[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: 1469525831034.jpg (46KB, 689x491px) Image search: [Google]
1469525831034.jpg
46KB, 689x491px
What went wrong, /g/?
>>
File: DoucheAccessories.jpg (55KB, 1000x553px) Image search: [Google]
DoucheAccessories.jpg
55KB, 1000x553px
>>59549620
Same thing as this.
>>
>>59549659
this

Also processing power was beyond absolute dogshit. You couldn't even run angry birds on that shit.

Maybe it will be a thing in a decade as cpu and battery tech advances.
>>
File: 1467105641020.jpg (32KB, 506x380px) Image search: [Google]
1467105641020.jpg
32KB, 506x380px
>>59549659
Airpods are selling like crazy. Can't even find them in stores from a huge demand.
>>
Simply too early for the tech. Day-to-day living wasn't dependent on it, or anything nearing that tech, so anyone that was dependent stood out.

Alienation kills everything. Simple fact of nature.

It'll be a thing eventually, though. Wonder who will be the zenith with that.
>>
>>59549620
What still rustles me is that peope are actually wearing those nasty looking fitbits. Like, just put the fucking accelerometer and heartbeat sensor in a regular quartz watch.
>>
File: 1474957316337.jpg (81KB, 480x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474957316337.jpg
81KB, 480x392px
They're like virginity defenders. When you wear them, they create this field around you and everyone just avoids you.
>>
Nobody wanted a camera on around them all the time, so they started ripping the damn thing off of people's faces.
>>
>>59549777
Unless they're Snapchat-branded
>>
>>59549778
Yet everyone has a camera around them all the time, but since they don't see them, it's okay. Ignorance truly is bliss.
>>
The camera container is still too huge. Just like new technology. It starts big in size but eventually gets smaller and smaller. I'll just wait for the camera to become tiny and indistinguishable.

It already looks obsolete right now from the size of it...
>>
>>59549716
The watch is outdated with the phone, and the fitbit bracelet is subtle compared to a watch-face.
>>
>>59549802
There's a huge difference between the apathy of being filmed outside of a grocery store, and the [possibility of] being filmed by John Smith of 123 ABC Lane.
>>
>>59549792
Snapchat spectacles are also a failure.
>>
>>59549620
I actually got to use a pair during a hackathon during my undergrad. It had (has? some manufacturing company is using them) incredible tech potential to the point where mundane shit like scanning barcodes could translate into useful information, i.e., the hackathon program scanned a book barcode and compared prices and the goal was to make it something for textbooks. However, it was fucking heavy and doesn't fit on normal glasses. It looked retarded and it got a whole social stigma attached to it. Many of the possible ideas and uses for it could and did also apply to smartphones. Using it was a pain in the ass and wasn't "natural" to control.

>>59549855
Good, those didn't even look like a functional product, just really expensive plastic.
>>
>>59549855
But they're not virginity defenders, that's all I was saying
>>
>>59549906
>But they're not virginity defenders, that's all I was saying
... but no one is buying them so it doesn't matter.

>>59549884
>just really expensive plastic
pretty much. shit battery life too.
>>
>>59549942
>... but no one is buying them so it doesn't matter.
Ok, I don't care
>>
>>59549620
It has to be indistinguishable from normal glasses to work, anything else will look too tacky and fail. Luckily Glass is finding good use for factory employees, so I guess it's not a complete waste of money to develop.
>>
>>59549824
no there really isn't. you're just a crybaby bitch that has irrational hate over inane bullshit.
>>
nonfree, no reason to even bother looking at it.

when will cucks learn that no one cares about some generic nonfree shitware of the week.
>>
btw. I would die for a discrete personal camera like those that police officers are wearing
>>
>>59550350
What

Are you sure you quoted the right person?
>>
>>59550413
Me too.
>>
>>59549806
Watch is both classic and trendy fashion accessory. Rubber band around your wrist is retarded.
Same goes for Google glass, if it was indistinguishable from ray bans everyone would wear them.
>>
>>59550633
>if it was indistinguishable from ray bans everyone would wear them
honestly, is that even possible?
>>
>>59550648
Look at the size of the camera on your phone and tell me.
>>
>>59549620
>ASSHOLES
>>
>>59550633
glass looks cool though. the problem is that only douchebags used it.

same problem vaping has, it's cyberpunk as fuck, but only douchebags do it.
>>
>>59549806
Fitbit is also outdated with the phone you retard, phones have accelerometers. And the ones with heart sensors in them look kind of like apple watches and are way overpriced.
>>
>>59550672
Glass looks cool to some people, yes. My point is - if you want to be appealing to wider audience, you have to have a more classic looking design.
>>
>>59550672
And oakleys that pc principal wears look cool too?
>>
>>59550689
No-one has their phone on their body 24/7, not even you, and that's the attraction of fitbit. A continuous, reliable tracker that is always there.
>>
File: not-like.png (247KB, 608x397px) Image search: [Google]
not-like.png
247KB, 608x397px
>>59549620
>Having a tiny pointy piece of glass an inch from your eye all day long.

No thanks.
>>
>>59550659
Glasses like that would need to be powerful enough to be a fairly general purpose device, so I imagine it would be a very hard task to design something like that given the form factor. It's not a rectangular box.
And even if someone managed to pull out a miniaturization wonder, the most daring challenge are batteries. There's not really much we can do about them in near future.
>>
>>59549703
This guy was such a fucking retard. He and this stupid video was a huge reason why Glass got such a lame/nerd rep almost immediately after introduction.

Then he has the gall to denounce it months later.
>>
>>59550766
Yea well, everybody has their phone on them 16/7, and those 8/7 people sleep. I'm not sure what you're trying to say? Are you a sleepwalker?
>>
>>59550809
9/11 people prefer Fitbit when running than dealing with the elastic strap of a phone carrier.

What the fuck are these numbers what is wrong with us
>>
>>59550829
Wrong.jpg
You need music when running, hence - phone. Nobody has a dedicated mp3 player anymore.
Also, who the fuck tracks their runs by counting steps? Ever heard of gps?
And one more thing, fit people dont even use trackers, calculating calories and distances is not rocket science.
Fit bit is an excuse for fat people to show other people that they're trying to be more healthy. It's like ordering a salad.
>>
>>59549620
Nothing. Google got people tripping over each others' dicks to hand over $1500 to alpha test a device. Those people then did all the work for Google coming up with application ideas and got feedback on the public's reaction.
>>
>>59550791
>There's not really much we can do about them in near future.
>we

Who's we? Stop including the "we" in your statements to make your statements appear "stronger, and backed by many", nitwit.

Batteries? Sure "we" could also make batteries indistinguishable by disguising them as "headphone holders"

>We
Don't "wewe" me, faggot. You're the only one speaking for yourself
>>
>>59550791
>There's not really much we can do about them in near future.
>We

>There's not really much "I and the idiots" can do about them in near future.

FTFY
>>
>>59549884
>during a hackathon
stopped reading
>>
>>59550916
This. Ordering a salad you don't intend to eat.
>>
>>59550916
>Nobody has a dedicated mp3 player anymore.
I have one. It's pretty good. /g/ recommended it to me. I use it when I run.
>>
>>59549703
>Airpods
Enjoy your ear cancer.
>>
>>59550916
You don't need music when you run, enjoy the sounds of nature around you.

Or find better places to run.
>>
They sound good in theory, but are awful in practice. Has no practical use that can't be accomplished by pulling out a phone. One that's more powerful and easier to use. It being unique doesn't make it good. If it fails a lot of times or is clunky to use then there's no point. Not to mention it's overpriced.

There's also a social stigma you get from them that makes people believe you're a pseudointellectual dork that feels superior.

All these things add up and no one is immune, not even Google. Great technology demo, but maybe they'll have luck in a few more years.
>>
>>59549620
it was gay from the get go

plus botnet
>>
Even though they're more likely to use hidden cameras or even just be ""texting"" on the phone, people tend to assume you're filming their kids and wanking off to them later. As a result anyone who wore these got punched in the face.

That and they looked shit
>>
>>59553820
>people tend to assume you're filming their kids and wanking off to them later
pedos always ruin everything.
>>
>>59550669
That's the joke, dipshit
>>
They started with a solution to literally everything, a pricepoint and marketing to/for only people who live in Chicago and NewYork, whilst America is a surveillance terrified nation majroly culture and petty interests that're struggling to escape the reality portrayed in movies and remembered from the 90s.
See kickstarter and indiegogo for tonnes of augmented reality glasses that're less stupendously ambitious. Navigation for cyclists for example.
Google should have fucking started with essentially an eyewear to project and interact with your phone, cheap, to get the ideals launched, then slowly added features.
I can't be the only one that realises this... Analogously - if flying cars were invented today, you wouldn't try to launch and sell them immediately, you'd move gradually.

I just realised, looking at the google pixl, that their design team is stubborn, hubris, ideologue. The pixl does exactly what I described as the reasoning for the glass's failure... The only difference is that everyone already uses a fairly expensive phone so the wants and willingness are already established.
>>
>>59549620
Edward Snowden happened.
>>
>>59549659
>>59549701
The Airpods tried to solve one problem, changing hardly anything from a previously established market.
I agree only in the aspect of the culture receiving the product being skeptical and even making entertainment and money out of negative claims about products.
If the OP question were "why couldn't this take off?" then I'd agree. As we can see illustrated in this thread and even the OP image caption, we're a whiney, bitchy, name-calling obsessed society. It's just a vestigial instinct to oust behaviors that're disruptive and different being mixed with reasoning and comedy.
Frankly I think this "comedy" sketch by the bullshitly-untouchable Conan should be sued for damages for his on airpods. I hear that airpods, though nothing special and no kind of innovation atall. I also hear that airpods don't actually fall out of most peoples ears very frequently.
Disclaimer, I own no apple products and would condone non until they release an improved iphone SE. I no longer own any earbud headphones. I keep constant bluetooth/wifi/wireless stuff aware from my nads and head.

Ref https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wImaGRkNY
>>
Glass was too ahead of its time. The public wasn't ready back then. You have to slowly ease the public into that level of intrusiveness.

Now we have appliances like Google Home and Amazon Echo, which are listening to you 24/7. People are okay with this. Google Maps continuously tracks where you are and keeps an unlimited record of where you've been. People think that it's cool to see where you've been in any time frame you choose. Facebook tracks everything you do online, and nobody cares.

In terms of tracking, Glass did (or could have done) all of those things and tied it all together in a neat package. But since it was greater than the sum of its parts, some people found it disturbing. If it were to be reintroduced in 2-3 years, it would be welcome with open arms.

If it gets reintroduced, it needs a good marketing campaign. Ads, forum shills, getting celebs to wear it, product placement, etc. They need to show the convenience of the product, and they need to tell you that you want it. Along the same lines, it also needs to be rebranded. The few people who know about Glass right now need to be fooled into thinking that it's a completely different product altogether. Don't even put "Google" anywhere on the product.

It also needs to not be ugly. It needs to be stylish. Make it look like a real pair of glasses. Should it look slightly distinct from a real pair of glasses in order to show that you're hip and in the loop? Conduct studies and focus groups to answer that question.

Re-introduce the product after learning from the failure, and it could be bigger than the original iPod.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_090833.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_090833.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>59549620
Nothing went wrong. Normie's just can't handle it because new stuff makes them uncomfortable. I use mine every day and fucking love them.

>Pic related, it's my Glass
>>
>>59556760
Precede everything that I write with "I think":
You're right about people being done caring about tracking.
You're right about glass being greater than the sum of its parts and speculate that if a smaller company made the product then people would think it was cool and innovative, believing that the smaller company was not making money from selling your biometrics.
It doesn't need forum shills and celeb promotion. We live in an age of the great engineers and other human success stories being understated idols of logic and success. The glass needs Elon Musk, Bill Gates and whatever other CEOs casually using glass to help them get shits done. A desire bias is far more useful than being "convinced" these days. See every kid ever wanting to get into video game "betas" even though they're literally unfinished, broken products whilst upon release games have a 90% flop rate in those same markets.
>>
>>59556880
Honestly I think these things will get you a lot of pussy, not make you a virgin.
"Look at that guy. He's wearing something weird and expensive, we idolise technology, confidence and money, we he's give a fuck how he looks - he's just getting shit done."
Though the colour and plastic look -awful- early 2000s A.F. I'm glad that they don't try to look like penniless hipster glasses.
>>
>>59551056
Can confirm. I tripped over many dicks to get my pair.
>>
>>59556880
i'd paint it black
>>
>>59557111
I almost got the black/charcoal one. But I really like the blue. Not gonna lie, it goes with my eyes and I've got more compliments on the color than when I had my first pair, which were black. Switched to blue when I upgraded from first XE to new version XE-C
>>
>>59557111
Black is for 9 year olds that -want- to look cool and understated.
>>
>>59557215
where did you read that, magic the gathering forums?
>>
>>59557294
No. I've actually been outside. Should you ever brave it, you'll see.
>>
>>59557363
i actually do know quite a bit about fashion and i can tell you that hating on black like that because "it's for little kids" is the kind of attitude that exactly these kids have. to each his own though
>>
>>59549620
did they ever get to production? i've never seen one irl
>>
>>59557906
>i've never seen one irl
I once saw one feminist cunt at a protest for something with one on her head and she was talking to some cop and pointing finger at him. I GTFO and got into the building and never looked back... didn't want to get involved.
>>
>>59549703
I haven't seen a single person wearing earpods in public

Face it, they're a meme, normies hate them and the iPhone 7
>>
>>59558727
>I haven't seen a single person wearing earpods in public
That's coz everyone's shitting on those streets, Pajeet.

Stay mad, stay poor, and don't shit on the street.
>>
>>59558766
I'm not a pajeet I'm American

Airpods are a failure
>>
>>59558777
>I'm not a pajeet I'm American
sure thing. kek'd!
>>
>>59558844
Seriously stop shitposting you apple shill
>>
>>59549716
Bugged me people used them for the pedo, which is built into like every phone...
>>
>>59558973
As soon as you stop shitting on the street, stupid poorfag.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.