[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Senate Passes Bill Allowing ISPs to Sell Your Browsing History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: family portrait.jpg (60KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
family portrait.jpg
60KB, 500x666px
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/senate-votes-to-let-isps-sell-your-web-browsing-history-to-advertisers/

I wasn't super surprised to see /pol/ ignoring this because they will ignore everything evil that Republicans do, but why does no one here seem to care about this? This seems like a huge deal to me and literally no one is talking about it. Why?
>>
>>59546126
>Why?
I'm Canadian.
>>
>>59546126
>thread created 30 seconds ago
That's because you're late to the party. I've seen a few threads.
>>
>>59546126
hasnt passed house yet.

hasnt been signed by trump yet either
>>
>>59546180
The senate was the only chance of stopping it because the house is even more conservative. Trump will never veto this.
>>
>>59546249
source on both of those claims.
>>
>tfw your data is useless for marketing
>>
File: toad.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
A M E R I F A T S
M
E
R
I
F
A
T
S
>>
>>59546126
>he thinks they didn't already do it illegally
>le ebul republicans meme
>le senators decide everything meme
>>
>>59546500
>they're already doing it
>so punish them!
>no, legalize it. MAGA

Fucking dumb americlaps bending over to corporations
>>
>want to hide the things I do online
>it doesnt matter. the isp still knows that someone from a certain data center went to said site, so it's still data that can be sold regardless if it was anonymous or not

Fuck
>>
File: 1490139139472.jpg (105KB, 800x765px) Image search: [Google]
1490139139472.jpg
105KB, 800x765px
>>59546139
This
>>
>>59546126
we have been talking about this the whole day literally
>>
>>59546139

How do Canadian laws compare to this? Are they any better?
>>
>>59546126
SURPRISE SURPRISE
>>
>>59546249
This isn't a conservative bill though.
>>
>>59547293
as far as I know they're not allowed to do this
you'd bet your ass I'd be yelling at my mp if they could
>>
>>59547693
Peter Julian would be getting a lot of emails from me if this shit was even looked at by the Liberals.
>>
>>59547686
Jeff Flake?
>>
>>59547686
only republicans voted yes on it
>>
>>59548842
Did the government under Obama ever try to pass a similar bill?
>>
>>59548856
No, they did not.
>>
in my country they need to delete all data after 60 days, cant sell or give to government without warrant
>>
>>59547686
Are you fucking autistic.

No republican voted no on the bill. No democrat voted yes on the bill. This is an entirely conservative bill.

Source:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00094
>>
File: pepethumbsup.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepethumbsup.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
ISPs should generate less revenue!

said no one ever(except commies)
>>
dfdf
>>
File: 1378314637309.jpg (79KB, 642x642px) Image search: [Google]
1378314637309.jpg
79KB, 642x642px
>2017
>living in worst america
>>
Deregulation is good for the economy
>>
>>59548365
>>59547693
>not caring about freedom of speach
>instead giving a shit about something that's already happening anyways
who's going to prove they're selling your data? who's going to spend the millions of dollars to take them to court?
also enjoy your lack of free speach, i hear talking about terrorist attacks is now against the law in canuckland.
what's next? you can't talk about the government if they rape you? why the fuck shouldn't you be allowed to talk about another group which is attacking your country and your countries allies.
shame shame.
to anyone who has no idea what i'm talking about, there's a law about "islamaphobia" in canada, basically if you talk about islam without licking muhammeds asshole, you get thrown in jail.
>>
Some questions.
Sell to who?Anyone?
If sold, what limitations are there on what can be done with the data?
Does this mean it's legal to single out a politician from the data and sell/publish it? All web history, communications, etc?
>>
>>59546389
>tfw your life is useless for the continuation of the human species
At least try, please.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.