[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Raspberry Pi and what makes it so special?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1438.png (216KB, 407x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.png
216KB, 407x370px
What are thse Raspberry Pi and NOOBS, and what can they be used for? I have seen them implemented in PCs, televisions, and smart operating systems. For its small size, Raspberry Pi has a noticeable amount of applications.

Again I ask: what makes Raspberry Pi so special?

Sidenote: I am a complete technological noob, but so much talk about it has piqued my interest. Therefore, I want to know about it.
>>
It's a cheap and tiny computer.
>>
>>59530544
this.
it's a decent computer the size of a credit card
>>
>>59530511
It was the first widely available cheap small form factor single board computers, so it became the standard everyone makes their software compatible with. If you don't need that or the interface pins, there's cheaper boards. Many tasks don't even need a whole computer and can be done with a $3 Arduino clone.
>>
File: 1488704065286.png (55KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
1488704065286.png
55KB, 250x210px
>>59530511
Google it then you fucking spastic.
>>
>>59530511
There is better or at least good enough alternatives for even lower price, but the thing is rpis have better support and much much bigger community, so much more projects and help for something you have in mind.

I have 3 rpis, 1 rpi3, 1 zero and now I got zero w, I use the rpi3 for testing new shit, and deploy it on actual systems, the zero I use for handled nes console, and the w is my git server on batteries (just in case)

Anyway, since I got them I bought many other sbc, such as odroid c2 and xu4 and recently I got the orange pi zero... they are all great value/price but lack the community, yet I still can do a lot of stuff on and with them, but I can imagine how hard it would be to start right away with them instead of rpis, I learned a lot about a lot of stuff because of rpi.

So yeah this is the long version of why is different, and one of the main reasons is branding.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.