[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have the TPLINK Archer C7? Do you run DD-WRT/OpenWRT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tplink-archer-c7.jpg (33KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tplink-archer-c7.jpg
33KB, 960x720px
Anybody have the TPLINK Archer C7? Do you run DD-WRT/OpenWRT? If so, which one and why? I currently run DD-WRT but I have never had a chance to use OpenWRT on anything that could actually install more than a few packages, so I was unable to really get a feel for the possibilities.

DD is solid so far, but I'd be interested to hear what other users think.
>>
>>59551001
Honestly if DDWRT works for you, that's a great option. OpenWRT is a lot more work but you have variety in packages and things to customize it. Of course you're still limited by your hardware so not everything is available on every router anyway.
>Fucking dnsmasq broke again
>Can't fit a bind server
>Fuck I'll just fix dnsmasq
>>
I use the stock firmware because why the hell would I use anything else when it already does pretty much anything anyone would need?
>>
>>59551348
>lol
>>
>>59551348
>anyone

you mean you? that's a pretty broad statement you're making there.
>>
Have Archer c5 v1.2 running openwrt. Used to have ddwrt but made the switch to openwrt because setting up active load balancing is so bloody easy on it. All I had to do was install the luci-mwan3 package and follow the instructions.

ddwrt comes with more bells and whistles by default and has a more friendly webui. But openwrt is way more useful for dealing with actual networking like vlans, multiple wans, wireless bridges, firewalls, etc.
>>
>>59551348
does the stock firmware blocks malware/spyware/botnet ?
>>
>>59551001
Dude LEDE is the way forward now. You're missing security updates and stuff.

I've got an Archer C7 that was running OpenWRT and I'm upgrading to LEDE soon.
>>
what's /g/'s recommended router

Gotta buy one when I move to a new place and return my current ISPs. Do I need an expensive one to use it as a torrentbox with the files accessible on the local server with openWRT?
>>
>>59552732
/g/'s recommended router? The one labeled gaming grade with LED's and the most antennas of course.
>>
>>59552309
> active load balancing
Stupid question anon, but what kind of load balancing do you mean? Are you saying you have 2 ISP's and have them load balancing your downloads or do you have a server in your house and you're load balancing something there.

Again, sorry for stupid question but I'm interested.
>>
>>59552732
Airport Extreme A1408

>gigabit ethernet
>wireless N so most modern tech works fine with it
>built in file server
>$25-30 for a good condition used one on eBay
>>
>>59551001
No not that model

Yes I run DD-WRT on a TPLINK

DD has been one of the best upgrades over the last 10 years in my home. The ad blocking alone is just fucking amazing. The ability to upgrade and use this as an extender down the road is a great value. And just simply the control and information I now have about my network and transfers is just astounding.

Double Plus Good!
>>
>>59552854
this is a joke right?
>>
>>59551001
>TPLINK
Chink botnet
>>
>tplink
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.