[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best vpn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: secure_vpn.png (19KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
secure_vpn.png
19KB, 420x420px
What is the best vpn?
>>
>>59555112
they are all botnets
>>
openvpn via cockbox
>>
Is pic related good?
>>
I'm using Private Internet Access and have no complaints so far. It's $5.99/month I think, and a lot less if you get the year subscription. Tons of servers in the US and throughout europe.

It's my first vpn so I have nothing to compare it to, but yeah pretty good.
>>
>>59555112
https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

Personally I use TorGuard.

Have 6 months paid for for like 15 USD because of a coupon.
>>
File: 1489769714750.jpg (59KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489769714750.jpg
59KB, 846x1024px
>>59555397
TGLIFETIME50 is the coupon if you want to purchase their services
>>
>>59555272
>using VPN server in US
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a VPN?
>>
>>59555420
I'm not in the US, and if you want, you can use any server outside the US. They have about 20 located abroad.

Plus, I might be wrong but they're not a US-based company.
>>
>>59555236
ayy
my mayn
>>
Semi-related question:
Since the US voted to allow ISPs to sell browsing history and habits, how are they going to reliably get any information to sell in a world that is mostly https?

Even when on a website that support https connections, is the url still in plaintext? Is that how they are going to get search queries?
>>
>>59555555
>>
>Not downloading torrents remotely via cheap romanian vps
>>
>>59555409
Thanks
>>
The one you install yourself on a VPS.
If done right you can pass as a normal connection to all sites.
Unfortunately all VPN providers are known and surveiled and most of them have limited use.
>>
>>59555864
VPNs are used for alot more than just torrenting, for example getting around geo restrictions
>>
use hastsailor
they are trash
they are cheap
and they dont care what are you doing as long as you are not mining and overheating their servers
>>
>>59555821
URL's are sent after the TLS session is initiated.

The question still stands, how are ISPs going to have anything of any use to sell? DNS queries, that's about it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.