[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome will start rejecting Symantec-issued SSL certs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: symantec_416x416.jpg (13KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
symantec_416x416.jpg
13KB, 416x416px
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!msg/blink-dev/eUAKwjihhBs/rpxMXjZHCQAJ

The action comes after Symantec was found to have misissued 30,000 SSL certs and did nothing to ensure there won't be further issuance.

Extended Validation (green bar) will be turned off for EV certs issued by Symantec in the next release.

The validity period (from issuance) for Symantec certs will decrease with each Chrome release from now on from 33 months to 9 months max.
>>
>anti-virus
do people really are this stupid resource eating bloaty piece of shit which datamines you and instead of securing your system adds even more 0 day holes
are you this stupid people?
>>
>>59543258
This has nothing to do with their "anti-virus" business.

Symantec owns Verisign and Thawte, controlling about 15% of the SSL cert market.
>>
This is enormous. 15% of the market is understating it quite a bit.

Verisign own GeoTrust, Symantec, and Thawte. That's quite a lot of the commercial certificates out there which will rapidly become untrusted as to EV and will be phased out due to - well, they fucked up. There was widespread misissuance, and evidence (via Certificate Transparency - thanks, Adam and Ryan!) has been found of it.

Verisign are also the custodians for the .COM and .NET domains from ICANN, and have been since their inception. ICANN need to be informed of an irregularity of this enormity.
>>
>>59543626
My bank uses Symantec.

In fact, I think most banks use Symantec/Verisign.
>>
>>59543670
yep
idk any that don't
>>
Man fuck google, "we're big enough that we can bully anyone into doing shit we want"
>>
>>59544266
US Bank uses Entrust.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.