[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help Translating Hexadecimal Code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Hex Cipher.png (789KB, 1898x596px) Image search: [Google]
Hex Cipher.png
789KB, 1898x596px
So here's what recently happened /g/.
On /pol/, somebody posted a thread showing this (i believe to be) hexadecimal code. This was shortly after someone posted a thread with a pic of 2 guns and a bomb posting coordinates to a hotel in Barcelona. That thread got deleted.
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/117835419/#117840666
When translating the hexadecimal to text, it comes out as some gibberish which is located in the link.
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/117835419/#117843471
I was wondering if anyone on /g/ could help me decipher for sure what this hex code really says?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>59532638
This is 8-bit code and obviously can't be translated straight to ascii. Something needs to be done to the code that a clever puzzle solver could find, that is assuming the OP pic has some sort of code in it like a boolean operation to be done to it or a ceaser cipher code.
>>
hi /pol/

bye /pol/ >>>/pol/
>>
>>59532638
hex isn't really a code, it's a representation of arbitrary data. Without context there's no way of interpreting it. Some straightforward guesses would be to try ascii or something but I'm not gonna do it for you cause fuck that.

Judging by that image there's also a possibility of some steganography or something relating to the image. The hex might be a key to whatever that is.
>>
>>59532638
8 minutes of looking at this and it's blatantly obvious to me what the code is and what it means.
If you can't figure it out then fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>59532778
hex to bin, bin to dec, dec to ascci, ascci to arab
>>
>>59532638
WTF it just says "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.