
loads of boilerplate
attracts poor programmers
models systems poorly
reminiscent of communism

http://www.reocities.com/tablizer/oopbad.htm
http://www.softpanorama.org/SE/anti_oo.shtml
>>
preemptive scheduling
>>
>>59557221
>>59563654
More simple for simple problems, adds some complexity to complex problems. It's a perfectly valid paradigm in most cases but traditionally implementations have not protected you from yourself.
>>
>>59564186
the smalltalk/COM model of basically several mini-programs coexisting in a less coupled framework is not bad.

The "everything is an object" model is.
>>
>>59557027
Microsoft. Microsoft and it's unwillingness to make proper new Windows (rewrite it from scratch) and stop making DirectX a selling point for new windows releases. Also they should do something about how things work around gpu so that when new DirectX features are developed, you don't have to get a new windows and new gpu.
>>
>>59564356
the last time they did a major rewrite everyone hated it
>>
>>59557068
It literally was. AMD was a chip fab with no design capability. Intel gave the 386 design to AMD and handed them a license to make processors using x86 to appease IBM's requirement of having at least 2 sources for all components in the IBM PC. The idea was to leave them in the dust with IBM-compatible follow on designs.

They didn't count on AMD reverse engineering the 486DX, and moving on to build their own designs with K5, K6, etc.

Now AMD is purely a design house, and Intel licenses x86_64 from them. I'd say that was a mistake.
>>
>>59557027
Without a computer my car's engine will fire about the same as a version from 15 years ago.
>>
File: jer01nov14BAZ[1].jpg (145KB, 1500x1054px) Image search: [Google]
jer01nov14BAZ[1].jpg
145KB, 1500x1054px
>>59565197
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
Single color flat design.
Mandatory calling home in programs/OS.
Youtube selling out to google.
Google becoming as large as it has.
The dumbing down of STEM to attract non-engineers.
>>
>>59557027
gui point and click computing. talking to your computer or typing to it is so much more natural.
>>
>>59558647
>>59565197
>>59557068
>all these people want a bigger pipeline kek
>>
>>59557027
Making the user interface easier and easier. The quality of internet was way better when the users had to have some tolerable level of intelligence and ablility.
>>
>>59566307
>Mandatory calling home

I don't understand that one. What do you mean?
>>
Eternal September
abandoning federated protocols in favor of closed ones
Microsoft Windows
Abandoning NeXtstep
JavaScript and "web technology" in general
>>
>>59564801
Can you link something to read about it?
>>
>>59557082
this
>>
>>59557027
>oop
>eth
>>
>>59568908
http://techreport.com/blog/13303/the-vista-nerd-rage-feedback-loop
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.