[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you live in a society created by Richard Stallman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1466515710517.png (528KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466515710517.png
528KB, 655x480px
Would you live in a society created by Richard Stallman?
>>
>a society created by Richard Stallman
Like with a magic wand?
>>
If he created a society it would be an MIT campus

that's were all of his communism (because every university is full of commies) and use of the word "hacker" comes from
>>
>a man so autistic that he brags on his website about having refused the invite from a girl to watch some movies on Netflix because Netflix is proprietary software
>>
>>59530090
A man who doesn't abandon his principles even to get laid is a man worth respecting.
>>
>>59530122
dubs of truth
>>
>Society created by Stallman
>Everything free
>No one wants to work without incentive
> Everyone sleeps on GNU/beds
>Beds created by the community, where one person receives credit
>Bed breaks
>Everyone spends 300 days trying to figure out why
>Its missing 1 leg
>Someone makes a bed with 4 legs
>Everyone benefits from the new GNU/bed
>Everyone shares the bed, and adds mods
>breaks from too many users
>Stallman sleeps on a futon made in China
>Tells everyone that propriety beds wont respect your freedom
>what is freedom
>Stallman complains the bed needs more open source developers
>bed breaks more
>No one has money for a new bed
>everyone just ends up sleeping on the floor
>Stallman still using futon...
>>
it would kinda be like ultima v where people get executed for not being virtuous enough
>>
It is hard to link free software to a political ideology.
Some people think it is communism, others think it is libertarianism but it is not identical to either of those ideals.

Copyleft means you rely on some form of government to enforce that other people do not take rights away.
Free software does not claim that software should be free of cost, that is capitalism.
A product can be reproduced with a low cost that can be distributed to a lot of people will drive the price down.
No cost to reproduce drives the cost down to free.

Stallman may change other things with society if he was the sole creator.
But If we assume that the "only" thing that would be different was that all software was free software, then yes, I would live in that society.
That would be like asking if I would live in a society where there were there is no crime, no greed or no incompetency.

I don't want proprietary software to be outlawed, I don't really see how that would work, but I would like if it was removed. At least all software targeting personal use.
I honestly don't care if software like matlab, photoshop and inventor remains proprietary software.
Those products are targeted people who use the software professionally and having companies dedicated to those things makes sense.
But drivers, communication software, entertainment and personal computing tools should all be free software anyway.
>>
>>59530012
Fuck no, but his philosophy still has its place in computer software
>>
>>59530122
Are you that stupid? It's because firmware on tv's are propietary.
>>
04 January 2013 (Pedophilia)

There is little evidence to justify the widespread assumption that willing participation in pedophilia hurts children.

Granted, children may not dare say no to an older relative, or may not realize they could say no; in that case, even if they do not overtly object, the relationship may still feel imposed to them. That's not willing participation, it's imposed participation, a different issue.

Yes... yes, I would~
>>
A world where the church of Emacs is the same as the Spanish Inquisition, and anybody that uses Vi Vi Vi, is being hunted by it. I'll bite. t. Vim user here.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.