[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAW GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: DAW GENERAL_013.png (178KB, 416x598px) Image search: [Google]
DAW GENERAL_013.png
178KB, 416x598px
Yotsuba Edition
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>If you have an underrated screenshot of a post, post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pJKA01O

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'll begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
if you use anything other than fl ur gay
>>
>>59532878
Hey if it works and you do good on it, that's all that matters.
It's like owning a cruise liner and having no idea how to drive it while the other dude owns a boat house and he knows the in's and out's of it. See my point? I wouldn't mind learning Ableton, I heard it's great for production but sucks with a piano roll
>>
>>59532878
FL is love FL is life. FL is also a huge meme
>>
>>59532973
It's only a meme because "it's easy to use" and /g/ and /mu/ want music to be complicated to make.
>>
>>59532862
>Reaper
>4 years
>About 25 years
>Punk/hardcore
>Same
>Yeah
>Don't fuck with synths
>Yeah, it's a hobby
>>
>>59533466
VST is also included
>>
>What DAW is yours?
I use a Tascam Portastudio and built in sequencers for all my music, or just record live.

Long enough to where I don't need some babby DAW like the rest of the world because I'm a REAL musician and can actually play instruments. Most of my composition is done on sheet music while sitting in front a piano with a bottle of wine with a pack of menthols. I smoke American Spirit perique tobacco from pouches that I flavor with menthol myself.

What's time mean to a real artist anyways?

>Genre you play with the most?
I'm really getting into postmodern european shoegaze, it's just not like the other genres.

>Genre you're best at?
My personal interpretations of psychedelia experimental popnoise shoegaze is my best work.

Instead of recording to cassette, I'd like to be more original by getting to record straight to a dubplate vinyl somehow. The extra warmth would really let me step up the aesthetics and feel of my recording studio.

There was a small company from Germany you probably never heard of that manufactured clones of the original Buchlas with slight modifications including a xenharmonic keyboard that you couldn't get from anywhere else. I don't like to be limited to traditional theory and try to model my melodies on unreleased classical music that has been reimagined as if it was originally composed in xenharmonic tones.

With all the money I make and spare hours from working as a barista I have no reason to quit. The owner of the shop (great guy) has let me start giving my mixtapes away as complementary coasters so I'm bound to get noticed soon with how many of them I've been handing out. I guess it's a bit of a grind to become famous, not gonna be working at a coffee house for the rest of my life heh.
>>
File: a.jpg (148KB, 4096x2048px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
148KB, 4096x2048px
>>59534445
>>
>>59534445
>>59534445
>barista
Your a girl
>>
Are there any good vocoder VSTs?
I have the TAL Vocoder module, but I can't seem to get it to accept an external carrier.
>>
Ableton vs Bitwig
What to choose?
>>
>>What DAW is yours?
Ableton, more than likely migrating to bitwig or pure data
>>How long you been on it?
4 years
>>How long have you been into music?
12 years
>>What genre do you play with the most?
Vgm inspired electro/synth pop, and acid house
>>What Genre do you think you are best at?
Above + ambient but thats not as exciting
>>Have you thought about changing up to something else?
I want to get into more jazz and expressive music soon
>>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
Abletons operator or sh101 dont have one but it sounds nice
>>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?
I want to compose vgm music next year if possible but probably wont ever produce for people or engineer
>>
>>59537295
I would love to work on a game. Like do it's entire OST. That would be so awesome
>>
>2017
>not using Audiotool.com for sampling, producing and publishing
>>
Audiotool NEXT is looking promising, too bad they're like two years behind on development

>Good sample editor
>Cloud based
>HTML5
>Live collaboration
>Built-in publishing platforn
>>
>>59539632
Yeah bro let me just hook up all 32 channels of 192khz audio from my outboard gear into some flash player DAW.
>>
>he took the bait
>>
>>59539691
It's absolutely useless for anything professional. It's fun to play around in though.
>>
File: 1483120142761.jpg (690KB, 1600x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1483120142761.jpg
690KB, 1600x1008px
>What DAW is yours?
Ableton Live 9
~ 2y
Since I was 6
>What genre do you play with the most?
Synthwave
>What Genre do you think you are best at?
Dunno what thw Genre is called, but the type of stuff that Cliff Martinez made for the Drive Soundtrack
No
TAL-U-NO-LX (a emulator of Juno 60)
no
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.