[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 50

File: a1Z1ZZR_460s_v1.jpg (57KB, 460x289px) Image search: [Google]
a1Z1ZZR_460s_v1.jpg
57KB, 460x289px
>>
What is the difference between a fast format and a normal one?
>>
>>59547659
Fast just erases the directory of files, full format erases the files themselves too.
>>
>>59547588
I just answered this earlier today. Read your replies. Fast format does not overwrite old data with blank values. It just deletes the file allocation table and creates a new one.
>>
>>59547659
Both options wipe the MFT, but full does a check for bad sectors too.
>>
>>59547710
I see, thanks.
>>
What is a good resource to learn R and statistical packages for R quickly? Trying to take a quick crash course. Udemy? Khan academy?
>>
This is for the OO savvy guys
I have an abstract class to process some stuff that implements the logic of the various ways of receiving stuff to process (e.g reading, receiving a vector etc).
Different subclasses implement just the virtual method to process the stuff
The thing is, I want to parallelize this to make it quicker. What should I do? I thought of another class, a subclass of the abstract one but no matter what I can't keep it DRY.
>>
>>59547749
>but that's false
>>
>>59547785
What exactly do you want to parallelize / make quicker?
>>
If I get a MSI motherboard that says it's 6th/7th gen compatible should I be able to load it up far enough to be able to update the bios using a 7th gen i5?
>>
File: 1459278466224.jpg (96KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
1459278466224.jpg
96KB, 600x776px
I'm sorry for such a consumer whore question but what are the better ruotors in the market today? I'm looking for a decent Au $100 with at least a GiB Ethernet port.
>>
Should I turn my Raspberry Pi2B into a Bitcoin Core node? An i2p node? Or both (or is that too much)?
>>
I'm building my first PC and I've got all the parts and shit coming in.

I haven't bought an OS yet, and I was wondering where I might get one for a decent enough price.
Ideally, I'd want Windows 8, but everywhere I look it's like $120, and I'm not paying that much for it.

Is there anywhere that sells the keys cheaper than that?
Piracy isn't out of the question, but I figured pirated os's raised red flags or didn't work.

I've got a laptop with Windows 8 on it as well, can I just transfer the serial number or something?
I honestly don't know how this shit goes.

[spoiler]I'm only really interested in Windows 8, so please refrain from suggesting other OS's[/spoiler]
>>
File: file.png (165KB, 1920x938px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
165KB, 1920x938px
What does my computer mean by this?
>>
>>59547898
Bitcoin mining is a meme. You pay for fake money with your energy bill.
>>
>>59547588
consolefag problems
>>
File: vintagebill.jpg (93KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vintagebill.jpg
93KB, 400x300px
I did a clean install of Windows 8.1, and it's been checking for updates for about two hours. Is this to be expected?
>>
New 6700K + Maximus VIII Hero started bootlooping, where should I look for the cause?
>>
>>59547927
bullshit the mouse is horrendous in fallout 3
>>
>>59547907
Are you a university student?if so you can get it for free or very cheap depending on your uni.

Also reddit sells some genuine keys for $20
>>
Is there any difference between
apt get install wine winetricks
and
apt get install winetricks
?
>>
>>59547710

Dude what?
>>
>>59548003
Yeah I am a university student.

I'm a GD/3d major and I'm building the pc because my laptop just can't keep up anymore. Graphic related shit is intensive.

My university isn't very big though, so I don't know if they have anything to get it for free.
Where would I look for something like that?

>Also reddit sells some genuine keys for $20
Can you point me where?

Sorry for asking to be spoonfed, I just want this to go right. I'm pretty excited about the pc desu. I've been saving up for a while.
>>
>>59547960
The windows 7, and 8.1 updates servers just fail to connect sometimes while updating. Reminder to un check the temelery updates
>>
>>59547915
That 9GB is either sued by the IGPU or you fucked up with windows install somehow and you cant use the other 9GB.
>>
>>59548031
Wine is a dependency for winetricks, which is basically a bunch of scripts to ease installation of gayms and shit, so no.
>>
>>59547851
most of it ends up being a for loop through an array calling the subclass function for processing the data and storing the result in various ways
this part is what I feel is a classic concurrency problem but I'm not sure where to implement it
>>
>>59548031
one does wine and winetricks one just does winetraick
>>
>>59548077
>>59548093
That's what I thought, but I was told to run with "wine winetricks".....after installing wine. On that note, how's wine2.0? I heard it was still buggy so 1.8 is preferred
>>
>>59548040
Fast erases the data that tells your computer that there's a file in a certain location

Other also actually erases the file
>>
IS 50-60 degrees a bit too spicy for a GPU for extended periods of time, say 2-3 hours?

It's a GTX1070
>>
>>59548054
Not him, which one are they and can they be uninstalled if I missed any,or do I need to clean install again?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x3387px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x3387px
>>59548049
http://onthehub.com/download/free-software/windows-8-pro-for-students/

I got win 8 for free : )
>>
>>59548145
No it's fine for 24/7 for years
>>
>>59548049
/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/
>>
>>59547960
Yes, on w8 and w7 first check is ridiculously slow. You can speed it up by using wsusofline once before searching for updates.
>>
If an online application has a required field that's just labeled "Overview", what should I put in it?
>>
>>59548157
>which ones are they
https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
>can they be uninstalled
yes
>>
Why is USB flash drive speed affected by amount of ram and how do I speed it up in Windows?
I have decent USB 3.0 drive with some portable applications that I use on two almost exactly same machines, but one has 8GB ram while another has only 4GB.
On 4GB machine everything is extremely slow, starting or exiting firefox takes 1 minute, starting gimp takes 3 minutes, turn-based ascii games like doomrl or cataclysm take 20 seconds to process each key input.
On 8GB machine everything works almost as fast as if it was installed on hdd.
I have tried swapping the ram around and confirmed that only amount of memory matters.
I have tried changing device performance and cache settings to no effect.
It does not affect USB HDDs, only flash drives.
It happens on any Windows version from vanilla 7 to up to date 10.
It does not happen in Linux, but I am forced to use Windows at work.
What the fuck is wrong with Windows?
>>
>>59548348
Are you sure the 3.0/3.1 drive is plugged into the 3.0 USB port? It's blue. Also, some 3.0 USB ports aren't on by default, you have to activate them manually to get those lightning fast speeds.
>>
>>59548145
My fermis have been running for 7 years idling at 70C
You're fine,anything above 80c and youll start to have problems
>>
>>59548123
No 'format' command does that, it simply wipes the file table. You're thinking of a wipe tool like shred which does what you described.
>>
If forced to use javascript, what's the best way to keep websites fast/responsive/non bloated?
Share some designs
>>
>>59548308
I'm guessing overview of your personal projects and experience? Idk I haven't seen that in my searches.

Usually it's cover letter, resume and sometimes personal projects. So that's my best guess.
>>
>>59548515
Use umatrix to only allow the javascript you want instead of running everything
>>
>>59548515
Wut how could JavaScript slow down your site unless you have some retarded fucking jQuery plugins.

Stay away from large clunky jQuery plugins
>>
I installed a 32-bit Fedora 25 w/ KDE Plasma on a very shitty laptop and I have to say, Fedora seems fucking stupid. Why the fuck would you have two package managers (yum and dnf) which don't even keep track of what the other manager has installed?
>>
>>59548436
On a machine with 8GB ram flash drive works fast in either 2.0 or 3.0 ports.
On a machine with 4GB ram USB 2.0 HDD works fast but flash drive is slow.
By fast I mean 4-7 seconds to load Firefox, 30 seconds for gimp, instantaneous key press reaction in those games.
CrystalDiskMark shows adequate transfer speeds in all configurations so I guess it's something about IO sync and file caching oddly specific to usb flash drives.
Maybe I should try some of those applications that override OS disk caching tomorrow, but I did not want to use pirated software on a corporate machine.
>>
Should I use in-game AA settings or override the AA with nvidia's control panel?
>>
File: ss (2017-03-23 at 06.24.21).png (5KB, 457x139px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-23 at 06.24.21).png
5KB, 457x139px
>>59548729
Is it MSAA or SSAA?
If I'm not a macro autist about it, will I notice a difference? MSAA is apparently more demanding.
>>
>>59548729
>>59548758
Do it per game, it is likely to fuck up using nvidias override
>>
How to VPN? Any free good ones? Any good ones?
>>
>>59548792
>Free
Defeats the purpose of using one
Check torrentfreak for vpns
Be warned the top page is sponsors so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>59548729
Use in game instead

But here's a really neat trick

Enable MFAA multisample AA gloablly

It reall werks and doubles you MSAA results in applications

So if you enable 2xMSAA in say GTA 5, you'll get 4x results for free
>>
>>59547588
My housemate was looking to get a new pc. I suggested ryzen as I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but then when I googled cpu benchmark comparisons to bring up a list, I couldn't even find ryzen in the top 50 or so cpus. What gives?
>>
>>59548818
Multi-frame AA
>>
File: Untitleddd.png (31KB, 729x401px) Image search: [Google]
Untitleddd.png
31KB, 729x401px
I have 4 powerline adapters, and one is acting up. I've tried a hard reset and uploading the setings from one of the ones that are still working and this shit still shows up.

Is it FUBAR,or is there something else I can do?
>>
Is there any way I can extract the firmware from my router to keep as backup?

the company that made it went bankrupt, and the site where it was sored disapeared without a trace.
>>
can someone recommend a project idea for developing an Android Application, which should use at least one type of OS-related functionality. An OS-related functionality is something related to the Android OS or some type of system call. For example, you can develop a process manager to monitor the processes in the system. I cant think of anything. Help a dumbass out faggot.
>>
I'm too flustered and tired to try making my self-build actually start up, I need to just call a tech support and get them to send someone to figure out all the cords and where they're supposed to go and how to get the Windows 7 disk to run. I'm about ready to take a hammer to the thing, I have legit anger issues, I can't do this shite anymore my handshurt from punching the wall.

The question I need to ask is, who do I call for an okay deal? I know a lot of these places are ripoffs,but relatively speaking which is the least rippy-offyist because I. Can't fucking do this anymore i'm fucking upset dude laugh if you want but I just fuck this shit shouldn't be this hard
>>
>>59549071

It isn't.
>>
File: RemoveWATWindows7-x64.png (68KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
RemoveWATWindows7-x64.png
68KB, 299x300px
Someone has a Mediafire link or can upload a legit copy?
Lost mine after years and don't trust all these hoax sites out there.
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 723x198px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 723x198px
huge faggot here that lurks twitter for news without an account. The button for showing graphic content is gone, used to be you could click on that and see it. Been like this for a few weeks on all pages.

Am I being extorted to making a shitty egg account and actually log in?
>>
>>59549318
>removeWAT
Is this 2009? use daz loader. replacing the activation with an authenticated certificate is WAY better than removing the WAT.
>>
Whats the best place to buy parts to repair TV's? I found a power supply replacement for my TV that's buzzing but i've never heard of this site before.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghouse-seiki-bl-op416001a-power-supply-unit.htm#
>>
>>59549367
last time daz killed my ability to boot into Win and Linux.
Nope.
>>
>>59549297
Well then im jist stupid or something huh cant get a goddamn hard drive deplacemmt with and ssd
Oh its judy list legos
Justlike legos
Fuck you legos doesn't refuse to be a goddamn house acteryou followed the directions but you didn't suck its house balls
>>
File: 1490302829057.png (345KB, 487x694px) Image search: [Google]
1490302829057.png
345KB, 487x694px
Is the ryzen meme worth it?
>>
>>59549421
not if you're upgrading from skylake or kabylake, unless you either have a lot of disposable income or have another use for the intel build like HTPC. maybe you want to encode/render video a couple minutes faster?
>>
>>59548083
Does the processing of an element relate to other elements? If not, you can treat the array as a work queue and have the threads do each independently. You'll only need a single lock for the "pop" so it should be fairly efficient. If they are related, can you rearrange the problem/data structures so they can be? If not, well there are some problems that are basically impossible to parallelize efficiently.
>>
>>59548477
Many format commands do that, but usually not by default. It's an option you need to enable.. What dedicated wipe tools specialize in is doing advanced wipes like multiple passes, alternating passes of all 1's and 0's, random data, etc.
>>
>>59548980
Not from the GUI. You may be able could crack the case, solder some pins to the JTAG and read the firmware over serial. Honestly if this was within your abilities you probably wouldn't be asking about it here. You're more likely to brick your device than get the firmware.
>>
>>59549421
>hmm I have this CPU I won't be using anymore. Should I sell it for some nice money?
>nah, I'll just destroy it and post pics for the lolz and be e-famous for a couple days

AMDrones are truly retarded.
>>
>>59549383
To be fair, stupid people can't do Lego either.
>>
>>59549344
Yup
>>
Why don't they make CPU cores a lot bigger?
>>
>>59549375
>TV repair
Is this the 1960's?
>>
>>59549702
Combination of the speed of light and voltage leaks. Gigahertz timing is in nanoseconds and an electrical pulse doesn't travel that far in a nanosecond. If you make them bigger, you'd have to slow the clock so things don't get out of sync. Also the longer the the charge has to go, the more electricity leaks and the more resistance there is in the paths which reduces efficiency and increase heat output.
>>
>>59547872
make your own
>>
>>59549769
Is that why high-end CPUs have been stagnated at 4-5GHz? Are they not capable enough to reach more just yet?
>>
>>59549634
>implying he didn't take a dead CPU and claim it was perfectly functional for quick risk free internets
>implying he didn't stick swap lids on a i5-6400 and a celeron for lulz before doing this
think anon. think.
>>
>>59547872
Don't know what the market in Australia is like but in the US, $100 is hit and miss for routers.
>>
>>59549826
We need materials that can have working transistors at lower voltages

The reason you need to increase voltages when overclocking is because 0s start otherwise being confused with 1s
>>
Is there a decent password manager out there that won't auto upload all my shit to the company's cloud which will inevitably become compromised at some point?
>>
>>59549874
So what's gonna happen to CPUs once the lithography caps? We're at like 10nm now, right?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170323-215848.png (97KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-215848.png
97KB, 1080x1920px
How do I stop myself from being cucked like this? I have Adaway and am rooted, but I dunno how to get around this bullshit.
>>
I'm setting up Windows 10 for casual use and because the computer came with it. Later I'm going to install debian, but I need help with this.

I downloaded mpv as the /g/ wiki suggests it for video on Windows. How do I make it the default for video files? I found the default programs thing in windows and can change it to installed programs, but all I can find for mpv is a 7z with the program in it. Because of this Windows does not recognize it as an app. Is there a way I can install it or make Windows recognize that I have it or do I have to install something else so I don't have to open mpv before the video every time.
>>
>>59549901
7nm is where the cap seemingly is with current technologies

There's some ideas about 5nm but nothing working has been done at least yet

Then there's some materials that can support working transistors at way lower voltages, the meme one is the graphene alloy one, apparently migh allow like 100-1000GHz, don't know if that's for whole CPUs
>>
>>59549952
you can usually just disable it in the source
>>
>>59549952
>erroneously blocked by ad-blocking software
lel
>>
File: shit internet.jpg (520KB, 1470x1190px) Image search: [Google]
shit internet.jpg
520KB, 1470x1190px
I don't understand this shit.

I use Cox Cable. Most of the time everything works fine, but some times, every few months, my upload speeds drop to 0, time after time after time.

I have no fucking idea what's causing it. I've had at least 4 of Cox's "technicians" (which are almost always dumb as bricks black guys who have no fucking idea what they're going) come out and fix nothing time after time after time. Last time I got a guy sent out, 2 days ago, the internet miraculously decided to work perfectly fine for the duration he was over at our house, and yet again it's fucking up once more, said they were getting a guy to run a tap on the line or something in 48 hours but it's past that and the problems are back again.

My question is, what the fuck could be causing this type of thing to happen? Most of the time only my upload speed seems to be effected. I'm relatively certain it's not my modem or my router, as I've had the modem replaced multiple times thinking it was the cause to no avail.

I'm also having extremely high packet loss as well. I can't even take speedtests right now because they literally won't finish, the upload speed is so low that it just sits around 0-0.1 and never ends.

Cox is basically of no help here. Every "technician" they send out is a retard and just bumbles around until they decide to leave without getting shit done. The only other thing I can think of is that the house has a large amount of splitters and whatnot, but my signal is supposedly good, or at least the last tech said that it was fine.

This shit is infuriating. Can't even upload an image to 4chan
>>
File: Screenshot_20170323-220432.png (63KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-220432.png
63KB, 1080x1920px
>>59549986
The problem is that I can't just whitelist an app, it gives me something like this with an entry field
>>
>>59549826
>>59549874
The transistors are part of it, but the speed of light is the main reason. Electricity travels about 9in/23cm in a wire in a nanosecond. At 5Ghz the clock is ticking every 0.2 nanoseconds, so the signal can only travel 1.8in/4.5cm per tick. That means every signal in the processor has to get from where it's start to where ever it's going in that distance. It sounds easy until you consider that the paths aren't straight from A to B, because the CPUs are densely packed and it will likely have to twist and turn all around the CPU to get there. This is why you start have stability issues at when you crank the overclock. Signals don't arrive in time, the CPU does weird things, and the computer crashes.
>>
Are there projects that a programming newbie can contribute to?
>>
>>59550064
Your own, maybe a friend if someone is at about the same level as you, but mostly your own.
>>
>>59549702
Latency.

The point is to make them smaller and more efficient.
>>
>>59550058
Not at 5GHz, hence why you can OC a world record 8GHz with liquid helium and stupid voltages
>>
>>59550064
>https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/
my teacher used this for the Software Engineering class
>>
>>59550027
Here's another example just ran three tests in a fucking row, look at this shit. Shit upload and slower download one minute, the next everything's fine and working as intended, the next shit upload and download again. This makes no sense.
>>
>>59547966
Faulty extension cord was the issue.
>>
Hey /sqt/
I'm trying to share my tethered LTE cell phone connectionwirelessly to my Xbox. I have pdanet and clockwordmod tether apps that get the connection to my laptop, but can't figure out how to either hotspot from the win10 based laptop or bridge the tethered connection to my laptops wifi adapter. I would just use my hotspot within the phone, but my provider limits it, whereas the tethered connection is full and unlimited. I've tried different apps on android but only luck, figured there might be a way to share it like you can with piggy backing another wifi source/repeater.

tl:dr - is there a way to bridge a tethered Internet connection, to my wifi adapter, to share my LTE tethered connection via wifi
tl:dr
>>
>>59549702
With the size of the core the temperature and the chance of a faulty logical gate in it rise real fast.
>>
>>59550058
Doesn't a tick mean that a 1 just gets carried over to the next transistor which is very close? This fits the thread
>>
>>59550064
Yes and no. If you've learned to program and you want to expand you horizons, projects almost always welcome small bug fixes and improvements. But if you are still learning the basics, then probably not. Open source projects are done by volunteers and they probably don't have time to teach you the basics and hold your hand.
>>
>>59550167
Meant 1 or 0 but still
>>
>>59550110
I didn't say 5Ghz was impossibe, it just makes the numbers nice (e.g. 0.2ns). Crazy voltage helps the leading edge of the signal trigger correctly but at the high enough clock rate, no part of the signal will arrive so voltage won't help you.
>>
>>59550203
What's about a high enough voltage?
>>
>>59550239
I meant clock speed
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (167KB, 1128x851px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
167KB, 1128x851px
>>59547588
Is there any way to declutter my documents folder? Every game creates their own folder to put their garbage data in instead of placing it in the "my games" folder that every reasonable game uses. EA is especially bad seeing as how they have their own publisher folder yet still have games that make their own folder outside of it
>>
>>59550299
Stop installing games in /MyDocuments you idiot
>>
>>59549975
nvm, I'm a retarded nigger who needs to learn how to read
>>
>>59550320
You're the retard if you believe that's what's happening. The documents folder is where most games put their saves and binaries and shit
>>
>"setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (ja_JP.UTF-8): No such file or directory"

what do?
>>
>>59550167
No. Transistors are continuous, but you can have logic gates built out of transistors that do this. You don't want to do this all the way across the processor because then it slows everything down and you have to increase the clock rate just to get to get the same performance and you use a lot more transistors to implement this all. The clock is all about letting the signals propagate across the processor and all those interacting transistors get into a stable state before the data is synchronized by the clock at the "ends" but not in the "middle".
>>
>>59550265
Not sure. It would depend on the exact processor. I'd guess 8Ghz is pushing it.
>>
>>59550155
You're already introducing enough lag as it is, I wouldn't throw wifi in there. Just run ethernet from your laptop to your xbone. Also your provider might block ports.
>>
I recently switched from Windows Phone (lol) to Android. I have some cheap LG Android phone. It's mostly fine, maps work a lot better, but the constant alerts are driving me insane.

Three questions:
1. How do I make calls/texts trigger vibration/sounds but nothing else (email, gchat, etc.) trigger vibration/sounds, but still have a visual indicator.

2. How do I mute specific people so that I still get their texts but I don't receive any notification whatsoever about them?

3. Some alerts are seemingly un-dismissable, like something that periodically tells me my keyboard is provided by LG or something to that effect. There are also incredibly frequent alerts that inform me that I can use wifi calling, and I don't care. These are all irritating, how do I make them go away permanently?
>>
How anon is paypal? Trying to buy drugs and a lil parinoid of it being traced
>>
>>59550389
Not at all
>>
File: uAuOk3g[1].png (105KB, 1084x953px) Image search: [Google]
uAuOk3g[1].png
105KB, 1084x953px
See pic related. File explorer says I use 26GB less than the disk says I do. How do I fix this?

Also I already disabled indexing on the SSD.
>>
>>59550299
I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this shit. It infuriates me to no end that there's not a standardized system for games to place their saves / whatnot in the same exact goddamn folder. Instead you have multiple games doing different shit and I have no idea how to change it.
>>
>>59550418
What would you recommend fuckboy
>>
>>59550389
>How anon is paypal?
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>59550476
>>59550299
I resolve this by never looking at the Documents folder. I keep all my non-OS/program files on my D:\ drive so I can organize things however I want and Windows/programs can do whatever crazy shit they want on C:\.
>>
>>59550389
bitcoin is the answer
>>
File: Capture.jpg (62KB, 740x860px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
62KB, 740x860px
>>59550027
>>59550129
Anyone help?

Look at this shit, not working 1 minute, next it's what it should be, then 15 seconds later it's broken again.

What the fuck could be causing this shit?
>>
File: 1459116154307.gif (700KB, 460x268px) Image search: [Google]
1459116154307.gif
700KB, 460x268px
>>59550487
>>
What are the possible reasons I can't tell my computer to go to sleep. The only choices are shut down and restart. In "power options > system settings I can't open the "change settings that are currently unavailable" link.
>>
So what's my issue and how do I fix it

I havent changed anything but currently I can only open websites if I type HTTPS first. It wasnt doing this yesterday. If I try to open a website without it, I get 'Connection has reset' or 'connection timeout' after a while of loading

Can't open Ebay at all because it doesnt use https yet. It's not just my computer, does the same shit on my phone and tablet
>>
>>59550504
You're right, it's what I do too but sometimes I need to visit the documents folder and it really ruffles my autism to see it so cluttered. The only real option is to just simply use the hide function I suppose
>>
>>59550515
pretty sure my coke dealer dosen't take paypal
>>
>>59550579
bitcoin isnt paypal
>>
>>59550563
open cmd and type powercfg -requests

post what comes up
>>
Speaking of sleeping, my new pc keeps waking up in the early morning.

Is my housemate's rustling jostling my mouse or is there some setting in windows 8.1 that has an automatic wake up time?
>>
>>59550579
What a fucking loser
>>
File: 1487941591575.jpg (5KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1487941591575.jpg
5KB, 297x275px
>>59550579
>>
File: 42750015.jpg (602KB, 890x1362px) Image search: [Google]
42750015.jpg
602KB, 890x1362px
Are there beginner resources for learning Ada?
>>
>>59550667
Make sure your network card isn't allowed to wake the PC. I had an issue where it was waking up due to that.
>>
What's the best way to rip audio from 20+ minute youtube videos?

>>59550825
I'd like to know as well.
>>
>>59550915
youtube-dl + ffmpeg if you need to crop.
>>
>>59550889
I'll check it out, thanks dude.
>>
File: 20170323_232110.jpg (68KB, 1228x1299px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_232110.jpg
68KB, 1228x1299px
>>59550615
Sorry for the picture, the PC isn't hooked up to the internet. I'm guessing the Legacy Kernel Caller is the problem here, but what do I do about it?
>>
>>59550615
>>59550973
I think I've managed to work it out, thanks for the help.
>>
Looking to replace my 14 year old plasma, budget of $1000-1500.Needs to be atleast 50inch
>>
I need to download something real quick. What is a good torrent website. I haven't used torrents in ages, but Piratebay and Kickass look like they've been fucked sideways in the last couple years. And there is a billion copies of them now, which I don't trust.
>>
>have moto z
>use swiftkey
>had it for 4 months and still mistype shit all the time

>friend hands me his iphone 7 to type my email
>keyboard instantly feels perfect and no mistypes

how can i replicate this feeling on my moto z? whats the closest keyboard?
>>
>>59551175
Offical site
https://katcr.co
>>
>>59548040
Fast format is like burning a phone book. Just because you can't locate/call anyone doesn't mean people don't exist anymore.

Low level formating constits in writing zeroes to every sectors of the disk.

A quick and easy way to acheive this without wiping the whole dirve is to create an empty file, and write zeroes in it until the drive is full. Thus every unused space (and potentially unlinked files) will be overwritten, and you keep the filesystem and every other "active" files in it.
>>
File: 1458226462108.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1458226462108.png
281KB, 535x466px
I have an idea for creating an online multiplayer board game that people can "control" with their smartphones. Basically, a computer would serve as the "bigger screen," and the smartphones would be controllers. Players connect to the server and play. All they would be doing is pressing buttons on their phones to roll dice and perform actions.

What would be the best approach to doing this? I'm thinking making it a web app so the game can be accessed through web browsers regardless of the device the user has (iPhone or Android) and using a combo of Node.js, CSS, HTML, and various other things I might need. Is there anything I'm missing, or a better approach?
>>
>>59547588
Is "early console in decompress_kernel" something I should be concerned about?
>>
I'm looking at the viability of resurrecting some old pagers for simple message reception. Specifically, setting up a broadcast network in legal public frequencies and sending small 128 bit encrypted packages to be decrypted by the devices they were designed for. I don't own a proper cell tower or anything, but pagers were able to get by at 10x the distance to towers we now rely on, and only received tiny amounts of data. Is this doable as long as traffic is kept very low (myself and whomever I give a pager with modified receiver to), is it cool, is it secure from muh phone providers, and could modern devices reasonably pick up the same signals with only slightly modified hardware?
To clarify, I'm almost positive that I'll never do this, but rather I'm interested in the possibility.
>>
>>59550355
h-help
>>
whats the best CPU match for the RX460??
>>
>>59549880
notepad?
>>
File: 1480832942702.jpg (65KB, 639x465px) Image search: [Google]
1480832942702.jpg
65KB, 639x465px
I'm quitting windows 10 after tons of shit, but yet i use it for all my work, what is the best way to do a backup to an external drive while still being able to run my programs with WINE?
>>
>>59547588
how do i hack into a windows pc ?
>>
File: 1478416937212.jpg (49KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
1478416937212.jpg
49KB, 960x541px
>>59552027
metasploit, do your own research for how to use it.
>>
Can someone explain to me why .djvu is not better in every way for reading scanned documents on a computer? Why is it not more popular? The wikipedia page might be misleading me, but it seems like it's:

>smaller
>has an OCR text layer
>is an open file format

Am I making a mistake by reading books an .djvu, and missing out on some big feature of .pdf I'm not aware of?
>>
What types of CAPTCHA are there? I miss the old text-based CAPTCHA.
>>
>>59552386
turn on legacy captcha you blind faggot
>>
>>59550155
Done that already

Tether phone to laptop, then select the ethernet and the phones connection, right click, bridge.

That'll do ya
>>
>>59547588
/pol/ reporting we have an encrypted photo, can /g/ please help us take a peak and translate for us
>>>/pol/118049160
>>
Can you still access the internet on a laptop with windows 98 installed?
>>
>>59552477
Yes and no. You can access the web, but you can't get any modern browsers to install on 98. So you're probably stuck with IE, which doesn't display modern web pages properly anymore.
>>
File: asfasf.png (114KB, 282x380px) Image search: [Google]
asfasf.png
114KB, 282x380px
I'm trying to install Ubuntu, one of the simplest tasks you can do, that I have done a hundred times in the past. This time however it just will not work. I've tried both regular Ubuntu and Ubuntu Gnome and every time I can get to the screen where I can choose if I want to install it or just try it out first, and when I choose install it goes to a black screen with my monitor's power button blinking as if it wasn't connected to anything.

I'm not the most experienced person with Linux, I only ever use it for fun or when I want to take a break from gaming, but every time I've installed it, it worked without a problem at all. I already just want to stick with windows after hours of this not working but I refuse to give up, does anyone have any idea where this is going wrong?
>>
>>59552501
did you try installing it on usb and booting it that way?
>>
>>59552516
Yes, I've been doing it from a usb
>>
Quick question. I made a tree to load up all words in a dictionary into. Each level of the tree the next char in the word. If I call delete on the *letters member which is a CharNode, will delete recursively call the Destructor for each and every *letter in the array.

Class:
class CharNode {
//Members
private:
CharNode *myRoot;
CharNode *letters[26];
char data;
}

Destructor:
CharNode::~CharNode()
{
delete myRoot;
for (int k = 0; k < 26; k++)
delete letters[k];
}

So I am calling delete on each letter pointer in the array. Will delete keep calling the destructor and perfectly manage all of my memory, or is this wishful thinking and I'm going to have to write some recursive method to be used in the destructor to handle it?
>>
>>59552529
Did you do something in BIOS that you haven't done in the past that is preventing the installation of non-windows OSes?
>>
>>59550524
If it's your upload speed being affected, you're being throttled. COX is cocks as an ISP.
>>
File: shield.png (411KB, 414x712px) Image search: [Google]
shield.png
411KB, 414x712px
Hu? Why I have this shield on this icon?
I'm the only user, and administrator.
I didn't even installed anything new recently.
>>
>>59552611
I haven't changed anything in the BIOS since the last time I had Ubuntu installed
>>
What is the cheapest AM3+ APU?
>>
How much faster on average is Intel HD 4000 compared to HD 3000? Specifically, with regards to laptop chips.
>>
is it possible to just use the turn by turn audio navigation tool on google maps on an iphone 6 say, without the physical map popping up and using the screens battery life? it drains my power extremely fast.
>>
Is there a tool I can feed emails to so it can come up with rules to filter them out?
>>
Hey, /g/uys.
After updating to ssd, fresh installing win7 and latest drivers, my 980 started to heat up to 100C. What can I do? To be honest, I think it even started to perform worse in Total Warhammer.
>>
>>59553459
Sounds like you fucked something up inside your case
>>
>update gpu drivers
>PC doesn't detect monitor for 30+ minutes

Is this a windows 10 thing?
>>
>>59553523
Well, I did fuck up: plugged USB into FireWire but motherboard was cleaned and checked. It's been fine for a long time. The Warhammer overheat started yesterday.
>>
>>59547659
fast format: erases only the small amount of data which identifies the volume, making it appear blank despite still mostly being there
normal/full format: erases the entire volume, making recovery impossible and also scrubbing out any possible bad sectors as a side-effect
>>
>>59549318
here's one i've tested
https://my.mixtape.moe/iksdeu.7z

>>59549367
removewat works fine here, survives sysprep, updates work fine, functions on both mbr and uefi setups
any reason not to use it?
>>
>>59553858
This is a sfw board, you cuck. Enjoy your ban.
>>
File: Spectre_Saf_Gallery_zoom1.jpg (35KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Spectre_Saf_Gallery_zoom1.jpg
35KB, 1000x562px
Which laptop should I go for? Prices in Canadian dollars:

$400
Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook laptop (2013)
Intel Core i7 3.1ghz
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
256gb msata ssd
1080p display

OR

$900
HP Spectre (late 2016)
6th generation Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor
13.3" diagonal FHD(39) IPS UWVA BrightView-Corning Gorilla Glass WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
8 GB LPDDR3-1600 SDRAM
256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Sorry for bullshit formatting, copying from ads.
>>
>>59554044

I really like the look of the spectre, even if it is a bit flashy.
>>
Can anyone post a full working snippet js code on how to get, and embed, a single random image from flickr fitting given tags?
I've read their API up and down and I can't figure it out how to do it at all, all I managed to do in the past was getting a bunch of random images from a specified gallery page from a specified user, but I can't even recreate that now.
>>
>>59547927
DayZ has this problem. I've accidentally chugged a lot of gasoline while trying to open doors.
>>
Is there an Android keyboard with a layout identical to the Google one, but that doesn't log my keystrokes for the botnet, and wont learn frequently typed words, such as my password for work (which I CAN'T DELETE FROM THE SUGGESTIONS) or my alternate username I use for porn sites?
>>
>>59551456
You could just ask people to put their balls right in the microwave. It would save time.
>>
>>59554231
>wont learn frequently typed words, such as my password for work (which I CAN'T DELETE FROM THE SUGGESTIONS)
I have literally never seen an android keybpard saving frequently typed words from password input boxes, never once.
I use swiftkey and even it never learned any password, and you can delete the entire learned words and suggestion at any given time.

Really, keyboards learning ANYTHING at all from secured input boxes is something i never seen or heard before
>>
>>59551456
you have the right idea, but the lack of knowledge of even the names of these technologies suggest that actually making something that works well might be out of your reach
it might be worth looking into hiring someone to do the actual implementation for you
>>
Do you think the fact that my cat used to occasionally knock my external hard drive over while it was running made it die faster?

It hadn't happened any time near the time it suddenly stopped working but I am conflicted. For now I have used a couple of command strips to attach wide plastic feet onto the bottom of the replacement in the hopes this will prevent it from happening again.
>>
Is it possible to dig up photos somebody deleted from facebook?
>>
Is life really worth living?
>>
>>59547918
>mining
>node
What are you not understanding?
>>
Whats the best media player that isn't VLC or MPC?
>>
I want to select several areas in some image so selected areas could be cropped and saved in different files.
Is there such image editor? Preferrably under Windows.
>>
>>59554260
Yeah, it has me confused too, especially the bit about not being able to drag the suggestion and remove it. But it 100% definitely learned it from the password box, it won't even suggest it elsewhere, only in the password box on my employer's website. It's the only place I've ever typed that particular password too. Not even a Chrome thing it's in a properly configured Firefox.
>>
>>59554349
mpv
>>
>>59554297
Yes it's possible, especially when they get knocked around while running.
A lot of hard drives are just shit though, especially a lot of the ones manufacturers stick in their external drive things.
Was it the actual drive that died?
I've had the USB controller board in the enclosure break but was able to take the actual drive out and use it.
Anyway, I keep mine unplugged to extend it's life indefinitely.
>>
Why does it matter which order I do this in?

Route::post('/posts/delete', 'PostsController@delete');
Route::post('/posts/{id}', 'CommentController@newComment');

somehow my /posts/delete calls up newComment if I put it before the delete route

wait a sec, just realized.. {id} matches 'delete' too? is that's what's going on?
>>
>>59554375
>But it 100% definitely learned it from the password box, it won't even suggest it elsewhere, only in the password box on my employer's website.
If it only happens in that specific password boxand not in others(did it ever save other passwords you typed in other password input boxes?), then it's their site fault, not your keyboard, is the way the input box is set that makes it so the text typed in it can or can't be saved for suggestions
>>
>>59554237
>>
Which partitions of my nexus 5 should i format as f2fs?
>>
>>59554419
Yeah, tested it after reinstalling inside my case and still didn't work, thing is dead.

Speaking of which, is the old (now empty) enclosure worth keeping? Figure I could install a drive in it some day if I feel like it, but not sure if it would be better to just buy a proper one when the time comes.
>>
>>59550299
Install gentoo.
>>
>>59547588
What can I do with a copy of Windows Server 2012 R2 in a VM at home?

We use it in labs all of the time in uni, I figured there was something cool I could do myself but I can't really think of anything that can't be done with a non-server OS.
>>
>>59550445
Looks like you have 16GB RAM in your computer.
You'll know what I meant with that if you think about it.
>>
I got a motherboard providing a dedicated iPMI RJ45 connector.

How do I access it ?
Laptop directly plugged in ?
>>
File: 0.png (5KB, 236x43px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
5KB, 236x43px
How is that font called?
>>
File: hyberloob.webm (40KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
hyberloob.webm
40KB, 720x403px
I got two 640gb hard-drives for free, any good RAID enclosures for a network drive?
>>
>>59554771
probably Franklin Gothic
>>
I want to dual boot Windows 7 on my Macbook Air.

Made a bootable USB, used my real official actually bought by me product key from the boxed copy.

It works, but I'd like to get the updates. Unfortunately when I try to update it just hangs there, like all day.

Any ideas? I know I'm getting connectivity.
>>
You ever look at a good job posting and when you look at their small company about page and the group pictures of their employees, feel like you'll never belong there? And start feeling worse about yourself.
>>
File: 28e68def5d0ac20e7f6c5f74bde467ff.png (312KB, 1173x471px) Image search: [Google]
28e68def5d0ac20e7f6c5f74bde467ff.png
312KB, 1173x471px
>>59547588
what would've been a better monitor to buy? I was able to get my hands on an old dell u2410f for under 100 usd, but after scrounging the internet for cheap monitors I found this piece of plastic for $120. Would it have been better if I went with the sceptre?
>>
Are dust filters shit?
>>
File: 64.jpg (770KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
64.jpg
770KB, 1500x2000px
Got 3 free mikrotiks from work, currently have a mikrotik at home, is basic router doing Nat and DHCP
I want to use these new 3 routers as wireless APs (better wifi), I figure 3 should nicely cover 2.4 and I can dot them around my house
So my basic steps in configuration was to assign them each static IPs, disable NAT and DHCP and bridge in eth0 so it just shares everything, then set the ssid and pass to the same thing on all, disable wifi on my current mikrotik

Problem is they're fucking gay
Acting erratically and just dropping off the network (even if I plug an Ethernet right into it it won't show up), and I have to reset them and start again. I managed to get one of them working as intended following those steps but when I switched from Ethernet to wifi it shat the bed and had to be reset.

Any ideas? Is my methodology wrong? Am I forgetting something?

My networking knowledge is all self taught/picking it up on the job so no bully plz
>>
>>59554771
possibly AG Book Std Black
>>
File: serveimage.png (36KB, 1100x615px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
36KB, 1100x615px
I want to stream movies over torrent. What's the best alternative to this now?

I also tried to find this software itself, but since its death there has been many versions and I don't know which is the best.
>>
Why is discord so much more popular than mumble?
>>
>>59554946
update it and check the power supply. Most mikrotik problems happen because of a shitty power brick
>>
File: vmware.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vmware.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
VirtualBox vs Vmware
Which one is better and which one should I use and why?
>>
>>59555276
KMS through qemu
>>
How would you display blog posts on a PHP page from ones saved in a folder?
>>
>>59555276
Vmware.
> Better 3D
> Faster performance
> Process priority
> 1000 more features
> It just werks and it's bloody good

Why not vmware:
> It costs money

If you virtualize only Windows on Windows, Hyper-V is also cool, great performance.

>>59555297
qemu is only good for headless operation, even with SPICE, 2D/3D is virtually non existent. it's just not suitable for desktop work.
>>
>>59555232
uTorrent?
Not many options.

>>59555250
Normies.
Not like they would use Discord more than Mumble. Mumble/TS/Ventrilo had dedicated communities where people actually talked, had fun.

On Discord people go up and 99% just idle or do nothing.

>>59555445
Open file in PHP, read content and shit it out inside some formatted html tag? What's the question, lol?
>>
>>59554868
Uhm my companies had good looking male and female workers, yet we also had shit smelling neckbeard fucks (don't know why they didn't fire them). So there is no such thing as "won't fit".

>>59554927
> Does it have your output?
> Does it have more warranty?

That's all you need.

>>59554843
Windows 7 updates are mostly broken today.
You need different "convenience rollups" and stuff to fix it, but even like that you can fuck up.
Just use Windows 10. (Not kidding.)

>>59554942
No? They filter dust?

>>59554791
Just google NAS and the cheapest ones will have 2 slots usually.
>>
>>59554686
Well it's literally a Windows 8.1 so I don't know.
Maybe ASP web stack? MS SQL? .NET shit?

>>59554359
[X] Doubt

>>59554325
Depends.

>>59554314
If they were public, try all engines and include various url snippets and whatnot, maybe you will find a few pics.

>>59554044
Only you know what you would need.
I would buy the 400$ laptop just because they won't last that long anyhow, and they roughly do the same...
>>
>>59555531
> [X] Doubt
Under any other platform?
>>
>>59553445
Sounds like a spam filter, such as "spamassassin" or any other.
You feed them "spam" and "ham" and ...that's how they filter.

>>59553217
> iphone
no.
Maybe in the JB store.

>>59552929
Both piss slow.
(I have the 4000 series, it runs games on 5-10 fps if at all.)

>>59552718
It just means it will run as administrator.
Right click prop, compatibility tab.
>>
>>59555504
>No? They filter dust?
What about them choking the air flow?
>>
Why isn't this PHP script working?
Trying to see if a folder is empty, but this doesn't return anything.
$dir = "/entry_files/";
foreach($dir as $val) {
scandir($val);
}

The entry_files folder is in the same directory as this PHP file, and there is a single txt file in the folder but it isn't showing it.
>>
>>59552501
It's something about your display/gpu/monitor.
When the boot menu appears, you can select a "low resolution" mode to boot. "VGA" or something like that, try that first.

If not, press CTRL+ALT+F1-F6 (F6 maybe) and you will see what the live image is doing atm. Maybe it's some other problem.

>>59551456
To be honest most game engines (such as Unity) would allow you to push your shit to any platform.

>>59551217
Google Keyboard and "AI Type" that came close to me.

>>59551155
Whatever you find.
All have the same chink panels and shit.
I would not buy a "Smart" model either, because they don't know much more either.

Friend has a modern full SMART Samsung - I have a (not so) Smart Samsung. We use 0% of these "smart" features.
Like you want Netflix? Use Chromecast.
You want to show content on it? Chromecast.
And so on.

>>59550570
Your router sounds fucked up?
Also try switching DNS.
>>
>>59555472
> Hyper-V
Can it run Windows 98 and Direct3D for my retro games?
Nvm, I already googled it and it seem to be possible to install Win98 and have some Direct3D features working.
>>
>>59555577
Amended it to try and print but still doesn't do anything.
$dir = "/entry_files/";
scandir($dir);
foreach($dir as $val) {
print ($val);
}
>>
What's the consensus on the dell Inspiron line? Can't afford an XPS and consumer laptops largely seem like ass. Toshiba satellite crapped out on me so I need something more durable.
>>
Windows 10 is on my SSD, I am buying a new faster SSD and want the new SSD (SSD 2) to have the operating system on it. Is there a way to simply "copy" everything over to the new SSD or do I have to install everything from scratch?
>>
>>59555696
clonezilla
>>
>>59554771
http://fontinuse.blogspot.co.nz/p/windows-2000-logo-font.html says it's Franklin Gothic Heavy and Light.
>>
>>59555668
They're generally pretty good. Also consider Thinkpad or Elitebook line, look for reviews of the particular model.
>>
>>59555668
>Inspiron
Cheap consumer laptops. Don't expect much. Do not get anything <$500.
>>
>>59555668
>>59555768
Inspiron is dell consumer line

>bussines lines are:
Dell Latitude
Lenovo Thinkpad
HP Probook/Elitebook
Toshiba Tecra
>>
I want to clear a form in HTML when the "Reset" button is pressed, and the user confirms it in a JavaScript confirm window.

When I click cancel though, it still resets it.
How would I fix this? Through JS or HTML?
>>
>>59555668
Dell Inspiron mini 10 here. When it was new and ran XP it was shit.
>>
>>59555668
>>59555838
Also watch out for budget """business""" lines.
>>
>have knowledge of C++
>up to pointers
please recommend me a book so that I can move on from being L2 support (networking) I wanna get back into /prog/
>>
>>59555869
you want to get in to being a code monkey?
>>
>>59555869
C++: The Complete Reference

It's long, but has literally everything you need. Plus it works both as reading cover-to-cover or just finding parts that you want.
>>
>>59554758
plug it in to a router so that it can (possibly) grab an IP so that you can scan it from your laptop
if not you gonna have to switch the mobo on and go into the BIOS to set the IP
or you could just run a dhcp server on your laptop and plug it in directly. of course in all cases your motherboard has to be powered
>>
>>59554843
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Agent-d824badc
>>
>>59555882
I can't have a sideline being in an SI company. I wanna be rich too yaknoe
>>59555890
Thanks will look into it
>>
What's the best windows program for video and voice chat, for the privacy-minded individual? I'm sick of qTox's buggy interface.

Bonus points if there's no signup needed.
>>
>>59555840
I managed to do it by having the button as a regular type of button instead of a reset button, and then using JS to clear or not.

Is this the proper way of doing it? Is there a better way? Or does it not matter?
>>
>>59555504
so you never worry about how you're going to zone out in front of them thinking about the embarrassment that you're eventually going to experience?
>>
I'm currently using shopify I have 60 people I need to order for what's the best way to handle this situation? Is there a program I could write or something I could use to automate this? Or at least make it much simpler than inputting their shipping address manually?
>>
>>59555941
telegram/wire if you're not paranoid
tox/linphone if you're tinfoil tier
>>
>>59550027
It could be caused by a number of things, but I will try to explore the options you can mostly do yourself:
- Check to see if you're using the correct cable outlet, sometimes additional cable outlets are sprtead around the house. You want to find the first one that connects directly to the oputside and make sure your modem is connected there. This might be a hassle, but you can try it for testing purposes before figuring out how to set it up there permanently.
- Switch out the coax cable for a new one
- Complete factory reset of the modem, usually by pressing a little button inside a pinhole for about a minute (make sure the modem is powered on when you do this)

If this doesn't work:
- Have your isp swap out your modem.
- A Bandpass filter might be needed if there is something affecting the frequency, like a radio tower nearby. Your isp will need to take care of this
- Lastly if nothing helps you, you should keep calling your ISP untill they get their act together and fix the service you're paying them for.
>>
>>59547588
I have a AMD Radeon graphics card which may be not supported by Ubuntu 16.04.
What should I do? Will upgrading to Ubuntu 16.10 or downgrading to 14.04 solve the issue? If yes, will it work as good as the graphics card works on Windows? Also will have to configure my computer or will the system work perfectly after upgrading or downgrading?

Am I damaging my computer by not using a OS supporting the graphics card?
Also my laptop takes like ~50 seconds to boot? Is that because of the incompatible graphics card?
>>
What is a good printer for a home that only prints a few pages a week?
>>
is there any way to download files directly to a cloud drive, not through my own connection first?
I want to take advantage of MS giving me 100GB on onedrive by uploading movies and using it for Plex Cloud but my 1mbps upload speed is killing it for me.
>>
>>59556130
The cheapest Brother laser printer you can pick up new.
>>
Does CSS affect elements that are embedded in PHP?
So:
<p>World!</p>
<?php
print "<p>Hello!</p>;
?>

Would a CSS rule affect both of the <p> elements or only the one outside of the PHP?
>>
how can avoid pop-ups from this page:
http://www.300mbfilms.co/legion-s01e07-720p-hdtv-300mb-nitro

ABP isn't working neither uBlock

Thank you.
>>
File: 1451032354549.jpg (82KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451032354549.jpg
82KB, 478x720px
What would happen if I plugged a device that needs 0.5A to a charger that provides 2A?
Will the device just draw 0.5 A?
>>
>>59556210
After it passes through the PHP interpreter it will just look like
<p>World!</p>
<p>Hello!</p>

So it will affect both. CSS is applied in the browser, and PHP code is turned into regular HTML before reaching the browser.
>>
I'm making a very simple blog in HTML5/PHP to learn the fundamentals.

I've got to a point where I can write a blog post and it will write to a file, but I don't know how to display each blog post, from newest to oldest, on my homepage.

Should I cycle through the folder of txt files or something? I'm really stuck.
>>
>>59555668
I would buy a used T or X series Thinkpad. Old Thinkpads don't hold their value very well so you can get some great hardware for really cheap. Just make sure you buy from a seller that has pictures of the actual laptop you will get and images of the bios to make sure its not locked.
>>
I would like to use a Linksys WRT54G as my main routeur. I have installed OpenWRT 10.03.1 on it (which I believe is the latest supported version for this particular machine) but it's becoming quite old (released in 2010). Is it any dangerous to have a machine with such outdated software directly connected to the internet ?
>>
>>59556291
yes
>>
File: $_32.jpg (79KB, 928x760px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
79KB, 928x760px
>>59556536
Then why does some power banks comes with two USB ports?
One that provide 1A, and the other 2.1A?
>>
>>59556519
> Is it any dangerous to have a machine with such outdated software directly connected to the internet ?
Yes
>>
>>59547588
Should I upgrade my pc now or wait for the new ryzen to come out? Also is the 1070 worth it over the 1060? Or should I look at the r480's aswell?

Current specs:i5-4690k gtx680
>>
>>59556564
because charging two devices at once is a selling point, but chink tech can't handle 4a output
>>
>>59556643
I see.
Thanks.
>>
>>59556536
Is there anything more recent I can install on it?
>>
>>59555569
Inside your PC? All enterprise PCs have them, and they don't choke dick. Of course clean it out once in a lifetime.
>>
>>59555593
This makes no sense.
$dir is the path.

Does the "scandir" modify the $dir var?
>>
>>59555668
Used enterprise laptop.
Not kidding.

Every cheap line for all brands suck fucking ass.
Lenovo is not that bad tho, but still, it's shit.

>>59555696
Acronis.

>>59555973
No because in IT you will 100% meet such people. We are all weird fucks in one way or another.
>>
Why does 4chan open images, gifs and webms in a new tab all of a sudden?

Previously I'd click the image and it would enlarge without opening a new tab. How do I go back to the good ol' days?

I'm using Chrome btw.
>>
>>59555982
There are way too many php programs that you can install on your own server and you have a 100% full, owned by yourself webshop.

Just google "php e commerce engine" or "platform" and things like that. Wikipedia also has an article on them.

>>59556129
All AMD cards suck under Linux.
If your card is too old, Legacy may support it on older Ubuntu (14.04?), but.. nah.

> Am I damaging my computer by not using a OS supporting the graphics card?
Depends. It can eat more watts / make more heat / run on 100%.

> Also my laptop takes like ~50 seconds to boot? Is that because of the incompatible graphics card?
Or other quirks. The kernel can have 100000 quirks in it with dirty fixes. If you boot Linux "verbose" (by modifying grub entry), you can see what's causing the issue.

Just buy an Intel GPU laptop. (I know, I suffered with a Radeon for years on Linux. Never again.)
>>
>>59556191
Rent a VPS from Vultr or something similar. Or a Kimsufi machine. 5-10$ and you can pump up a fuckton of data.
>>
>>59556792
Update your botnet.
>>
>>59556394
I am sure you could just load all files in an array and sort them by modification date. Though I would simply add a timestamp (from date to nanosecond) to the filename, and sort them by that.

>>59556792
shift/ctrl stuck?
>>
>>59556758
Under the PSU.
>>
>>59547915
Did you install a 32-bit os on that?
>>
>>59556870
Nah, you don't need 4000CFM fans in anywhere your PC. They just move air, that's the most important. Even if you would just blow the hot air out of your PC, it would mean the same.
>>
>>59556191
Though Onedrive is very strict (ie. a scumbag) when it comes to this, so I would simply rent a Kimsufi. An Atom with 1-2TB of drive costs only a few bucks a month.
>>
>>59556898
But I was talking about a dust filter that gathers dust too fast and it makes my PSU choke for air.
>>
I want to script these commands.
It's to run remote assistance as a domain user on a non-domain joined laptop.

First I open powershell and run the following:
net use \\"computername" /user:"domain\user" /persistent:yes

runas /netonly /user:"domain\username" cmd

Then a CMD window pops up and I run:
%windir%\system32\msra.exe /offerra
>>
>>59553691

bump
>>
Some days I get packet loss and alternately high and low ping (3000ms followed by 9ms) on my desktop, but my laptop is fine, then other days my desktop is fine and my laptop cant even load web pages. On wifi

What could be causing this? Might it be too many connections for the router? There are 9 devices including chromecast using it
>>
>>59557098
What OS are you using?
Have you tried updating network drivers first?
Also check and see if there is a new firmware for your wifi router.
>>
File: 22-178-996-13.jpg (75KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
22-178-996-13.jpg
75KB, 1280x960px
Are SSHDs any good?
I've been looking at pic related for my laptop.
>>
>>59557137
Fuck no, they are garbage
>>
>>59557137
Not really pic related. The 2,5" version.
>>
File: 1487501306017.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487501306017.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
Why the FUCK doesn't jewgles captcha work with noscript anymore? Doesn't matter if I every setting on allow. I have to completely disable it and restart the browser for it to work since recent updates.
>>
>>59557137
Get a SSD.
I recommend 500gbs.

you can always buy more big storage later.
>>
>>59557142
Why?

>>59557175
I can't really afford an SSD. Plus, I need the storage space now.
>>
>>59557169
Use umatrix
>>
>>59549880
How are people still not using KeePass?

- Open source
- Fully encrypted with good customisation
- Great security features (e.g. secure desktop on windows, so when you type your master password it goes in a full-screen popup similar to windows's own User Account Control, to prevent keyloggers)
- Password storage full of features
- Easy to use despite all that
- Available on pretty much anything, except the Mac port is shit. I can vouch for how great the Android app is.

Given that it's fully encrypted on your local machine (presumably with a huge-ass password, otherwise you're a moron) there's basically no downside to sticking the database file into your dropbox (which is what I do). When dropbox gets hacked nobody will be able to get your passwords.
>>
>>59552258
Interested in this too
>>
>>59557189
I would say then get a regular mech HD.
>IE: WD red's or blue's

I've had issues with hybrid drives dying in the past.
>>
>>59557245
>One point of failure
>>
>>59557124
I'm on Windows 7
I tried looking for newer drivers for my network thing but I couldnt find any. It's USB, I have another one actually attached to the motherboard but I uninstalled it a long time ago because the router would just force it to disconnect every 30 secs. Do you think it could interfere even with no drivers installed?

Firmware is up to date. Its a BT smart hub so it checks for updates every time i reset it
>>
>>59547588
I have a really stupid question, as I am from /k/, and am a retard with computers, but this is easier than being ridiculed for making my own thread. I need to block the porn boards of this place without blocking the rest of the site. I am weak willed, and if I don't make some kind of effort to do this, I'll never stop. Is there some software that will let me do this without blocking the rest of 4chan?
>>
>>59557191
Can I import whitelisted scripts? I have invested a lot of time in making a lot of sites work properly.
>>
How to calculate battery discharge when not in use?
For example if I charged a power bank to 100% and stored it.
When will I need to charge it again?
>>
File: helloooo.png (7KB, 474x117px) Image search: [Google]
helloooo.png
7KB, 474x117px
Why are there two instances of waterfox, and 3 of discord? It never used to be like this.
>>
One of my HTML pages is fucking up and I have no idea what the problem is.

I have a PHP and HTML version of a page. They are both linked to the same stylesheet, but the PHP one doesn't use one of the rules for no apparent reason.
Why not?
>>
Am I gay?
>>
>>59557437
Only if you like penis.
>>
>>59557419
EDIT:
They are not the same page, the PHP is just script.
But
When the html is accessed from its file, it uses the rule fine.
When the html is accessed via another page, like from another PHP script, it won't use it.

Literally cannot find any reason why...
>>
>>59557321
It wouldn't hurt going to manufacturers website and re-downloading/installing the driver.
>>
File: 1423009301804.jpg (257KB, 1280x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1423009301804.jpg
257KB, 1280x1434px
is there a web site that i could use to commission a simple web dev project for cheap. something that would be mostly javascript with some api's using knockout js. at max like 50-60 lines of code.
>>
>>59557309
What do you mean?

You can split your passwords into several databases, you can make backups of your database files. You're as likely to lose that as any other file on your local or on the cloud.

Regarding security, you can use a key file instead of a password if you're really that worried about brute forcing (or you can use enough key transforms to limit guesses to like 1/sec - I have it set to around 2mil). By default it uses AES-256 which is unbreakable using current technology and knowledge.
>>
>>59557513
But you have ONE master password/keyfile

Password managers are a security risk
>>
>>59557443
Did you just assume their gender?
>>
>>59557650
Did you just assume *'s pronouns?
>>
>>59557454
Open it in your browser and view the source.
If that doesn't reveal anything click on the css file's link in the page source, check if that 404's.
Also inspect the elements using f12, css is on the right.
>>
>>59557573
That one password never goes on the internet
>>
>>59557720
>malware
>keylogger
>RAT
>phish
>ping pong cannon

It takes a SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE for your ENTIRE database to be compromised

So again.

Password managers are a security risk
>>
>>59557738
>Password managers are a security risk
What isn't, really?
You cannot keep track of 1000+ passwords and account names AND details.

Or can you?!
>>
>>59557486
There's a bunch of stuff like Fiverr, you could try that
>>
>using Windows 7 Ultimate
>want to open an MHT file with portable Opera 12.02
>go to Open With
>browse for OperaPortable.exe
>select it
>the Open With menu won't show the .exe
>the same goes for other portable programs I use, e.g. JPG files and portable XnView
What happened here, /g/?
>>
>>59557738
when's the last time you had a keylogger
your security operation is more important than software security
if you're targetted for security reasons it'll be your pdf that compromises you, not some guy sneeking in and installing shit on your computer
>>
>>59557780
Forgot to say I can always open the portable program and open the file from there, but of course, the other way is better.
>>
>>59557757
>>59557787
You create teirs of passwords for different security levels.Its not hard to create a 6+ word sentence for each of your banking/taxes/payment/etc sites

Forum accounts,emails etc it all depends on your security scheme.

Its not hard to remember at all, you remember entire songs that are easily 100 words plus
>>
>>59557486
>at max like 50-60 lines of code
if you're skilled enough to calculate that you should just write it yourself
if not, im guessing the project is a lot more work than you think it is
>>
what are my options for installing a new rom on a moto g lte peregrine
>>
>>59557833
>>>/xda/
>>
Does Delta Copy/rsync work two-way? I'm running a program on both my windows computer and my linux server for redundancy (windows will be up when linux goes down for upgrades). I only need one specific configuration file to be synced.
>>
>>59557738
Everything's a risk, it's a trade off.

If you've got a keylogger or malware on your machine you're already screwed, and if you log in to stuff even without a password managed they'll get that anyway.

I have literally never heard of a phishing attack that can get users to reveal their master password to their offline password manager.

>>59557806
Songs have very low entropy. A good password has high entropy. If you use something like a song or a quote, that's very very bad. A phrase of random words strikes a good balance, but in the end you'll still need to memorise a large amount of unrelated words. A scheme to derive passwords is also not good, it's absolutely trivial to try a couple thousand permutations to see if something works and if it does, now the hacker knows you likely use a similar scheme in other passwords too.

And again, MULTIPLE DATABASES. If you're really paranoid, keep your banking password in your head. Make a database for personal emails and social networks connected to your IRL identity. Make a database for accounts related to a particular aspect you do, e.g. technical accounts needed for work. Make another database for random forum and pizza shop logins.
>>
>>59557738
>malware
>keylogger
>RAT
If you've been compromised in any way like that you're fucked either way.

Sure having 1 password to store all your other passwords is a security risk but it's the best solution that I'm aware of.
The security risks that come from reusing any password are massive compared to using a password manager. And because of the amount of accounts I have remembering a unique password for each one is not a viable option.
Also I'm not suggesting to put all your passwords into a password manager either, only to use it as an addition.
>>
File: 1483267299673.gif (917KB, 248x193px) Image search: [Google]
1483267299673.gif
917KB, 248x193px
Why does everyone feel compelled to make a new thread for the same generic shit that could have been easily asked in /sqt/?
>>
>>59557911
People are stupid. 4chan is no exception to that.
>>
>>59557911
This thread should be stickied and mods should ban people that don't follow the stick rules. But they don't, and people stopped caring and now we shit in our own shit and ask ourselves why everything sucks.
>>
>>59557870
>>59557908
https://youtu.be/pcePrailWwc?t=29

This presentation is pretty cool, it's about a phishing attack on lastpass.
Deauthenticating users from lastpass, spoofing the chrome extension, emulating the pop-up, all pretty convincing.

Good example of the risks a online pw manager can have.
>>
>>59558017
>browser extension
There's your problem. Keepass is its own software, and like I mentioned you can enable "Secure Desktop" to have the entire screen dim when entering your master password just like with windows UAC.

You can't spoof that with webpages and popups.

Also
>online password managers
Why would you ever do that

I keep seeing people complaining about how "password managers are bad because the online database can be hacked, or phished, or whatever!" And nobody ever seems to acknowledge the objectively more secure offline managers.
>>
>>59557816
>>59557486
Now I'm curious what it is
>>
No-one helped with my question
>>59548849
maybe I should be clearer. I advised my friend to go the ryzen route because I had heard all these good things, but the benchmark lists don't even seem to show it. Is there something I have misunderstood? Should I recommend something different?
>>
>>59558242
the lists you looked at are either outdated or benchmark something that ryzen isn't good at.
>>
>>59558242
It's a meme, but it's still a flagship meme that should be floating somewhere close to the top. Look better.
>>
>>59557911
probably their first time on /g/, 4chan, or the internet, and they aren't aware of sqt
that or they believe their question isn't stupid/deserves its own thread/are arrogant enough to kill an old thread because they believe it's more likely to be answered this way (and it probably is, because we have people just as stupid which will answer their dumb question in that thread instead of insisting it be reposted in /sqt/)
>>
How to install a VM in a external hard drive?

will it run better than running it from his VM file thing?
>>
>>59558342
A little confused. What exactly are you asking? What program are you using for a VM? What do you mean by "running it form *his* file thing?"
>>
>>59558342
assuming you mean using a raw disk in place of a virtual disk file
1. depends on the VM software and OS used
2. maybe, you do have the advantage of avoiding the host filesystem, though you do miss out on any features of virtual disk files
>>
How can i open a picture from the command line?
On Manjaro currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (326KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326KB, 640x1136px
Where's the best place to learn GNU/Linux just random YouTube videos or? I just want to get better versed I can use basic distros such as Mint and Ubuntu.
>>
>>59558413
So I will most likely increase the perfomance way more using a USB3 case instead of a usb2 one, right?
>>
>>59558541
yes, either way
>>
>>59558519
>intall gentoo
>google how to fix every problem you get for 2 weeks
>fuck it
>install ubuntu
>find a job
>install w10
>>
>>59558496
$ imageviewername ~/path to image/
>>
Hello /g/, will mixing 2 DDR3 RAM bars with different clock speed ( 790 MHz and 1600 MHz) cause any problems?
>>
>>59558618
They'll align to the lower clocked speed automatically, no problem.
>>
How do you daisy chain VPN's.
Say throwing in 2 self hosted machines in to the mix
>>
File: Capture.jpg (9KB, 289x30px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
9KB, 289x30px
>>59558631
Thank you, can you recommend me any good 8gb ram bar that goes well with this one ?
>>
>>59558618
>bars
that's a new one
they're properly called modules

they will run at the lowest common configuration, while it won't cause any problems, adding a slower module isn't a good idea as you're limiting the speed of the others
>>
>>59558721
>module
That's a new one
They are call DIMMS
>>
>>59558731
I'm sure one of the Ms must stand for "module"
>>
>>59558703
literally anything, that module is pretty low end

>>59558731
want to take a guess what DIMM stands for? (hint: it ends with "module")
>>
Can someone redpill me on hosting?
I tested my website using XAMPP, now I want to host it publically.
Is it better that I use 000webhost or is it possible to host it from my PC?
If so, how do I do it?
Server PC would also happen to be my everyday workstation.
>>
So how do I make an app for android and apple.
The app is fairly simple people use it on their pics to edit. Editing will be like this: they can choose colors to paint onto the pic, I need maybe a selection tool and a filter

How easy can I achieve this? Could you please point me to the right direction say maybe a video tutorial?
>>
>>59558801
https://developer.android.com/training/index.html
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/DevelopiOSAppsSwift
>>
File: download_20170323_080645.jpg (61KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170323_080645.jpg
61KB, 761x563px
>>59557331
No one?
>>
>>59558840
How can I test the app if I don't have an Iphone? Any alternative?

Thanks!
>>
>>59558755
technically, all you need is a computer connected to the internet to host things, could even use your phone

but for any real public usage, you'll also want;
a. a static IP address, this might come standard, or your ISP might charge a fee for this
b. a domain name (such as "contoso.com"), there are free options, but it'll cost to get a proper custom name
c. probably also one or more ssl certificates for encrypted services such as https, startssl and let's encrypt are the only free options afaik, they do the job for basic usage
>>
>>59554423
Yeah, but it's the keyboards fault that isn't removable. It's the only suggestion I can't remove.
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 615x291px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 615x291px
>>59556792
>>
>>59558870
The SDK has an emulator. Though the SDK only works on mac os.
If you want a cross platform solution look into xamarin/cordova.
>>
>>59558850
there's plenty of ways to block sites, none of which are perfectly effective
you could just add rules to your adblocker that block "boards.4chan.org/<board>/" for each one
>>
>>59558917
>none of which are perfectly effective
well, if i'm to be completely accurate, there is one way
use a whitelist-based filter on a machine in the path of your internet access, which you have no control over
whitelisting internet access is is a gigantic pain for a home user though, you'll spend more time adjusting the whitelist than actually using the internet, unless you use a very limited number of services
>>
>>59558755
I used a netbook to host mine, just have some domain up, port forward 80 and some dynamic ip/noip setup so you don't have to change everytime there's need to change.
>>
>>59558881
>>59558755
oh, should be noted that some ISP's block incoming data to some ports to prevent hosting, such as 80 (http/www) and 25 (smtp/email)
so be sure to check that out first
>>
>>59558881
>>59559006
>>59559025
Is it wise to set it up on my home machine?
Obviously it won't be up 24/7 because I intend to set up imageboard for school so there will probably be some sensitive content due to anonymous nature.
>>
>>59559145
>Is it wise to set it up on my home machine?
it's fine besides the obvious things like;
- you'll be on a relatively slow, relatively unreliable non-business connection
- that connection will be shared with your own personal usage (speed and bandwidth-wise)
and if your ISP blocks ports, that too
>>
Can someone point me to a good resource to learn app development in Java for android?
>>
>>59559234
https://developer.android.com/training/index.html
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.