[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where DO I go for tech support, anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1076.jpg (26KB, 255x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1076.jpg
26KB, 255x174px
Well I'm currently trying to replace my hard drive with a SSD (I got that far it's just plugging and screws) and now I'm stuck on trying to get the OS installed with the Windows 7 disk I had. And, I know you guys aren't the place to ask for tech help but...

Look I just wanted to watch anime without my screen turning into a neon shit taco because my hard drive had aids, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. And I don't know where to look. Yeah I googled the problem and it was all 'check your BIOS/RAID/Queztalcoatl drivers are synched to SHODAN at q'o'clock or the goblins will emerge from the ground and eat your kids' I built this thing like five years ago and even then getting the hard drive to recognize the MOBO was a bitch and a half. I don't know what terms I need to look for, what to troubleshoot or anything.

So where do I go and what magic IT words do I need to know to understand what's going on? Is that board-friendly, is a shove in the right direction okay?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>he fell for the SSD meme
>>
>>59533243
>>59533260
Yeah yeah system32 deletion put it in the microwave yadda yadda yadda. Just tell me where I need to go to get some real answers, you can't goof me into wreckingg something I can't even get to turn on.
>>
The right direction is to ride the fence between "my search terms are way too specific to my case" and "I'm speaking in vagaries."

Right now you're in the latter group. I have no idea what "stuck on trying to get the OS installed" means. There are lots of different places in that process to get stuck. Hell, there are lots of meanings for "stuck."

Try searching the web for your issues in a descriptive way, throwing in any technical terms which you're sure to be using correctly.
>>
Why are you reinstalling Windows? Why don't you just use your old install?
>>
>>59533597
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>59533801
I'm not 'reinstalling', my problem was My current hard drive was dying. i was getting driver errors, moments where the display on my monitor would go all pixely, the thing was making grindy noises, all the signs of 'your hard drive is dying'. So I thought 'well 500gb SATA 3 are now about as much as it cost me to get this 500 gb black HDD five years ago, I'm gonna switch'. Except now I have to install an OS on this one, since it's now my primary (and probably gonna be only) data drive. Except it's stuck at the black screen saying Loading Operating System forever, and nothing else. So I'm guessing there's some sort of in compatibility with the MOBO and the new SSD, since apparently this BIOS thing the tech threads are talking are saying that word a lot involving MOBOs, but they also are talking about RAID configurations and I'm pretty sure that that is involving combining data drivers together, which isn't what I want to do.

So my current search terms are 'ssd new computer installing operating system stuck' and I'm not getting anywhere. The box of Windows 7 says all you have to do is plug in everything and get the disc in before you turn it on, and since all I did was swap the fritzy HDD for the new SSD I don't see how there could be a problem.
>>
>>59533915
>ssd new computer installing operating system stuck
Except it's not a new computer, you know the name of the operating system and you have a specific set of words which you see on the screen. You can do better.
>>
>>59533956
Well I tried 'ssd replacing hdd installing windows 7 stuck at loading operating system' and got the same results.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2280819/stuck-loading-operating-system-replacing-hdd.html
This guy has an SSD with his OS lpaded already,
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2052838/stuck-loading-operating-system-black-screen.html
And this one had things working before, on a new system. Neither help my case now.
>>
>>59534043
>OS loaded already
Fixed. I'm making this thread from my smartphone so typing's difficult.
>>
>>59532780
Your MOBO or cables seem janky af.Try Tom's Hardware.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.