[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMERICANS BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 10

>Senate Votes 50-48 To Allow ISPs To Sell Your Data
>be American
>get botnetted

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/senate-allows-isps-sell-data,33968.html
>>
>>59545913
dude, you didn't read the article at all, they voted against an earlier protection bill. They need to now introduce another bill to revert the other protections against data sales.
>>
man that's a lot of thieves in one place
>>
>>59546135
its the thieves guild
>>
Hey at least we still got guns. Although even that is becoming increasingly harder. Thanks to federal laws such as theGun Control Act of 1968. If you have any criminal record even something as small as a misdemeanor. You lose the ability to purchase and I believe Carry arms legally
>>
This just legalizes what ISPs were already doing

trust your privacy to technical measures, not legal ones
>>
>>59546264
>trust your privacy to technical measures, not legal ones
why not both?
>>
Looks like Comcast is going to writing a lot of checks this week.
>>
>>59546245
>wanting niggers to have legal guns
>implying the arms manufacturers and their billion dollar lobbies will ever back down so the goyim can't buy their 50 different versions of a shitty AR-15
>>
>>59546319
I'm pretty sure the law applies to anybody. So that's one less gun sale for anybody with a criminal record
>>
>>59546401
anyone with a criminal record is a nigger and shouldn't have it so easy to get a legal gun
>>
This is fake news. Read the senate transcript.

They want to take the authority from the FCC and give it to the FTC...

One of the senators who voted for it:

Before the FCC's 2015 Open Internet Order, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) was the primary regulator of companies' privacy and data security practices. The FTC had the authority to bring enforcement actions against companies who engaged in "unfair and deceptive practices." The 2015 reclassification of broadband providers removed internet service providers (ISPs) from the FTC's jurisdiction. On April 20, 2016, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proposed a rule applying privacy requirements of the Communications Act to Internet Service Providers (ISPs). However, the proposed rule would not apply to edge providers and web sites, like Facebook and Twitter, since they still fall under the FTC's authority.
As you know, Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona introduced S.J. Res. 34 on March 7, 2017. This resolution would repeal the FCC's privacy rules. I do not believe a two-track system in which the FCC regulates ISPs while the FTC monitors the rest of the internet ecosystem is good for consumers. For this reason I cosponsored S.J. Res 34.
>>
>>59546428
It's possible though to get screwed over because of how the law works in your state. Just think of the self defense shooting in maryland back in 2013. The guy was charged with 2nd degree murder for trying to defend his girlfriend. But because the force was excessive he has to go to jail. I mean the charges were taken off but still there is a chance. Plus misdemeanor s arnt that bad
>>
>>59546428
>get in a car crash
>punch the other driver in the face and break his nose
>go to jail
>never able to own a gun legally again
>>
>>59546289
because literally the reason this thread was created
>>
>>59546518
yeah you shouldn't, you proved you're an unstable retard that shouldn't have a gun cause you assault people
>>
>>59546666
>some faggot almost kills you
>hit him during an argument while you're hopped up on adrenaline
>YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE A GUN YOU UNSTABLE RETARD
So if someone ever uses their gun in self-defense they should never be able to legally own one again? After all any injury to another human being regardless of the situation means someone is a mentally disturbed lunatic.
>>
>implying they weren't already doing this

ISPs are stupid rich. You can't regulate the rich in America.
>>
>>59546447
Where's the draft bill for the FTC? Is it hidden in a pile with the replace part of trumpcare?
>>
File: 1489453143786.jpg (489KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489453143786.jpg
489KB, 600x800px
>>59545949
>>59546447
This should have ended the thread. granted many alarmist anons have already shown their inability to read so here's an anime tiddie picture
>>
>>59546245
That isn't true. You can buy rifles and shotguns if you have a small crime on record. Things like pistols are not allowed in the hands of excons or those that have been hospitalized(depends on if you're state background checks for this and has laws on it. my state does.)
>>
>>59546721
I leik boobies
>>
>>59545949
Just like repeal and replace?

They're just going to repeal and forget.
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
>>59546766
you seem to have a very false mythology driven world view with regards to how congress functions anon
>>
>>59546736
There's often technicalities on those. In my state you can't have been "adjudicated mentally defective" within the past ten years. Suicide attempts? Shrink visits? Meds? Not part of the background check, you're clear so long as a court has never compelled you to be institutionalized or the like. And if it was longer than ten years ago you're still okay.
>>
>>59545949
>dude, you didn't read the article at all, they voted against an earlier protection bill. They need to now introduce another bill to revert the other protections against data sales.
They voted to allow ISPS to sell your data, you dumb fucking shill
>>
>>59546319
>>59546428
>>59546666
0/10
>>
>>59546736
Well I know that in my state (maryland). You need reasonable force for self defense. Which makes some sense and is full of shit. But ya if that is the case that is a relief
>>
This does not make me think.
>>
>>59545913
So there are a lot of libcucks panicking about this but what's the exact wording of the law which will permit this?

Do we even know if they're doing this already?

Smells like fake news.
>>
>>59548161
How underage are you?
>>
>>59548264
text of the bill or you and OP are both niggers

fake news
>>
>>59548293
>Republicans are the party of consumer protections!
I repeat, how underage are you?
>>
>>59548307
so i's fake news

notice the media isn't talking about the text of the bill either, probably because it's all just fake news

drumph btfo right? lol you libshits are really sad

give my regards to david brock
>>
>>59548332
Please go back to FunnyJunk.
>>
>>59548336
>not responding to the question
it's really sad, shills used to put much more effort into their work

text of the bill or it's all just fake news

can you even link one article which discusses the actual text of the bill, even just the relevant portions which provide for this new isp data selling thing?
>>
>>59548293
https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/sjres34/BILLS-115sjres34pcs.pdf

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-16-148A1_Rcd.pdf
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/advocacy_documents/comment-staff-bureau-consumer-protection-federal-trade-commission-federal-communications-commission/160527fcccomment.pdf
>>
>>59548379
the relevant section which provides for this new capability for isps to sell data please

i know you have a genetic predisposition for law
>>
>>59548332
>>59548358
Dumb reddit poster.
>>
They've been doing this since fucking dial-up kek. How the hell does this change anything besides now the government admits it exists.
>>
>>59545913
>no 'Ayy' vote
Sad!
>>
>>59545913
FREEDUMâ„¢
>>
>>59548457
Idiot shills can't link to the relevant portion of the bill because this is FAKE NEWS.
>>
>>59548397
I'd like first to point out first that you have now moved the goal post.

>text of the bill or you and OP are both niggers

I'd like to also point out that you did not bother to read what I posted

>the relevant section which provides for this new capability for isps to sell data please

or you would have clearly noticed that this is a repealing of rule, without any justification. There is no section it is very brief. This is the entirety of the bill

>That Congress disapproves the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to ‘‘Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services’’ (81 Fed. Reg. 87274 (December 2, 2016)), and such rule shall have no force or effect.

Here are tech sites discussing it.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/23/senate_votes_to_let_isps_sell_browser_histories/
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/23/the-fcc-is-talking-about-everything-but-the-imminent-repeal-of-its-internet-privacy-rules/
http://www.consumerreports.org/privacy/senate-moves-permanently-kill-fcc-broadband-rules/
>>
>>59548475
>They've been doing this since fucking dial-up
No.

>How the hell does this change anything besides now the government admits it exists.

This has nothing to do with the government itself other than signing this bill into law. Read the bill.
This bill isn't about government surveillance. If this gets signed into law, it allows employers to see every post you've made on this site for a monetary fee. They will shred your resume for even coming to this site. This also allows anyone to get access to your passwords and purchases if they pay your ISP for said information. It allows anyone to see anything about your internet usage if they pay the price for it.
>>
>>59548534
So that's what they call "autism"
>>
>>59548534
>Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services
I looke it up, it's a densely printed 73 page regulation which backdoors essentially new laws which is typical of Obama's way of doing shit.

This is called draining the swamp.
>>
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-12-02/pdf/2016-28006.pdf

that FCC regulation is a mess, good thing it's a goner
>>
>>59548598
>no

Oh okay I rebuke my statement after this irrefutable evidence coming to light.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>59548660
>>
>americans are now defending this
lol
>>
>>59548715
see>>59548660

read goddamnit reed you tardo europoors
>>
>>59548698
I have nothing to rebuke when you cited no sources to argue against.
>>
>>59548660
>let ISPs collect and sell data
>draining the swamp
wew lad
>>
File: d.png (413KB, 576x566px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
413KB, 576x566px
>>59548660
Now this is damage control.
>>
>>59548660
>>59548679
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/03/five-creepy-things-your-isp-could-do-if-congress-repeals-fccs-privacy-protections
>>
>>59548760
>>59548769
the fcc's job is not to backdoor laws for obama in insane new regulations all the time
>>
>>59548660
>This is called draining the swamp.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/macrosolve-donald-trump-jr-s-favorite-patent-enforcer/
>>
>>59548738
You can see how many businesses are in the data market for advertising without needing some specific source unless you're retarded. This rollback legislation is "a rollback" as in policy that was in effect before the last rule legislation passed under obama in 2016.
>>
File: 1418826394693.png (28KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
1418826394693.png
28KB, 256x352px
>obama puts systems in place that spy on U.S citizens against the constitution
>obama also allows corporations to fuck citizens in their asses
>trump is now furthering obama's endeavors even further
>americans will genuinely defend this
loving every laugh
e
l
>>
>>59548788
>the fcc's job is not to backdoor laws
Okay, how about you tell us what these backdoor are?
>>
>>59546790
ISPS ALREADY GIVE THEIR DATA TO THE GOV FOR FREE

this is to revert an earlier law
>>
>>59546319
>he realizes this
>he doesn't think the multi trillion dollar drug industry isn't also a corrupt mess
>he doesn't realize his own government and its allies are trying hard as possible to produce, sell and keep them on the black market as long as possible
it's like you don't even realize how lacking in freedoms you really are.
>>
>>59548811
>obama puts systems in place that spy on U.S citizens against the constitution
Poor history knowledge friend.
>>
All countries who can dislike Islam say I
>>
>>59548840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Obeu_VYY4
>>
>>59548821
Again, this isn't about ISP's giving the data to the government for free. This is about ISP's giving data to corporations/highest bidder for money.
>>
These data will make America great again, if you disagree you are a communist.
>>
>>59546245
>1968
How will we ever carry on as a nation?
>>
>>59548828
http://swampland.time.com/2013/06/07/president-obama-defends-nsa-surveillance-programs-as-right-balance/
>>
>>59548854
ISPs could already give their data to anyone they want, including the feds

the government now needs warrant+money compensation to get your data. This will make data collection less common
>>
>>59548889
Do you think Trump is going to change that?
>>
>>59546245
Dumb fucking shills trying to divert the argument already.

So are you literally too stupid to notice that your darling republicans are selling your ass or are you literally paid to do this?
>>
>>59548854
>This is about ISP's giving data to corporations/highest bidder for money.

They can't sell data if you browse websites with SSL.

Secondly, Google, Facebook and bunch of other companies already mine and sell your data. Why is now such a big deal with ISP's do this?
>>
>>59546447
Where's the replacement bill? Is it here? Is it there? Is it under a rock? Is it over there?

Where's the replacement bill, friendo? Do you actually think they're going to have one? I sure as fuck don't.
>>
>Americans BTFO
And also any European or Asian using an American site.
>>
>>59548911
no, of course not. i'm not delusional
>>
>>59545949
>fcc was about to put in place explicit protections against selling data
>republicucks decide instead to pass a law that will explicitly make selling data legal

how is this better?
>>
>>59548931
>Why is now such a big deal with ISP's do this?
Because it won't just be the two tech giants like Google and Facebook, it will spread to every corporation.

>They can't sell data if you browse websites with SSL.
And what about websites that don't have SSL? Now I have to limit my browsing to accommodate this bill? Not every site is implemented with SSL.
>>
>>59548931
can still see what sites you're pinging too regardless of encryption you fucking idiot.

>Why is now such a big deal with ISP's do this?
maybe it was always a big fucking deal, maybe some of us aren't retards and dont hand over our life story (complete with pictures!) to a bunch of faggot cucks on fagbook and whatever other shitbagran site you also mentioned
>>
>>59548931
"Look, I my friend here already pissed all over your face, but that means that it's fine if I take a big shit on it too, right?"
>>
>>59546447
That should go great under Ajit Pai, you fucking shill.
>>
>>59548931
Not everyone uses Facebook and Google
Not every site uses SSL
>>
>>59549018

So then you're fine with Facebook and Google mining your data?

If now, why not introduce a bill that makes every single company reveal what data they collect on you and who they sell it to, not just your ISP.

Oh that's right, you DO like taking it in the ass from Google and Facebook which is why you and libtards like you never complained the lat 20 years.
>>
>>59548931
>They can't sell data if you browse websites with SSL.
They might not know exactly what you are doing, but they will always know who you connect to.
Metadata is still data.

>Secondly, Google, Facebook and bunch of other companies already mine and sell your data. Why is now such a big deal with ISP's do this?
It's possible to avoid these companies or at least minimize connecting to their servers through ad blocking, request blocking, host blocking, etc. Now there is no way to avoid it without giving up using the internet altogether.

Using a VPN might help, but they come with their own problems (extra cost, lower bandwidth, unreliable so you have to keep switching) and in the end you are just shifting trust to a different party who is not regulated.
>>
>>59549040
>Not everyone uses Facebook and Google

That doesn't matter, those companies still track everything you do, even if you don't use their services or website. FACT.

>Not every site uses SSL

Then use the ones that do?
>>
>>59549040
Only the important sites use SSL because they/he/she bothered with configuring it.
>>
>>59549054
>Implying I have a facebook
>Implying I'm a libcuck if I disagree with republicans doing stupid shit.

Seems like you're defending something that's indefensible to protect your darling political beliefs, friendo. Might want to reel that in or people might start calling you a shill.
>>
>>59545913
>throwing out a law that wasn't even in effect until a month ago
>a law that requires you to sign before they can do anything with your data but you still sign anyway because you need an isp
literally nothing changes

Personal information gathering and protection is a huge issue but anyone who reads the actual law can see this being obviously blown out of proportion to suit the typical Facebook tier hype gathering garbage.

Make a law that prevents them from actually -gathering- senstitive data and then you'll see actual change. Keep using the same things to keep your information private, life goes on until we see some real change.
>>
>>59549140
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy
>>
>>59549124

So you like taking it in the ass from Google. Stop being a hypocrite.

And Facebook and other internet ad companies track you even if you don't use their site so you not using Facebook makes no difference.

Secondly you are a libtard. You're for regulation. Not only that, but you're for regulations for only certain companies and not others (Facebook and Google).

Libtard to the fullest.
>>
>>59549196
>I wanna' be fucked harder, daddy!

That's all I hear from you right now. Just the sound of balls slapping against your ass.
>>
I hope you like George Soros funded left wing non-profits buying all of your browsing data and 4chan posting data and sending it to your employer /pol/ :^)
>>
>>59549196
facebook doesn't have access to my entire browsing history, though?
the only thing facebook has is their ad network, which I can block.
>>
>>59549140
this is a ploy to sell more VPN and proxy subscriptions
notice how there's about 10 of these threads being spammed, without the pedo mods doing anything to stop them?
go figure.
>>
>>59549196
>And Facebook and other internet ad companies track you even if you don't use their site so you not using Facebook makes no difference.
https://noscript.net/

>Secondly you are a libtard. You're for regulation.
Anon please you are hurting my feelings.

>Not only that, but you're for regulations for only certain companies and not others (Facebook and Google).
You have an option to opt out of Facebook and Google. If you want internet you have to go through an ISP.
>>
>Block ads
>Don't use ISP DNS servers
>Nothing changes
okay
>>
>>59549323
every website with a like button loads something from facecucks severs, which makes it easy for facecuck to track you even without an account
>>
>>59549335
>Don't use ISP DNS servers
Literally means absolutely nothing to an ISP, if the destination IP is still clear text.
>>
>>59549349
It's called an IP-based blocklist. You'd be surprised that some of us who actually know how to use computers also use them. Now I've gotta' root through even MORE shit to make sure that people aren't logging my bullshit every time I set up a system.

Boy it sure is weird to see people shilling for rampant data collection on /g/...
>>
>>59549349
oh shit, I forgot all of my internet traffic was routed through likebutton.fbcdn.net already
>>
The libshits are up to their usual jewish tricks in this thread.

This new law doesn't legalize anything that they're suggesting, because common carrier provisions already forbid it.

It just gets rid of Obama's enormous regulation that he rammed through.

Libshit chicken littles BTFO
>>
>>59546245
>we are being sold out and spied on by our government
>but at least they let us have our shooty toys!
Do you realize how retarded you are? America is the laughingstock of the world because you think having firearms is more important than privacy.
>>
>>59549379
>Boy it sure is weird to see people shilling for rampant data collection on /g/...
It really isn't, most 4chin libertarians were only libertarians in the anti-libcuck sense.
>>
>>59549333
>You have an option to opt out of Facebook and Google. If you want internet you have to go through an ISP.

No you do not. You get tracked by them one way or another. Also if you want any sort of decent email/map/search you have to use Google. If you want social media with normal people, you have to use Facebook

>If you want internet you have to go through an ISP.

No shit? Internet Service Provider. I think you meant HIGH SPEED ISP? There's a ton of mobile and satellite ISP's along with fixed line.

Again, why not make these kind of regulations for Google/Facebook and all other kinds of data mining companies?
>>
>>59549167
That's not a Nirvana fallacy. Your information is still being sold under the law, and its right there clear as crystal. I never said the law that was originally passed would fail to make ISP's warn you before they collect personal data because they'll do it anyway behind your back, I said that this is being blown out of proportion as to how the law that is being thrown out does not actually prevent your personal information from being sold. Does it increase security by giving customers more peace of mind and a firmer grip over their information rights before they use a service? Absolutely. Do I think it was a step in the right direction? Absolutely. However it's hiding the fact and somewhat begging the question of how you still sign for your ISP to collect and sell your info anyway.

Information collecting laws go back to how it was a month ago because the law was not even in effect, so yes, ultimately nothing changes. You had 20ish days of ISP's requiring to tell you explicit details of how they plan to use your personal data and now they don't have to tell you anymore. But they will still collect it as always.

Look up the laws that these news articles are about and think before you post.
>>59549331
It's an interesting theory at minimum.
>>
>/pol/ shit spilling into /g/ and sharing objectively retarded stances on technology because ```libcucks'''
it's time to leave
>>
>>59549480

>libcuck detected
>>
>>59549408
So fucking full of libcucks, yeah. I'll bet they're crying about the EPA being taken to task too, like they think that bloated fedshit actually protects them.

Hell, we'd probably be able to get rid of the police if we got rid of the *cough* demographics that commit the most crime and just let everyone else defend themselves.
>>
I'm so scared bros.

I know they can get you if you do personal shit through a VPN so would you recommend a separate laptop for anything I want to keep private?
>>
>>59549167
Furthermore, it's worth nothing that the ISP's themselves, who are largely anti-Trump administration media networks (MSNBC-Comcast) have been against this entirely as well and have been pitting their lobbyists against tech freedom and human rights groups. The whole Republican vs. Democrat battle over this is a play for show and just them sticking to their party lines for political safety.
>>
>>59549599
>The whole Republican vs. Democrat battle over this is a play for show and just them sticking to their party lines for political safety.
that explains why the democratic FCC created this law and the gutted republican version is tearing it down
>>
>>59549435
>That's not a Nirvana fallacy.

> Does it increase security by giving customers more peace of mind and a firmer grip over their information rights before they use a service? Absolutely. Do I think it was a step in the right direction? Absolutely.
Yes, yes its.

>Your information is still being sold under the law, and its right there clear as crystal.
The law require ISPs to explicitly request your permission before doing so.

> However it's hiding the fact and somewhat begging the question of how you still sign for your ISP to collect and sell your info anyway.
This is an absurd argument, with no precedence in tort law. The FCC is not going to mandate federal tort legal binding precedence, superseding local state trot legal binding laws. All the regulation did was bring public disclosure policy to ISP/consumer contracts.

>Look up the laws that these news articles are about and think before you post.
>It's an interesting theory at minimum.
Delightful, some conspiracy theory peddler telling me to think before I post.
>>
>>59549847
lol ok dude I'm done. have fun.
>>
>>59549599
>Furthermore, it's worth nothing that the ISP's themselves, who are largely anti-Trump administration media networks (MSNBC-Comcast) have been against this entirely as well and have been pitting their lobbyists against tech freedom and human rights groups.
What is this even argument for. Democrats not bending over to logiest?

>The whole Republican vs. Democrat battle over this is a play for show and just them sticking to their party lines for political safety.
This is sound like nebulous implication of nefarious act, whiles saying absolutely nothing. Yes politics at least in the West are mainly public fights about ideology. If you are not politically safe it's because your ideology has not won the public acceptance.
>>
>>59549955
*lobbyist
>>
This is great, what's so important to Obama that his shills all want this faggot regulation to stay in place?

It doesn't even appear to do anything other than cause hassles.

Also there's language in the regulation which is getting repealed which panders to SJWs.
>>
>>59545913
>Live in Eurostan
>Walk outside
>Get run over by a crazy jihadist
stay mad, eurocucks.
>>
>>59546245
>have guns
>don't use them for the true purpose intended in the constitution.
>>
>>59550204
I often wonder about that... things are incredibly tense, and the USA has a LOT of guns in the hands of the public. It's worrisome in a way... I don't wanna be in that crossfire. I just wanna watch my Animu.
Leave the NEETs alone!

I guess they're pacified by the media though. :/ "Hrrrr! Trump!" -Typical Gun Owners
Meanwhile Trump makes sure they stay poor and passes things that do nothing but harm them.

I'm not sure how this works, I guess they're just stupid?
>>
>>59550387
Mind you, this isn't a pro-gun-control statement. Guns are fine with me.

I just worry about stupid people, and people who can't aim.
>>
>>59549349
>every website with a like button loads something from facecucks severs, which makes it easy for facecuck to track you even without an account
not really, no.
>>
>>59550387
>I don't wanna be in that crossfire
move to canada.
it's americas safe space
you can't even talk about terrorism anymore! (look it up, it's canadas latest law)
>>
>>59549416

a lot of people that call themselves libertarian are really just edgy authoritarian trumptards
>>
>>59548814
in ur fuckin ass now open up faggot
>>
Wow they actually did it?
Madmen.

HTTP needs to be banned.
>>
>>59550500
Yes really, yes.
You fucking moron.
>>
Thanks Obama.
>>
File: 1478883333186.jpg (155KB, 821x831px) Image search: [Google]
1478883333186.jpg
155KB, 821x831px
For a tech board full of programmers you guys sure don't know how to read a fucking bill
>>
>>59546719
lol this is how you control everyone without technically breaking the law. elect a complete idiot that makes mistakes and slip evil shit in the amendments.
>>
File: 640.jpg (116KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
116KB, 640x360px
OH LOOK!!!

IT'S ANOTHER "PRETEND EVERY ISP IN THE WORLD DIDNT ALREADY DO THAT SINCE DIAL-UP" THREAD AGAIN AND SOMEHOW IT IS AMERICAS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, wait........
>>
>>59545913

This.

This is why all you Windows 10 shills are fucking awful and need to stop.
>>
>>59545913
>Land of (((free)))
>>
>>59548898
>the government now needs warrant+money compensation to get your data
I hope you don't actually believe this
>>
>>59545913
Government regulation got Americans shit tier infrastructure and big monopolies in the first place. It's a positive thing unnecessary crap is getting removed.
>>
>>59546264
So? That isn't a defense. The fact they are confirmed to be allowed to do it legally is way different from doing it outside the law.
>>
>>59546779
>>59546721

Hahahahahaha. Wait, you actually believe that this Congress, that hasn't done shit right in years, is going to sit down and draft an intelligent bill that provides consumer protections from ISP and Government abuse?

You're the ones believing in myths and fairy tales.

Here's the reality. They are going to take the libertarian point of view and tell us to find an ISP that doesn't sell our info. Free market and all that.

Then they're going to continue to allow the large telecom mergers to occur, reducing any chance of you finding an ISP that doesn't sell your data. Free market and all that.

Why is this going to happen? Because they don't have to do anything to make it happen. Sit back, pass nothing else, and collect that sweet lobbyist cash for fucking us over.
>>
>>59549196
Dipshit, they already told you that they aren't using Facebook and Google. Just repeating the same line over and over shows very clearly that you got nuthin.
>>
>>59554024
> unnecessary crap is getting removed.
Unnecessary crap (like allowance to sell your data) is being added.
>>
>>59550500
Yes, really, yes

They're called tracking pixels or web beacons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacon
>>
>>59545949
>revert the other protections against data sales
You act as if this is a good thing? Do you understand at all what is happening? Have you always been this dumb?
>>
>>59546721
>being this gullible

You are the reason our overlords can keep raping us like this, thanks apologist!
>>
>>59550500
People like you should really not eevn be on this board. You are clearly clueless and it means your opinions are worthless.
>>
>>59545913
Thank you for correcting the record ShariaBlue.

By the way, If you don't support Trump 100% and our republican congress and would give your life for the president, you are a liberal cuck CTR shill traitor blacked liberal muslim leftist marxist globalist democrat cuck scum!

Fuck off shils. I want shils off my board

Ban all communist and leftist shills and anyone who doesnt support Trump and advocate for him online. If you don't stand with Trump, you don't belong on this website.

Anyone who doesn't support Trump is leftist scum.

MAGA!!!
>>
>>59545913
>he thinks this was illegal before
Absolutely halal.
>>
>>59552564
>he still thinks this is about trump vs shillary
>accuses others of inability to read

I've seen a lot of stupid in my day, but you poltards really take the crown. What a retard.
>>
File: security.png (26KB, 448x274px) Image search: [Google]
security.png
26KB, 448x274px
>>59546264
>trust your privacy to technical measures, not legal ones
Trusting your privacy only to technical measures is a fast way to ensure that rubber-hose cryptanalysis is a standard operating tool of any government.

The NSA and alphabet soup agencies have far more technical resources at their disposal and legal measures are the only thing that can feasibly prevent them from using those resources wantonly against whoever they want
>>
>>59555348
I dunno if you've followed the news but the law is what the judges say and the judges say the three letter agent gets what shim wants.

Laws can't save you now.
>>
File: pierce-brosnan.jpg (22KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
pierce-brosnan.jpg
22KB, 300x418px
>hurr it's fine others already mine your data
>it's fine that your browser history, financial data and even the content of your emails will be sold to corporations legaly.

I'm literally speechless anyone could think like this, do you Americans care so little about privacy?
>>
>>59555375
I'm aware of the political realities and the current police state really only proves my claim that technical measures are not the be-all and end-all in privacy.
>>
>>59555402
>do you Americans care so little about privacy?

Yes. But only because they don't quite understand how important privacy is. Also, remember that being 'unpatriotic' and 'unamerican' is a thing there. Go against big brother and you're basically an enemy who is aiding terrorists and pedophiles.

Propaganda works.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.